Paulo Dybala (106 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
the season before, first 15 matches: 12 goals + 3 assists. he's nowhere near that form (yet), he's still unplayable this year. his approach clearly changed.
He’s no longer the primary goalscorer of this team, his main purpose is to provide service for Ronaldo.

But I do remember how Dybala was in PlayStation mode at the start of the 2017/18 season. Everything he touched turned to gold.

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
He’s no longer the primary goalscorer of this team, his main purpose is to provide service for Ronaldo.
oh, is it? then does those 3 assists he provided to cr in all competitions even qualify for an okay job so far?

i believe that dybala is a lot more to this team than someone whose primary task is to provide service for ronaldo. as his latest performances show, he can manage to make the difference on his own too.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
It was clear like sky, Dybala was useless player last season .... and array of games performed low and array of games performed high ...in the previous ones...

Maybe tactics were the reason but have doubts as he adapted well this term

Maybe he needed to peak but actually he didnt last season ...

Maybe he needed a weakup call to man up and take the inner beast out ....

But luckily he stayed and did well ... hope he continue like this ...

Same goes to Higgy ... no one expected this performance and i think this is his last good one
He is better this season but he was never useless. People acting like he was Bernardeschi are talking out of their asses.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
He is better this season but he was never useless. People acting like he was Bernardeschi are talking out of their asses.
Its not out from my ass

Its your brain farts make your memory short to remember ....

Load of criticism last year and almost he is not suitable to play in any front position in the team + nothing else he was doing except falling down like a girl....

If your brain still farting yet, i recommend you, to click back this topic and check ....

Im surprised how did he changed, but i consider it as more like a wakup call ... we can use him now in many positions , he is able to adapt and accepting challenge.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

But I do remember how Dybala was in PlayStation mode at the start of the 2017/18 season. Everything he touched turned to gold.
Rubbish, the top part. Allegri tried to have him play a more creative, assist man role last year and it didn’t work. Was a big reason for our attack sputtering in the second half of the season.

Sarri, has rightly returned him to a more goalscoring role where he can better thrive... And hopefully chip in with the occasional assist like earlier in his Juve career.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Sarri, has rightly returned him to a more goalscoring role where he can better thrive... And hopefully chip in with the occasional assist like earlier in his Juve career.
Sarri is making a lot of people improve. Doesn't make him a better coach than Max, but I do think new ideas and a change were needed. Players are playing well above their levels from last year.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
This could all just boil down to a simple role reversal over who gets to play with more of a free role on the pitch this year.

last year, Ronaldo got to go wherever he wanted, whenever he wanted.

This year, CR7 is more effective when given a defined role. It looks as if Sarri has given the free role position to Dybala.

Of course, I am probably wrong.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Sarri is making a lot of people improve. Doesn't make him a better coach than Max, but I do think new ideas and a change were needed. Players are playing well above their levels from last year.
5 years is a long time, and players lost motivation, became frustrated with roles, and regressed last year. Happens to the best.

A complete change of style and gameplay helps renew motivations and gives a new challenge.

Dybala, Sandro, Bonucci are the main ones with big improvements over poor form last year. Pjanic too, if he gets back to his early season form of this year (he’s been quite poor since his little injury). Bentancur is improving by leaps and bounds, but that’s kind of to be expected of a high potential young one as he edges towards his prime. Costa was never fit for more than a couple matches last year, so hard to say with him. He’s not reached his 17-18 heights because of injury again this year, but has looked pretty darn good. Higgy playing similar to 17-18, and Ronaldo playing similar level now to last year. Bernadeschi has fallen off a cliff.

Anyways, happiest about Dybala, because we needed his return to form most of all.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
5 years is a long time, and players lost motivation, became frustrated with roles, and regressed last year. Happens to the best.

A complete change of style and gameplay helps renew motivations and gives a new challenge.

Dybala, Sandro, Bonucci are the main ones with big improvements over poor form last year. Pjanic too, if he gets back to his early season form of this year (he’s been quite poor since his little injury). Bentancur is improving by leaps and bounds, but that’s kind of to be expected of a high potential young one as he edges towards his prime. Costa was never fit for more than a couple matches last year, so hard to say with him. He’s not reached his 17-18 heights because of injury. Higgy playing similar to 17-18, and Ronaldo playing similar level now to last year. Bernadeschi has fallen off a cliff.

Anyways, happiest about Dybala, because we needed his return to form most of all.
100%, well said.

Per Pjanic, he played a lot so a rest likely would do him good.

- - - Updated - - -

This could all just boil down to a simple role reversal over who gets to play with more of a free role on the pitch this year.

last year, Ronaldo got to go wherever he wanted, whenever he wanted.

This year, CR7 is more effective when given a defined role. It looks as if Sarri has given the free role position to Dybala.

Personally I think he has given more freedom to both of them. If anyone has a more distinguished role its Higuain who both feed off him as he receives the ball centrally.

Last edited:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Unlike last season he is giving his 100% again and it reflects on his game, team's fluidity of play and results. He is more involved in build up, position behind a striker and coming in from the deep, often starting our counter attacks, suits him. I see glimpses of 2016/17 Dybala. Keep it up :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 79)