Paulo Dybala (81 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
injury prone this injury prone that. and what did juve do to show it moved on?

if an injury prone player can outscore the star player of another team what does that show?

if the injury prone player is top 10 all time goal scorer of the club that abandoned him what does that show?

if the injury prone player is deemed too expensive only for the club to go and give same money to another player who played a total of 30 mins in two years what does that show?

listen no one is saying dybala doesn't get injured but FFS i am sick and tired of hearing about how he was ruined and wasn't worth it while the team after dybala is filled with donkeys like milk, kean, pogba, fagioli, de siglio and sandro
Dybala wasn't worth it. Two wrongs don't make a right. He isn't here because he asked for too much money, and then he ended up at an inferior club for less money than he could have had lol. Total fail all around.

Because other moves didn't work it doesn’t mean we made a bad call on that. The Pogba situation makes it worse, but with the best will in the world no-one is predicting what happened to him. He's also not the replacement for Dybala. Chiesa's injuries on the other hand are easy to predict, and the club made decisions knowing his would be a longer recovery. At least Vlahovic finally started showing some form I guess.

I actually thing Dybala is the kind of player who would decide a few more games in this shit Allegri era instead of players we have. When he's fit. And not for 10m per season.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
i am shocked you can say this and not realize how you sound.
There's no scenario where I'm going to agree with paying Dybala 10m. He tried to get this deal at the wrong time, the Paratici halcyon days of spending were coming to an end.

Like I said, we didn't replace Dybala with Pogba or Chiesa so I don't see the relevance. I was as big a critic of Vlahovic as any but I notice he isn't the problem for you anymore, it's a CM who has been banned from football and a recovering winger playing as a striker. Or is it 3 or 4 bench players who combined earn the same as Dybala's fantasy salary? Or Alex Sandro? To me it makes no difference because I would never pay the guy 10m in the current state of Juventus.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
The 10M saved on Dybala was wasted. His replacements are trash and in that context, it would be better to just give him the 10M. Vlahovic aside, our attack is a joke. If you look at what we lost after he left: someone who actually plays SS, links the midfield to striker since we have no creative mids, someone who can score and assist regularly, long distance shots, hold up play, free kicks, and a player who can win a match even if we play crap all game. Chiesa would do it if we're played on the wing, but as a SS, Dybala is miles better.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
For the longest time, a part of me blamed our Trai ners and therapists for his injuries.

Nah.

He just became injury prone. And that is what really sucks in thus case. It wasn't that his skills just suddenly eroded, or he didn't put in the work.

His body just can't handle the week to week grind anymore

- - - Updated - - -

I'll always be a fan though. He brought me out of my seat the way Roby and Alex used to

Honestly I'm not sure he put in the work.

I'm not saying it's always great for football players to bulk up or that some time in the gym can magically make all injuries disappear. But with the recurrent muscle injuries he had, maybe it's something he could have tried. The fact his frame is still that of a 16 year old makes me doubt it's an option he explored.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The 10M saved on Dybala was wasted. His replacements are trash and in that context, it would be better to just give him the 10M. Vlahovic aside, our attack is a joke. If you look at what we lost after he left: someone who actually plays SS, links the midfield to striker since we have no creative mids, someone who can score and assist regularly, long distance shots, hold up play, free kicks, and a player who can win a match even if we play crap all game. Chiesa would do it if we're played on the wing, but as a SS, Dybala is miles better.
Wage structure. Ours has been reducing for some time, he was never going to get it.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Wage structure. Ours has been reducing for some time, he was never going to get it.
I agree there has to be some regulation, but when you look at the overall money wasted like 40M on Kean, it defeats the purpose. We're losing on the field in terms of skill and off the field when we inevitably make a loss on Kean and have to get rid of other players. Dybala might not be worth the 10M, not replacing him is costing us everywhere. It's poor management all round.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
injury prone this injury prone that. and what did juve do to show it moved on?

if an injury prone player can outscore the star player of another team what does that show?

if the injury prone player is top 10 all time goal scorer of the club that abandoned him what does that show?

if the injury prone player is deemed too expensive only for the club to go and give same money to another player who played a total of 30 mins in two years what does that show?

listen no one is saying dybala doesn't get injured but FFS i am sick and tired of hearing about how he was ruined and wasn't worth it while the team after dybala is filled with donkeys like milk, kean, pogba, fagioli, de siglio and sandro

Perfectly put Lion.

I allways said that although I understand some of the factors that may lead to fans thinking we should move on from a (star) player. Allways ask yourselves, what is the track record of this club in terms of replacing them?

Its fucking dire. Either dont replace them at all, or replace them with short gap ancient players (Di Maria), or lesser quality ones who have the same issues for why we got rid of the player.

Its why I am adamantly against selling Chiesa too quickly either, rather be as patient as possible. Because we know our track record of replacing such players. It fucking sucks.

Like give him competition for spots but not give up too soon.

Last edited:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Perfectly put Lion.

I allways said that although I understand some of the factors that may lead to fans thinking we should move on from a (star) player. Allways ask yourselves, what is the track record of this club in terms of replacing them?

Its fucking dire. Either dont replace them at all, or replace them with short gap ancient players (Di Maria), or lesser quality ones who have the same issues for why he got rid of the player.

Its why I am adamantly against selling Chiesa too quickly either, rather be as patient as possible. Because we know our track record or replacing such players. It fucking sucks.

Like give him competition for spots but not give up too soon.
the baffling part is how fans here acting. some here say it's good riddance whenever he gets injured for roma and pat themselves on the back that he is gone. like if no one knew better you would think the club replaced dybala with salah based on how fans acting.

last season he outscored milik and kean and out assited both. and he only played 2 matches less than them (40 for both players vs 38 for dybala)

he also out scored and assisted more than di maria (also 40 appreances)

so that supports your point that the club has not replaced him properly. that also contines into this season again.

10m per year for dybala is a bargain considering what he gives and fact that both kean and milik and di maria have been bad.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
dybala scored a beautiful free kick. also assisted lukaku.

4 goals in a week. what has chiesa done? oh yeah he scored vs milan once 4 seasons ago hehe

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
He's playing at the level/club he's suited for. Good for him. And good for Jj not to overpay another glass player under a sub-par coach in a shit squad.

I guess Antun did right for his client... :lol3:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
He's playing at the level/club he's suited for. Good for him. And good for Jj not to overpay another glass player under a sub-par coach in a shit squad.

I guess Antun did right for his client... :lol3:

he's top 10 goal scorer of all time for juve. top 10. not top 20. not top 30. top 10. ahead of platini.

so if he is top 10 scorer of all time for juve, it means one of two things must be true:

1-juve is a shit club that such a player that people say "good riddance" to can make it to top 10 of all time scorers

2-juve is not a shit club and he accomplished amazing stats and he is worthy of keeping in squad.

so are you saying juve is a shit club or is it not a shit club. i am not talking about current club situation. i am talking about the club overall. do you admit juventus is shit or not

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's quite a specific time frame. He's played in Serie A for all that time I guess, always helps. Others who have include Berardi, Cuadrado, Candreva and the like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)