Paulo Dybala (153 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Was he? Didn't win Serie A footballer of the year at all. Won the newer format MVP award once.

Camo played in a stronger Serie A. Different position. Seems a weird comparison anyway.

Its weird comparison buts not even a true contest tho, because the expectations on both were vastly different. Dybala allways had the pressure of being the Del Piero of the team, the big star that carries the attack in scoring and creativity, was allways the case when healtby except for the brief time he spent with CR7.

And despite ending things lukewarm with injuries, was a key player for most of his tenure with 115 goals and plenty of chance creation. I think the way things ended have too many of you completely forgetting what a wonderful player he was initially. Defenitely better then Camo for me, and I was a big Camo fan.

Camoranesi was not as talented as Dybala, but its very true he played in tougher league ans got more out of his capabilities. Because besides being a baller he was a true grit warrior (mini Tevez in that regard).

But he was also like the 4-6th best player in the team most years (Ale, Trez, Pavel, Gigi and at rare times whoever the best defender was) and faced much less scrutiny and pressure due to it.

There's a difference to being the complimentary star that's lower in the hierarchy, to being a bigger star that's expext to carry the team.

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Camoranesi is a Juve legend, no way it can even be debated, who cares if he wasnt quite on the same level as Nedved, Del Piero or Buffon? He was still an absolutely class player that had a legendary career here. I'll forever be proud and thankful to the big 5 that went to B.
Camo is a fokin' legend. Anyone who debates it is either a fake fan or was born too late to understand.

There's zero question Camoranesi is a Juve legend. Whoever questioned that can't be serious.

I'm talking about pure player peak quality/ability, and in comparison to Dybala since someone compared them.

And I couldn't care less where someone is placed in some forum anyways. Dybala is a Juve icon and legend for me too. Without any doubt.

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
Camo is a fokin' legend. Anyone who debates it is either a fake fan or was born too late to understand.
I agree, I think that’s what’s happening here. We’re reaching a point and time here were there is a younger fan base coming in. Who were either too young at the time to know better or weren’t around at all. Also a little depressing reminding of us how old we are now getting lol.

Aug 2, 2005
I agree, I think that’s what’s happening here. We’re reaching a point and time here were there is a younger fan base coming in. Who were either too young at the time to know better or weren’t around at all. Also a little depressing reminding of us how old we are now getting lol.
That is a nice problem to have

I hope we face many of those "new young fan base" issues here

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Two very different players, even if we disregard history and everything. They have very little in common and moved in different areas of the field in different roles, in different systems and so on. Can't really compare them. At least I find it hard with so few commonalities.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
The only thing I don’t understand is why he’s in rookie when objectively inferior players like Camoranesi and Mandzukic are legends. It’s not like he moved to Inter like Cuadrado (who would have probably also been in the legends section without that move, despite not being half the player Dybala was).
Your (lack of) age is showing my lord

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
There's a difference to being the complimentary star that's lower in the hierarchy, to being a bigger star that's expext to carry the team.
This is why players like Mandzukic and Cuadrado received far more love than Dybala ever did on Tuz, despite being demonstrably worse at football.

People prefer the cult hero personality over the very gifted player who didn’t quite reach the peak he was expected to, even if the peak he did reach was still far beyond what any cult hero could do.

It’s human nature to find the honest, hard working lad far more appealing than the talented one. This is also a very English mentality.

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
What it takes to be (regarded as) a legend is not only what a player does on the pitch, but also off the pitch. We fans just place different weight on each part.

Last edited:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
What it takes to be (regarded as) a legend is not only what a player does on the pitch, but also off the pitch. We fans just place different weight on each part.
no one gives a fuck what players do off the pitch please.

no one cares nedeved cheated on his wife. no one cares buffon cheated on his wife

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Looking back at things now, 4 years without a trophy and probably will take a few more years to win the league again, as someone said the 9 league title winning streak has been taken for granted.

In that respect, it just a bit feels harsh to put Dybala in rookie category whereas Mandzukic gets to be in the legends section.

I'm not even the biggest Dybala fan but he was a protagonist in at least 3 or even 4 of those league title victories.

If Allegro's 'legend' status is undeniable despite being hot garbage for the last three seasons, then there's a claim for Dybala who's won the same amount of league titles as him to be in the same conversation.

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
no one gives a fuck what players do off the pitch please.

no one cares nedeved cheated on his wife. no one cares buffon cheated on his wife
What I mean by off the bitch is not players' private life, but their football-related deeds, esp those that indicate their loyalty to the club or lack of. Camo stayed with the club in Serie B, it elevated him to the legend status, though on the pitch he's never the most talented one, nor the best one.

My bad, should have phrased better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 135)