Paul Pogba (81 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
:tup:

I usually get sad when I see news that somebody tore ACL or suffered some big/career devastating injury, even if that's a rival club or a player that annoys the shit out of me. However, in this case, I'm glad Pogba gets fucked. Simply disgusting.

It is exhausting to see these people earn millions and put in no work at all. I can understand dips in form. Players are human beings too and no one is perfect 100% of the time. But Pogba didn't even care enough to do the most basic of things right. Some of these guys have no idea of how privileged they really are. Or better said, they lost sight of that privilege a long time ago.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It is exhausting to see these people earn millions and put in no work at all. I can understand dips in form. Players are human beings too and no one is perfect 100% of the time. But Pogba didn't even care enough to do the most basic of things right. Some of these guys have no idea of how privileged they really are. Or better said, they lost sight of that privilege a long time ago.
Quite scary how fast they forget the poverty they came from. If not poverty then surely a below average or average life.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
How many matches did he play? Any risk of us losing points?
Don't ask @suligodsilla, @Prototype, @venus_isle, @4ndr3i, @Sjaban, @campionesidd, @Gigiventus or @kappa96 how they voted in the poll

:barza:

- - - Updated - - -

As the Tuz lawyer, can you confirm whether you think we have any grounds to sue him to recoup the wages paid? Considering he was doping do we have a case at all?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Don't ask @suligodsilla, @Prototype, @venus_isle, @4ndr3i, @Sjaban, @campionesidd, @Gigiventus or @kappa96 how they voted in the poll

:barza:

- - - Updated - - -

As the Tuz lawyer, can you confirm whether you think we have any grounds to sue him to recoup the wages paid? Considering he was doping do we have a case at all?
Probably not. It seems to be an isolated doping incident and at the time those wages were paid, he wasn't doping. Of course there are all sorts of terms and conditions possible (if allowed by Italian law). For example you could have a penalty for bringing the club into direspute.

It would seem likely that both parties simply agree to dissolve the contract. Which would mean Pogba won't make a case about any possible future wages and Juventus won't make a case about wages paid.

Prototype

Oct 22, 2009

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I will be shocked if we're allowed to terminate
seven explained it all, just a tiny remark: fifa allows clubs to terminate contracts with just cause. this is it, this is just cause. btw it has been already confirmed by journos that in case of a ban, not only we have the right to, but we'll also terminate the contract.

pogba can of course follow his own legal path and sue the antidoping agency that will ban him. if he wins, then he'll have a right for a compensation. not from juve though, that would be on the agency. at least that's what i've gathered from the articles on the palomino case (which is btw completely different, palomino's sample was contaminated, which isn't the case with pogba, he allegedly admitted the use of the banned substance, end of the story)

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Probably not. It seems to be an isolated doping incident and at the time those wages were paid, he wasn't doping. Of course there are all sorts of terms and conditions possible (if allowed by Italian law). For example you could have a penalty for bringing the club into direspute.
Didn’t Chelsea sue Mutu for something similar?

Hunchback

May 10, 2023
This blow surely represents the end of his career.

A sad end, I must say. Pogba felt pressured to return back to form, hence the substance use. Many players do it in those circumstances, make no mistake, but he was unfortunate to have gotten caught.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
this is absolutely great karma for juve.

the whole thing from signing him so he can't play to gving him number 10 to this.

juve deserves it how hypocritically it dealt with it.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
seven explained it all, just a tiny remark: fifa allows clubs to terminate contracts with just cause. this is it, this is just cause. btw it has been already confirmed by journos that in case of a ban, not only we have the right to, but we'll also terminate the contract.

pogba can of course follow his own legal path and sue the antidoping agency that will ban him. if he wins, then he'll have a right for a compensation. not from juve though, that would be on the agency. at least that's what i've gathered from the articles on the palomino case (which is btw completely different, palomino's sample was contaminated, which isn't the case with pogba, he allegedly admitted the use of the banned substance, end of the story)
Think of the break we'd be getting if we can terminate Pogba. Would they really allow it is the question. What kind of debt would we owe them :howler:

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
I was massively critical of his return, but I always hoped deep down, despite the injuries, that a 2015 Pogba was somewhere in there, waiting to be re-kindled. Can't say I'm not saddened to see him go, regardless of whether the transfer made sense to begin with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)