Paulo Dybala (260 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
And what success did Argies achieve with these coaches?

Regarding Max, Dybala has played 2334 minutes in 35 games, so lets not pretend he is benched
I'm not saying he's a bad player. I'm just saying that his coaches don't deem him good enough to accommodate him either by playing him in his best positions or playing him at all

I don't see the relevance of the lack of Argentina's success

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Talent wise it's not close, if the former sorts himself out then that is no contest.

Salah had a great year last season and he's a great player, but he benefitted a lot on the system implemented by Klopp. This season he's having a bit more difficulty
Dybala is still the same player as he was when we first got him. Very talented but hasn’t really progressed from a potential talent. Until he steps it up, Salah is the more valuable player

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I think Dybala has improved a lot since we first signed him. Even this season generally his touch is better, keeps the ball better and tactically smarter. Not to mention he is physically stronger.

Just because he isn't scoring like his earlier seasons doesn't mean he hasn't improved. He is playing a completely different role where it is difficult to rack up the goals.

I like Salah but it's highly unlikely he will get the same number of goals here as at Liverpool. He hasn't even managed it over the past few months. I have no doubt Dybala would score plenty at Liverpool. I wouldn't be surprised if two seasons later when Ronaldo is nearing the end of his time here, we'd be wanting him back.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
I think Dybala has improved a lot since we first signed him. Even this season generally his touch is better, keeps the ball better and tactically smarter. Not to mention he is physically stronger.

Just because he isn't scoring like his earlier seasons doesn't mean he hasn't improved. He is playing a completely different role where it is difficult to rack up the goals.

I like Salah but it's highly unlikely he will get the same number of goals here as at Liverpool. He hasn't even managed it over the past few months. I have no doubt Dybala would score plenty at Liverpool. I wouldn't be surprised if two seasons later when Ronaldo is nearing the end of his time here, we'd be wanting him back.
if he can't score ....he can assist ....but both are meh ...so ...what is the use of him ? make a position busy ...for nothing

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
If someone read this and don't know who is Dybala ....he thinks you talk about Diego Armando Maradona :rofl:

better for him stay in Liverpool , if he celebrates his goals here .... Italian emotions will fail to handle it .....
You mean IF HE SCORES goals here then we will talk about celebration. This is not EPL and this team tactics will never be built around him and our manager name is not "attack-attack" klopp.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Berna is more versatile, but there is nothing to suggest he is the superior player.
Have you watched this season? For the first two months people were (rightfully) drooling how well Berna was playing, the chemistry he had with Ronaldo etc. He had one worse period from mid-November because he got injured for Italy, but overall dude is playing great, brimming with confidence, character, strength, leadership. He's just a joy to watch in what's his first real season in a big club getting big minutes. And he's getting thrown all around the pitch and thriving in every role. Real stile Juve player.

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
Many ...as i remember or read about or watched ....those players excelled in both the old & new position ...and shifted to the new one because their are more quality in the team and don't want to sacrifice anyone ...like our current team ..we have a lot of quality ....so little adjustments in players favourite position could happen

Zambrotta ....was a right winger but Lippi changed his position into LB because of Camoranesi ...(google it) ... but still excelled
Schweinsteiger ...was a winger ..... but his coach changed him into central midfield...and he excelled very well ...
Mascherano ... was a DMF but Barca midfield was full and powerful ....and the coach put him as CB...but still excelled
Kompany ....usually plays as CB ...but he is being used as DMF ....but still excelled

you know don't even go far away ..Mandzukic is a central forward and Allegri put him a left winger .... and still excelled ...

and i believe you can find many .....

as for Dybala ....it's fact he lost his position here for Ronaldo .....so what is the solution in your mind ? ?
Allegri gave him new role to stay with us ...he showed very little ....so what you think ...keep him or return Ronaldo to Real...

so based on this which am saying very long time ....better for both parties to part a way ....Dybala has no place in our team and if you want to blame someone ....blame the one who brought Ronaldo ....not me !
Mascherano was shit but could seem ok next to Pique (who is shit too imo) - but this was fine just because Barca didn't have a proper CB since Puyol.
I don't know about Schweinsteiger, and also don't think Kompany excelled at anything except CB.

In any case - can you name one attacker that supposedly changed his position to a deeper (far from goal) role, and still excelled (scored ton of goals)?

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Mascherano was shit but could seem ok next to Pique (who is shit too imo) - but this was fine just because Barca didn't have a proper CB since Puyol.
I don't know about Schweinsteiger, and also don't think Kompany excelled at anything except CB.

In any case - can you name one attacker that supposedly changed his position to a deeper (far from goal) role, and still excelled (scored ton of goals)?
Why does a player have to score tons of goals to excel?

Mandžukić as a winger, Rooney as a midfielder for SAF, Villa from CF to winger, Eto'o at Inter was used all over the place, even as a wing-back at some points and was a key player in their treble. Kroos was a pure CAM at Bayern before Heynckes moved him back to a deeper role. KDB also at City, turned into an incredible all-rounder. Mbappe was a CF for Monaco when he burst onto the scene, now plays great for PSG as a pure right winger.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016

Mandžukić as a winger, Rooney as a midfielder for SAF, Villa from CF to winger, Eto'o at Inter was used all over the place, even as a wing-back at some points and was a key player in their treble. Kroos was a pure CAM at Bayern before Heynckes moved him back to a deeper role. KDB also at City, turned into an incredible all-rounder. Mbappe was a CF for Monaco when he burst onto the scene, now plays great for PSG as a pure right winger.
This means that you shouldn't expect tons of goals for Dybala as well then. He has played well lately in his deeper role, time to recognize that and not only berate him for his lack of goals.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
This means that you shouldn't expect tons of goals for Dybala as well then. He has played well lately in his deeper role, time to recognize that and not only berate him for his lack of goals.
I don't.

For the 100th time, it's not about goals. My criticism of him has very little to do with goals. Players of his style, of his talent should be leaders and driving their team forward in every attack - what Bernardeschi did vs Atletico, Pogba vs Bayern, Costa vs RM last year. What Dybala did in his 1st year here after all.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Many ...as i remember or read about or watched ....those players excelled in both the old & new position ...and shifted to the new one because their are more quality in the team and don't want to sacrifice anyone ...like our current team ..we have a lot of quality ....so little adjustments in players favourite position could happen

Zambrotta ....was a right winger but Lippi changed his position into LB because of Camoranesi ...(google it) ... but still excelled
Schweinsteiger ...was a winger ..... but his coach changed him into central midfield...and he excelled very well ...
Mascherano ... was a DMF but Barca midfield was full and powerful ....and the coach put him as CB...but still excelled
Kompany ....usually plays as CB ...but he is being used as DMF ....but still excelled

you know don't even go far away ..Mandzukic is a central forward and Allegri put him a left winger .... and still excelled ...

and i believe you can find many .....

as for Dybala ....it's fact he lost his position here for Ronaldo .....so what is the solution in your mind ? ?
Allegri gave him new role to stay with us ...he showed very little ....so what you think ...keep him or return Ronaldo to Real...

so based on this which am saying very long time ....better for both parties to part a way ....Dybala has no place in our team and if you want to blame someone ....blame the one who brought Ronaldo ....not me !

Our options for LB when zambrotta came back Brindelli was the only one capable of playing at LB or RB and mainly played on the right. It was not out of choice but out of necessity to try zambrotta on LB and it payed off. it can be argued that zambrotta was meant to play fullback
and not midfield in the first place.Another words lippi just helped him discover his most effective position more than he adapted to a new postiion.

Same goes for Schweiny, with a powerful shot and game reading ability and defensive skills and not
crazy fast, would any sane coach keep playing him at wing?

"I think the biggest change for me personally is that finally ive been allowed to play in
my best position" GOOGLE IT.

This is the case of two players who found thier TRUE position not adapted. Macherano is the only one who adapted, and even than you can't compare to Dybala situation its apples and oranges. it is much more delicate when you talk about forwards combining to connect offensively for a goal than a bunch of defenders kicking under the ball for a clearance, a lot different and alot easier for DM to CB than forward to a wing or
CF. Mandz adapted for how long? Why didnt Max continue with this excelling new ways?

As for Dybala, (a player by the way who has the most direct comparison to one of two GOAT) yes he lost his place to GOAT, we didnt anticipate we would buy GOAT so now we have to find a system to use both players effectively not let the future GOAT go. Right now we dont have the personell to do that until we buy couple of qualitymids. To do this we dont have to weaken the team to make it strong in another area, we can let go of couple ofplayers like higuain or sandro etc. (another argument)
Dybala has a place in this team, but not when slow ass khedira or matuidi with his mancave technique is holding the midfield in 4231. .

Kompany as DMF? LOL what can i say this is your capacity...and cut the superior attitude. You are the one trying hard to pass of your opinions as facts so if you don't wana get clowned dont be a clown you assimilated jester.

Man you don’t know even how to aurge , better clown some posts... its more funny.
If someone read this and don't know who is Dybala ....he thinks you talk about Diego Armando Maradona :rofl:

better for him stay in Liverpool , if he celebrates his goals here .... Italian emotions will fail to handle it ...

Last edited:

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019

I'm not saying that a player has to score tons of goals. My point exactly is that if you move a player further away from the goal, he is going to score less, but people expect
from Dybala to score as much as he did (or more) as in earlier seasons.

Imo Dybala performs well with the tasks he's given. Obviously when he goes deep into the right wing, he's not a runner, and won't outrun 2 or 3 defenders. The best he can do whenever he drops back into the midfield/wing, he can hold up, keep possesion, pull 2 or 3 players/defenders towards him, get a free kick, pass or overlap with eg. Cancelo - and imo all of those things he does well.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, for the ppl who think that Dybala scores goals against weaker teams only - the reason for that is because our midfield performs better against those teams, so he at those times plays closer to the goal and gets more useful balls indeed.

Last edited:

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004

:sergio:

Why scoring goals should be the measure to you ! all mentioned players were excellent in their old & new roles ...and they are forced to do it ....
Dybala new role was to be the linkage between attack & midfield.... the roles needs to service our attackers ...create something...because Ronaldo took his place ...and he failed ...so tell me what to do ? answer my question what we should do here ? I tell you ...

Sack Allegri & Return Ronaldo to Real. period. if you can't , the selling Dybala is the way to go and bring much needed player st strenght our formation ....Dybala with Ronaldo just weakening our game .....

IlCapitano :baus:

exactly ..really thanks ...Eto , Rooney , Mbappe are the best examples even Mandzukic in our team ...all excelled ....especially Roooney ...
but lets not joke about ourselves ...Dybala is not even close to those guys ...

Dybala at his age now he should burning the ground running , assisting , scoring and open up the play ..but Nah ...he just a little girl once someone touch him..falls like a puppy on the ground...and even when he is in form ..it's just a burst form and very inconsistent ....

Sorry all Dybala fans ...but I love the team ...not the players ..

- - - Updated - - -

Our options for LB when zambrotta came back Brindelli was the only one capable of playing at LB or RB and mainly played on the right. It was not out of choice but out of necessity to try zambrotta on LB and it payed off. it can be argued that zambrotta was meant to play fullback
and not midfield in the first place.Another words lippi just helped him discover his most effective position more than he adapted to a new postiion.

Same goes for Schweiny, with a powerful shot and game reading ability and defensive skills and not
crazy fast, would any sane coach keep playing him at wing?

"I think the biggest change for me personally is that finally ive been allowed to play in
my best position" GOOGLE IT.

This is the case of two players who found thier TRUE position not adapted. Macherano is the only one who adapted, and even than you can't compare to Dybala situation its apples and oranges. it is much more delicate when you talk about forwards combining to connect offensively for a goal than a bunch of defenders kicking under the ball for a clearance, a lot different and alot easier for DM to CB than forward to a wing or
CF. Mandz adapted for how long? Why didnt Max continue with this excelling new ways?

As for Dybala, (a player by the way who has the most direct comparison to one of two GOAT) yes he lost his place to GOAT, we didnt anticipate we would buy GOAT so now we have to find a system to use both players effectively not let the future GOAT go. Right now we dont have the personell to do that until we buy couple of qualitymids. To do this we dont have to weaken the team to make it strong in another area, we can let go of couple ofplayers like higuain or sandro etc. (another argument)
Dybala has a place in this team, but not when slow ass khedira or matuidi with his mancave technique is holding the midfield in 4231. .

Kompany as DMF? LOL what can i say this is your capacity...and cut the superior attitude. You are the one trying hard to pass of your opinions as facts so if you don't wana get clowned dont be a clown you assimilated jester.

:sergio: .... all the names i mentioned ...they are forced to their new roles even they were excellent in their previous ones ..due to the team needs ...
I could mention Pirlo but i didn't because he started as trequartista but then Carlo Ancelotti invented new role to him which a deep-lying play maker ..am not talking about those changes ....am talking about excelling in both and forced to play that for the sake of the team ....

any way my Juve fellas ...am not here to convince any one ...am just sharing my thoughts and want the team i support to be better .....

Ps: Post Ironic come and discuss with us dont hide behind ur dislike button .... something scare you sweeti

Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Dybala invites 'hero' to Juve game
By Football Italia staff

Juventus star Paulo Dybala invited “hero” Rami Shehata to a match after the 13-year-old’s actions saved a bus full of his school friends.
The school bus was hijacked by the driver, who got teachers to tie them up and then set fire to the vehicle in Milan this week.
Although the driver had confiscated all their mobile phones, 13-year-old Rami – the son of Egyptian parents – hid his phone and called for help while pretending to pray out loud.
All the kids were rescued by authorities and the driver arrested.
Spotting in interviews that Rami had a Dybala jersey, the Juventus star called him up and left a voicemail.
“Hello Rami, I am Paulo Dybala and I wanted to say that I heard what you did, you are really a hero. I heard you’ve got my shirt and I’d love to be able to talk to you.
“I’m inviting you to the Stadium to watch a game, whenever you can. I really hope to meet you. You’re a great guy, I send you a big hug.”
Rami has been at the centre of a political row in Italy because it was suggested his heroic actions could earn him Italian citizenship, whereas the 13-year-old pointed out being born and raised in the country should be enough.
Deputy Prime Minister Matteo Salvini of the hard-right anti-immigration Lega Nord party, replied: “In that case, he should try to get elected and change the law.”

Wow. What a prick. A typical xenophobic cunt (looks and acts like one). People like this deserve the 3 step treatment:

1.) Gasoline
2.) Match
3.) You know the drill

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Dybala invites 'hero' to Juve game
By Football Italia staff

Juventus star Paulo Dybala invited “hero” Rami Shehata to a match after the 13-year-old’s actions saved a bus full of his school friends.
The school bus was hijacked by the driver, who got teachers to tie them up and then set fire to the vehicle in Milan this week.
Although the driver had confiscated all their mobile phones, 13-year-old Rami – the son of Egyptian parents – hid his phone and called for help while pretending to pray out loud.
All the kids were rescued by authorities and the driver arrested.
Spotting in interviews that Rami had a Dybala jersey, the Juventus star called him up and left a voicemail.
“Hello Rami, I am Paulo Dybala and I wanted to say that I heard what you did, you are really a hero. I heard you’ve got my shirt and I’d love to be able to talk to you.
“I’m inviting you to the Stadium to watch a game, whenever you can. I really hope to meet you. You’re a great guy, I send you a big hug.”
Rami has been at the centre of a political row in Italy because it was suggested his heroic actions could earn him Italian citizenship, whereas the 13-year-old pointed out being born and raised in the country should be enough.
Deputy Prime Minister Matteo Salvini of the hard-right anti-immigration Lega Nord party, replied: “In that case, he should try to get elected and change the law.”

Wow. What a prick. A typical xenophobic cunt (looks and acts like one). People like this deserve the 3 step treatment:

1.) Gasoline
2.) Match
3.) You know the drill
Oh boy, born and raised and he doesn't have citizenship

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 237)