Paulo Dybala (92 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
What is his position? CF? honestly you think he could've done anything against physical Atleti defense?
He is clearly a CF. To play on the wing against Atletico you literally have to slalom multiple insane defenders. It is never in a million years going to happen. If you play him against Atletico then play him as a false 9 and let him take turns dropping into midfield to shoot from 40 metres or looking for long, dangerous through balls in behind.

Against De Cecco FC in Serie A, fine play him wherever you want.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
He is clearly a CF. To play on the wing against Atletico you literally have to slalom multiple insane defenders. It is never in a million years going to happen. If you play him against Atletico then play him as a false 9 and let him take turns dropping into midfield to shoot from 40 metres or looking for long, dangerous through balls in behind.

Against De Cecco FC in Serie A, fine play him wherever you want.
I thought he was playing behind the attack in possession today. Hard to say since we did not do anything in that area anyway.
My point is, it's true that midfield or AM is not his position, but he's not physical enough to play in the box, and not fast enough to be false 9. Him playing out of position is not the full story.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Either play him as SS or F9 or don't play him at all.

This pseudo-winger, psuedo-AM BS is ridiculous.

Hasn't worked in over a year, but Allegri is still pursuing with this. Isn't just bad for Dybala but makes the whole team unbalanced.

And there are mental imps (same geniuses I usually pick on) who think Dybala-Mandzukic-Ronaldo is our best lineup. Screams unbalanced even on paper.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't complain much before, Allegri usually experiments in first half of the season and that's fine.

But by this time you need to be able to come up with a proper lineup and stick with it, not find out you were wrong (about something fairly obvious to an amateur/fan like me) in the biggest game of the season.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
I have never been a fan of him and I really don’t think he has what it takes to be wc.

But either play him upfront or don’t play him at all. If we stick with the same tactics it’s better to sell him anyways, regardless of how u rate him

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What is his position? CF? honestly you think he could've done anything against physical Atleti defense?
If you have a 120m dollar attacker that can't play against physical teams he has no business being either in the lineup or in this club.

He isn't big. He isn't strong. And he sure as hell isn't fast.

What.Is.The.Point.

- - - Updated - - -

Either we bring Zizou and let him try to get something more out of this guy or Max stays and we sell.

Club needs to figure this shit out yesterday.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
If you have a 120m dollar attacker that can't play against physical teams he has no business being either in the lineup or in this club.
The lack of chemistry between the players is a far bigger problem. Bentancur and De Sciglio never passed the ball forward to Dybala once even when they had space and time. Sandro never played a single cutback to Dybala at the edge of the box when he had space and time.

If you have Jordi Alba instead of Sandro, or Modric instead of Bentancur, Dybala would have been a lot more involved in today’s game. He might not have had a good game, but at least he’d be involved.

Instead he’s a forward that picks up the ball around the halfway line, because why? We are a badly coached team with a rubbish midfield.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The lack of chemistry between the players is a far bigger problem
I don't even need to finish reading your post. Here is the solution, its really quite simple.

Max, pick a starting 11 that is strong and stick to it bar injuries, of course. Stop chopping and changing.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Max, pick a starting 11 that is strong and stick to it bar injuries, of course. Stop chopping and changing.
Alex Sandro and Dybala have been playing together for four years now and they still have zero chemistry together. Sandro never notices Dybala’s pull-backs at the edge of the box.

This is not just a case of personnel, the problem goes deeper than that. I have no idea what we are even doing in training.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Alex Sandro and Dybala have been playing together for four years now and they still have zero chemistry together. Sandro never notices Dybala at the edge of the box.

This is not just a case of personnel, the problem goes deeper than that. I have no idea what we are even doing in training.
Sandro has some serious issues. Holy shit.

Two things he has to do:

1.) Most obvious. Defend.

2.) Get the fucking ball to the box and whip in service to the strikers. I think I recall one cross to Mario. That's it from today.

Would rather Spinnazzola at this point at least he looks dangerous now going forward and he had a knee go Crack too.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't even need to finish reading your post. Here is the solution, its really quite simple.

There is nothing wrong in chopping and changing at the beginning of the season to familiarize the team with different line-ups and tactics. But what Allegri has done this season is that he changed players in the same fucking dysfunctioning formation over and over again. We crashed out of Coppa Italia and we did not learn from it.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
There is nothing wrong in chopping and changing at the beginning of the season to familiarize the team with different line-ups and tactics. But what Allegri has done this season is that he changed players in the same fucking dysfunctioning formation over and over again. We crashed out of Coppa Italia and we did not learn from it.
It’s almost March.

Works in Italy because in paper we are years ahead of other teams. Not in CL though. Need to play your best players

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot we got knocked out of Coppa :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 87)