Paulo Dybala (81 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
He came up huge against Lazio and Spurs, and was overall pretty consistent compared to the other players. This season the criticisms are valid obviously, but is there really a player that was more valuable than Dybala last season? The answer is simple. None.
Chiellini, Pjanić and Costa immediately come to mind. Others had flashes. Dybala scored 10 of his 26 goals in like 4-5 games at the start. Then had huge gaps in form rest of the year.

Buy on AliExpress.com

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Bitch please. I give them both the benefit of the doubt for being fantastic here for multiple seasons. And so do the vast majority of Tuzzers with regards to Dybala.

And lol at you crying “hypocrisy” since you’re one of the whiny #AllegriOut crowd.
One can't have an opinion without being labelled as whiny nowadays.

I gave Allegri the benefit of the doubt (which I mentioned in this very forum a couple of times) but after two seasons there are no signs of improvement, actually we've only declined. I'm grateful for everything he's done but he seems to be out of ideas. Every cycle has an end and his is over with us IMO.

If Dybala were to have another horrendous season I would ask for his departure as well.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Chiellini, Pjanić and Costa immediately come to mind. Others had flashes. Dybala scored 10 of his 26 goals in like 4-5 games at the start. Then had huge gaps in form rest of the year.
Costa was only good for the last 3 months and only had great performances against minnows and Inter.

Chiellini and Pjanic stand out, the latter had a much better season in 2017 however and the former didn't carry us.

Dybala scored many + scored in a Scudetto decider against Lazio when there were little hope and Spurs to make us qualify

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
One can't have an opinion without being labelled as whiny nowadays.

I gave Allegri the benefit of the doubt (which I mentioned in this very forum a couple of times) but after two seasons there are no signs of improvement, actually we've only declined. I'm grateful for everything he's done but he seems to be out of ideas. Every cycle has an end and his is over with us IMO.

If Dybala were to have another horrendous season I would ask for his departure as well.
:tup:

I agree with you. Even on Allegri. It got pretty damn stale and frustrating this year. If we reinforce midfield and CB and bring in several fresh world class faces, I’m not opposed to him starting the season on the bench with a short leash (as in needs to be showing very quickly that he can have the team play positive and stood football by the end of group stage at the latest)... but if the team is going to only receive minor reinforcements, I’d prefer we bring in a fresh face with new motivation and ideas.

And :tup: to keeping Dybala for at least another season.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He came up huge against Lazio and Spurs, and was overall pretty consistent compared to the other players. This season the criticisms are valid obviously, but is there really a player that was more valuable than Dybala last season? The answer is simple. None.
Douglas Costa for one was better, and he was player of the season. And he's another who seems to fit into the same category of mental fragility. He is almost the Dybala of last season - started like a man possessed and then disappeared, with glimpses of absolute quality.

Ultimately Juve were and are never going to win the CL when these are the quality attacking players the team is built around (as well as Ronaldo), unless there is a decisive change in their contribution.

The other thing is that the physical condition of the team has seemed sketchy all season, we arrived in garbage physical shape.

The Donkey

Dec 7, 2017
The amount of cocksucking that guy receives from people who have heard of him just a month ago :lol:
I'm watching Ajax regularly in the last two years since David Neres is there because i want to see if he would improve there. I think they had three managers in the period all with same playing style with more or less competence. All play cruyffism but Ten Hag tends to not have so much defensive possession. Seems to be a posiive change in their style.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I might have dreamt it or maybe hallucinated but I thought I read someone post yesterday that Dybala was our player of the season last season.

Just...lol. Maybe if the season was from August until September.

Unfortunately this decline is 12-15 months long, with the occasional bit of quality. That's not what you expect from a top player, and it's a sign of mental fragility.

I'm not a fan of looking at stats but it is quite startling when you see where his goals came. The only big teams he scored against - if you can call them big teams - for part of his 20+ goals were Milan and Lazio, and in the CL there was one goal against Spurs. This year he has one against Man Utd and Milan, in a barren season. This is a player who shines against smaller teams, but that has declined with his drop in the pecking order and questionable role.

I just don't think we're ever going to see the player we hoped for, regardless of where he plays. It's a stick-or-twist situation. Do we give him another season, how long do you persevere? Yeah, probably another season. Blame Allegri all you want but Dybala is responsible for Dybala, at Juve you roll your sleeves up.
Well said.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Costa was only good for the last 3 months and only had great performances against minnows and Inter.

Chiellini and Pjanic stand out, the latter had a much better season in 2017 however and the former didn't carry us.

Dybala scored many + scored in a Scudetto decider against Lazio when there were little hope and Spurs to make us qualify
to me Dybala also was the MVP, but i have to give Costa a + for his Napoli away performance as well. started the counter on the goal and did great defensively to keep our 2 lines of 4 in tact. he then exploded in the last 3 months as an offensive weapon, but for the entire season, Dybala was the best to me. his goal vs Lazio, and his 2 assists vs inter in the title decider were crucial

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
to me Dybala also was the MVP, but i have to give Costa a + for his Napoli away performance as well. started the counter on the goal and did great defensively to keep our 2 lines of 4 in tact. he then exploded in the last 3 months as an offensive weapon, but for the entire season, Dybala was the best to me. his goal vs Lazio, and his 2 assists vs inter in the title decider were crucial
And it wasn't even close. 3 months don't make you mvp.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I might have dreamt it or maybe hallucinated but I thought I read someone post yesterday that Dybala was our player of the season last season.

Unfortunately this decline is 12-15 months long, with the occasional bit of quality. That's not what you expect from a top player, and it's a sign of mental fragility.

I'm not a fan of looking at stats but it is quite startling when you see where his goals came. The only big teams he scored against - if you can call them big teams - for part of his 20+ goals were Milan and Lazio, and in the CL there was one goal against Spurs. This year he has one against Man Utd and Milan, in a barren season. This is a player who shines against smaller teams, but that has declined with his drop in the pecking order and questionable role.

I just don't think we're ever going to see the player we hoped for, regardless of where he plays. It's a stick-or-twist situation. Do we give him another season, how long do you persevere? Yeah, probably another season. Blame Allegri all you want but Dybala is responsible for Dybala, at Juve you roll your sleeves up.
Would you sell and reinvest? Or would you stick to Dybala?

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013

Agreed. That’s why I said letting him go would be a win-win situation.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
Don’t forget the most obvious point.

We became worse after he was substituted.

I’m actually glad he was subbed at half time. If he played the whole 90 minutes, the usual suspects (aka Allegri defenders) would try to blame him for the defeat.
man am not against Allegri even. but seriously people are delusional or something. since the departure of vidal, marchisio, pogba and pirlo. our team has suffered alot. we don't control games with this weak midfield we have. they are not good enough to hold juve. we have solid players all around the attack. they are top quality able to do stuff.

but u ask berna and dybala and others to do work of the midfield it doesn't make sense. the defense is not also so horrible either. but they cover for the hole i the middle.

i want a new midfield to support this team. our midfield has no class to control games

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
He really needs to bulk up and probably grow a few more inches if he is to be successful battling opposing CMs for the ball
He should! Defending attacker is a demanding position especially when you have a narrow lead that you want to protect. He should learn discipline too and avoid running risks.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Nah. Dybala was the most important and most influential player of our team. He out scored his XG by a huge margin (26 goals is actually a lot more than he statistically should have scored based on the chances he got), and he was our most creative player on top of it.

Nah, Dybala was on balance our best player of the whole year. You are clueless if you think Costa was better.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
people wake up. Dybala got fucked after Pogba left.

imagine Dybala with a strong midfield upfront with ronaldo. seriously i don't want to see us losing him. we will regret it.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011

Mental illness.

You're talking as if Dybala had a bad season. The only one that even came close was Douglas Costa and even then most would agree Dybala was better.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
people wake up. Dybala got fucked after Pogba left.

imagine Dybala with a strong midfield upfront with ronaldo. seriously i don't want to see us losing him. we will regret it.
Dybala essentially played Pogba’s role in 2016/17, and did an amazing job. He made a seemless transition from goalscorer to playmaker.

In 2017/18, we played Dybala as a wide forward with Costa as touchline winger, and he was again excellent for the majority of the season.

This season, Ronaldo plays as wide forward, so Dybala now plays as an attacking midfielder and also has more defensive responsibility than 2016/17 because Mandzukic doesn’t run anymore and Ronaldo doesn’t run anywhere near as much as Cuadrado did. Now at last, he finally has a poor season.

But this is all Dybala’s fault of course. Not Allegri for playing him out of position because he’s too afraid to drop his favourite Mandzukic. Not that imbecile Beppe for completely ruining our midfield, filling it with workhorses who can’t pass forward.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Mental illness.

You're talking as if Dybala had a bad season. The only one that even came close was Douglas Costa and even then most would agree Dybala was better.
No I didn't say he had a bad season, I said he's stagnated for 15 months. Was he one of our best players last season? Well he has to be because there's only 5-6 players at any one time who can realistically have a shout, and he is a forward scoring 20+ goals so he is on the list by default. But I remember the performances starting to decline from 2018, now and then you'd see a special performance. Now it's a case of seeing maybe a special bit of play in a game.

In terms of general play I thought Higuain had a criminally underrated 17-18 season, but he gets judged on goals. That's the irony I guess. Chiellini for me was also consistently better. But generally it's irrelevant to my point, because Juve's strength is the unit and we can have a squad at 7/10 and win the league with a huge points total.

Take this season, who would you say was our third best player? After Ronaldo and Chiellini you're scratching around to find someone who has genuinely played toward their best level. So being one of the best players in a Juve season is not as it might seem. That's because of the state of the domestic league.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
"Credo che Dybala si sia svalutato per colpa sua, ha avuto un calo mentale. Invece di esaltarsi al fianco di Ronaldo ricaricandosi perché è alla Juventus, si è abbattuto e questo non è colpa della società". Lo ha detto Andrea Pirlo a Sky Sport a proposito della Joya.

"I think Dybala has devalued because of himself, he's had a mental decline. Instead of getting excited alongside Ronaldo, and reloading because he is at Juventus, he fell and this is not the fault of the company". Andrea Pirlo told Sky Sport about Joya.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)