Paulo Dybala (243 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
And Dybala has stopped looking to pass, the vast majority of the time, unfortunately.

Stop trying to make out that Dybala's poor season is 100% on Allegri. It's not. He has a pretty poor attitude and sulks around the pitch half the time, instead of working to get better.

Maybe he could fix his first touch. Maybe he could look up once in a while when he has the ball around the box, and notice that Ronaldo is on the pitch too. Maybe he could work on strengthening his weak foot. Etc etc.

Allegri has to bear some of the responsibility... I think the archaic fitness training methods we seem to have been using the past 2 seasons have left Dybala in fairly rough physical shape, and I definitely think Allegri could have tried playing Dybala further forward in a front 2 as the support striker far more often, especially last season with Higuain, and Costa in scintillating form on the wing... 4-4-2 might have been fantastic last year with Dybala further forward instead of playing in the mid.

I also think Dybala would look better if Beppe and Paratici hadn't destroyed any semblance of midfield strength we once had over the last 4 years. If we can afford to strengthen the midfield significantly (and backline) while keeping Dybala and Costa, and have a creative technical player in there so Dybala stops needing to drop so deep, I hope we do so.

But Paulo also needs to fix his attitude, put his head down, and get to work on improving himself.
Dybala's job is to man mark the opponent's playmaker nowadays.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I honestly cannot remember the last time I seen him pick the ball up in a good position in or around the box.

I'm 50/50 about him right now. I understand he has been poor but I'm still not sure if it's his fault.

Never the less i still want him to stay because I know what he is capable of and I dont think we can replace him with anyone better considering his value right now.

Last edited:

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
He is an excellent passer when he has runners in front of him.

This is a highlight reel from September 2016 to February 2017:

Notice the following time stamps:

0:41
2:25
2:58
4:18
4:45
8:01

Our overall play as a team has deteriorated massively since the second half of 2016/17.
That's 2+ years ago

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Disgusting notion, and you call yourself a Juventus fan. You want an inferior player who's absolutely useless when he isn't scoring. Coupled with his toxic attitude, it's a big fuck no. Anyone who endorses a trade of Dybala and Icardi needs their head examined.
First read my post in the transfer thread where I have called Icardi a disruptive influence in the dressing room but I don't understand your obsession with your toyboy who has been having an horrendous season

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
First read my post in the transfer thread where I have called Icardi a disruptive influence in the dressing room but I don't understand your obsession with your toyboy who has been having an horrendous season
Wrong! I am ok with sacrificing Dybala if we're bringing in potentially better players, so no Chiesa, Icardi, or any of that shit. Why do you want to strengthen our opponents and weaken us in the process? Icardi for Dybala is dumb as fuck. Sell Dybala to Bayern or something.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Wrong! I am ok with sacrificing Dybala if we're bringing in potentially better players, so no Chiesa, Icardi, or any of that shit. Why do you want to strengthen our opponents and weaken us in the process? Icardi for Dybala is dumb as fuck. Sell Dybala to Bayern or something.
Felix? What say you?

Big gamble but I think we need those at this point

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Definitely if we sell dybala we will definitely buy Zaniolo and Chiesa which our team needs right now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 219)