Paulo Dybala (83 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I am not against selling the likes of Higuain or Mandzukic, or even Kean and Dybala if that means we get an in and out top striker (or midfielder) to accommodate Ronaldo, but the players we are pursuing aren't better than the players we currently have. I would even argue otherwise. It's such an annoying situation we find ourselves in right now. We are literally 1, maybe 2 signings away from having the best squad in Europe but all we seem to do with these weird transfers is weakening ourselves. Dybala is one of the players I was expecting to benefit greatly from Sarri. I am sure he will find a way to partner him with Ronaldo upfront, and if this would work out, we would potentially have one of the strongest partnerships in Europe.

The move just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Not sure what Management is after - is it marketability, quality, a plus valenza? The club thinks it has Champions League winning spending behavior, but unfortunately, their incompetence will only cost us (in Europe), just as it did last season.
I'm pretty sure we could have won the CL comfortably if management gave Allegri what he needed, midfield reinforcement and better depth in defense.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Honestly, I dont care much for Kean. Player with good potential and useful player concerning CL homegrown quota but I have my doubts whether he will be more than 10 goals per season striker. He had impressive start here but technically he is limited, which became more and more obvious towards the end of season. I guess Im no fan of players with their heads down that have to look at the ball whenever in possession, instead of having a good feeling where the ball is. This is also a reason why I am against Lukaku, but this will be far bigger mistake as we will be swapping technical player for cumbersone one. Even the most casual observer could have noticed why Juventus struggles in Europe and this isnt because we need big and strong forwards to head the ball in, especially since neither of our FBs or wingers can cross that well to make use of Mario's or Ronaldo's air dominance. They all like to cut in, as opposed to hugging the touchline. Cancelo might even be the best crosser, but hes on his way out. We still lack midfielder in the mould of Vidal, Pogba, etc... Players good under pressure that can play both ways, like having ball at their feet, so another summer is going by and we arent fixing this glaring weakness...

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Honestly, I dont care much for Kean. Player with good potential and useful player concerning CL homegrown quota but I have my doubts whether he will be more than 10 goals per season striker. He had impressive start here but technically he is limited, which became more and more obvious towards the end of season. I guess Im no fan of players with their heads down that have to look at the ball whenever in possession, instead of having a good feeling where the ball is. This is also a reason why I am against Lukaku, but this will be far bigger mistake as we will be swapping technical player for cumbersone one. Even the most casual observer could have noticed why Juventus struggles in Europe and this isnt because we need big and strong forwards to head the ball in, especially since neither of our FBs or wingers can cross that well to make use of Mario's or Ronaldo's air dominance. They all like to cut in, as opposed to hugging the touchline. Cancelo might even be the best crosser, but hes on his way out. We still lack midfielder in the mould of Vidal, Pogba, etc... Players good under pressure that can play both ways, like having ball at their feet, so another summer is going by and we arent fixing this glaring weakness...
Great post. Not many people see Kean's glaring limitations. Paulo Dybala will be much bigger loss for sure. If we do not sell him, but get rid of Mandzu and add super player in our midfield, I will be much more optimistic for the season. But now...

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Dude. He only played 600 minutes total last season and scored 7 goals... as a 19 year old... and you doubt he will be more than 10 goals per season striker? How does that make sense?

While I agree that there is a good chance he may not turn into a superstar (as with the vast majority of high potential youngsters), he's clearly got a lot of potential for far more than 10 goals/season.

- - - Updated - - -

If we sell Dybala for Lukaku or Icardi... :inter:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Vomit. I don't want to sell him but if we do cash only please. I hate Pogba but anything is better than Lukaku.

Imagine our strikers next season are Ronaldo, Lukaku, Higgy/Manbro

Apr 19, 2007
If this swap goes thru it tells us this:
-Management doesn't give two fucks on what the coach wants/needs-
-Management main concern is brand power and profit
-Management is trying to maintain a plus valenza selling philosophy all while trying to win as much as possible (thank God they are in Italy)
-Juventus is a selling club.
Not sure any of that is true but I dont necessarily like it either

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 63)