Paulo Dybala (108 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Because that is the only role that suit Dybala characteristic (high speed drible, creating space for others, support in build up play) and Sarri system , but he will mainly operating in the right side of the field

If he can improving his support in the play, we will see more assist from him.
His only weakness is he sometimes look not really strong/tough in challenge, but he can compensate more with his overall speed
Dybala's main characteristic is he's deadly in the box, give him a 1v1 with a defender on the edge of the box and he'll find space to dink it into the net falling onto his ass in the process

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Dybala belongs to the middle of the pitch tbh. He can drift to the wing from time to time but he doesn't have the pace not acceleration to do anything from the wing (anything other than a cross). Also, the close to the box, the better. He's nothing like Insigne in my book.

Soloist

Feb 2, 2019
Either we keep him hoping he can bring back very good performance or sell and buy Icardi instead.We can't play all the season with only one player able to score consistently, no matter how good he's.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Either we keep him hoping he can bring back very good performance or sell and buy Icardi instead.We can't play all the season with only one player able to score consistently, no matter how good he's.
Icardi is a weird idea. He's a finisher, hardly capable of bringing in others into play like Mandzukic does. We've got Ronaldo. Why would we need Icardi then?

Soloist

Feb 2, 2019
Icardi is a weird idea. He's a finisher, hardly capable of bringing in others into play like Mandzukic does. We've got Ronaldo. Why would we need Icardi then?
I agree with your point i'm not convinced too, but we need another guy other than Cr7 who is able to score easily, if not Dybala then Icardi who is the occasion of this summer.
While Icardi-Ronaldo may have some problems coexisting, Dybala hasn't a place in a 3 attack and we already know this, but i still much rather those 2 options than Chiesa-Ronaldo-Costa that may be cool tactically speaking but very poor score-wise.
Bernardeschi, Mandzu, Cuadrado and Costa have very little numbers, only Ronaldo is reliable and as much as i'd love to see Dybala become a Juve legend it's either keep him and bring back the deadly striker he was once, or if they don't believe in him anymore, sell and buy Icardi.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
If someone was willing to offer EU100m for Dybala I would be tempted to take it. He is a good player but he is not in the same league as players like Salah, Hazard, Griezzman in my mind. He is too left footed to play on the wing. His best position in my view is support striker and is most dangerous on the edge of the box. He was not able to play like that under Allegri last season. He played his best games when he was playing of Mandzukic who was in a more central role (before the arrival of Higuain).

I would love to be wrong about him but he seems to go missing in big games too.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If someone was willing to offer EU100m for Dybala I would be tempted to take it. He is a good player but he is not in the same league as players like Salah, Hazard, Griezzman in my mind. He is too left footed to play on the wing. His best position in my view is support striker and is most dangerous on the edge of the box. He was not able to play like that under Allegri last season. He played his best games when he was playing of Mandzukic who was in a more central role (before the arrival of Higuain).

:tup:

well said

Strickland

May 17, 2019

yup, 100m would be a very good offer. however, his value after the season he had is at an all time low and we'd never get an offer that's fair this summer.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Because that is the only role that suit Dybala characteristic (high speed drible, creating space for others, support in build up play) and Sarri system , but he will mainly operating in the right side of the field

If he can improving his support in the play, we will see more assist from him.
His only weakness is he sometimes look not really strong/tough in challenge, but he can compensate more with his overall speed
False and we've already seen him on the right so no thanks the obvious role for Dybala in Sarriball is Mertens role of CF.

- - - Updated - - -

Why does everyone think he is fast?, to me he isn't quick at all, add to that his poor first touch i don't see him fitting in, if Sarri plays a 4-3-1-2 i can see him with Ronaldo up front 100%, but for a 4-3-3 no way, an average winger > Dybala out of position on the wing
because he's scrawny.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I agree with your point i'm not convinced too, but we need another guy other than Cr7 who is able to score easily, if not Dybala then Icardi who is the occasion of this summer.
While Icardi-Ronaldo may have some problems coexisting, Dybala hasn't a place in a 3 attack and we already know this, but i still much rather those 2 options than Chiesa-Ronaldo-Costa that may be cool tactically speaking but very poor score-wise.
Bernardeschi, Mandzu, Cuadrado and Costa have very little numbers, only Ronaldo is reliable and as much as i'd love to see Dybala become a Juve legend it's either keep him and bring back the deadly striker he was once, or if they don't believe in him anymore, sell and buy Icardi.
Apart from cr7, the only player who showed a good goalscoring average per minute was Kean. Give the man the minutes and he will deliver

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011

Agreed. In modern football, he fits perfectly only in the supporting central striker role of a 352. Actually, I'd be tempted to do it, with monsters like De Ligt and Chiellini, plus Can's apparent ability to be a RCB, also with Cancelo who would be a perfect WRB, and 2 new box to box players in Ramsey and Rabiot...

Apart from that, his last hope is a CF of false CF. But the movement with Ronaldo wouldn't be optimal, as Dybala simply can't play at the left side. But it's undoubtely worth a try before definitely giving up on him.

Let's hope he turns it around. I wouldn't bet against it.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Out of every player ever, Dybala is the most difficult player for me to decide what position best suits him. I really, really dont know what Sarri is planning for Dybala and how he will implement him in his plans. Dybala has no pace, so he cant be a winger, has no strength so he is constantly muscled out by oposition defenders. Dybala is the only player that gives me an uncomfortable feeling.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Check it in another way, how many goals has Dybala scored since mid 2017-2018 season and previous to that how many were assisted or pre-assisted by Cuadrado during the time?
2017/18 was Dybala's best goalscoring season with 26 goals.

Out of Dybala's 26 goals in this video, I see 2 assists from Cuadrado (9 and 22)

The players who linked up best with Dybala appear to be Higuain and Pjanic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 78)