Paulo Dybala (97 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I just saw that we will probably use a 3-4-1-1 formation...

How ironic would be that this is true and we end up using a formation where a player like Dybala would have been perfect :p
We would have been happy to resign Dybala, we didn't force him out. He insisted on wages that were unrealistic and unjustifiable. If he'd been honest with us that he'd gladly sign a contract for 3m salary he'd still be here.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
He was good, could have been sharper in the final 3rd but still linked u well with his teammates, pressed relentlessly and won the ball back numerous times. Once the Roma attack is sharper in their finishing/ final ball that will be quite a team

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
He was good, could have been sharper in the final 3rd but still linked u well with his teammates, pressed relentlessly and won the ball back numerous times. Once the Roma attack is sharper in their finishing/ final ball that will be quite a team
Once the Roma attack gets sharper he will get injured, also I wonder how long will it take for him to stop that pressing, because for us he only done it when his future was in doubt.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
We would have been happy to resign Dybala, we didn't force him out. He insisted on wages that were unrealistic and unjustifiable. If he'd been honest with us that he'd gladly sign a contract for 3m salary he'd still be here.
Agree completely but think Juve at the beginning would have signed him for at least 6M. Dybala lost out on money, CL action, and being Captain of the premier Italia club. Watched part of match and indeed he played well and unfortunate didn't score. If he stays healthy looks to be an important part of a club that should make CL next year.

Never looking back at all about him going but you think maybe this move matured him a bit and came back down to earth about his own worth/importance? I mean teams with plenty of $$$ in the ELP and top ones in Spain didn't offer him anything it appears. And he was on a free.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Depay for dybala is multiple downgrade. Better find another ss, maybe next summer joao felix.
You do realize that depay is a left winger whole dybala is a second striker.
You can hardly compare the two.
For example Allegri tried dybala as a right winger all year before he left in 2019 and dybala was pretty ineffectual in that position.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
For example Allegri tried dybala as a right winger all year before he left in 2019 and dybala was pretty ineffectual in that position.
Thats not a tough comparison actually as Depay is coming from the left and also plays as a forward from time to time while Dybala was played at the right and center.
Dybala is definitely a better player but he has lots of on and offs.
I watched Depay a long time ago and he is more stable IMO but also less talented.

I have regrets about losing him when he signed a 3.5M contract with Roma as he could have been a vice Vlahovic although with difference qualities or even play along him as a second striker.

Anyway we are after that and the only reason to be against Depay in our current situation is his attitude.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
This guy, although a great player, was never a tactical fit for us. He was never *quite* good enough to build a system around, either. It's a bit of a shame in a way.

The way Roma look to be set up is ideal for him, I think he'll play his best football yet there.

ZultanIbra

Sep 7, 2021
Ehh, if we choose to deploy 3511, then dybala and depay is comparable, both is roaming behind st whole career.

venus_isle

Sep 23, 2010
I love dybala but im just happy to never rely on him anymore cause i never know when is he gonna show up in game or not even when hes healthy but.. of course, especially the last few years.

It was time for him to go, the club cant be built around someone whos not reliable and consistent. Its for the best

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
I love dybala but im just happy to never rely on him anymore cause i never know when is he gonna show up in game or not even when hes healthy but.. of course, especially the last few years.

It was time for him to go, the club cant be built around someone whos not reliable and consistent. Its for the best
Instead we got Pogba who... "never know when is he gonna show up in game or not even when hes healthy but.. of course, especially the last few years"

o_O:p;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 64)