Paul Pogba (92 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
:D

But seriously, if Pep is the coach your attack is good, even if you dont replace Dybala with anyone one for one. He doesent use targetmen, so Mandzu gone. Ronaldo/Kean is your striker with 2 wings (Costa, Berna, Cuads, Chiesa?, Zaniolo?, Felix?) and 3 technical mids behind them. This still leaves no place for Dybala, who id sacrifice for Pogba regardless of coach (wont happen sadly, their transfer values are far apart), so even though hes a player that would suit Peps tactics in theory, he has no place in the starting XI considering it would be 4-5-Ronaldo. Now someone like Sarri would use 3 strikers so Dybala would play alongside CR and another forward, but hopefully we stay away. Imo, whoever the coach is, Dybala is either gonna be missused or benched, since the real problem imo is his incompatibility as a score 1st SS/false9 with Ronaldo
You're right but there are a lot of ifs in here...

First: is Pep as the coach. I'd love to have him here and he's definitely #1 for me but he'll be very difficult to get.
Second: You assume that Pep would consider Kean good enough to be CR7 understudy. I could live with that and so you could but I'm not sure if Pep was happy with that
Third: Pep also likes to play with two forwards upfront. On paper Dybala and CR7 are a good pairing for a forward line.

On the other hand we definitely need more a Pogba than a Dybala. It's due to our midfield being that poor though.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
When Guardiola was Barca manager, he played Messi as false 9 alongside Villa. When Pep managed Bayern, he played Muller and Lewandowski together, with Robbery on the wings. I don’t see why he can’t play Ronaldo and Dybala together.

You keep saying that Ronaldo is not an ideal winger for Guardiola, yet Pep plays Sterling in a very similar role to how Ronaldo has played since 2013. Sterling is not a traditional winger, he’s an inside forward.

Anyway, I think that Pep would like Dybala, he liked Villa and Aguero after all. I think we will see something like this:

Ronaldo - Dybala - Costa
Isco - Pjanic - Ramsey​
You see Dybala put in the work Villa/Muller did? Even if he was willing to, hes too physically fragile to justify playing him next to Ronaldo. And contrary to popular belief, Pep cares about balance, he wont sacrifice a 2 way wing or CM/AM for a low workrate shoot 1st SS

- - - Updated - - -

You're right but there are a lot of ifs in here...

First: is Pep as the coach. I'd love to have him here and he's definitely #1 for me but he'll be very difficult to get.
Second: You assume that Pep would consider Kean good enough to be CR7 understudy. I could live with that and so you could but I'm not sure if Pep was happy with that
Third: Pep also likes to play with two forwards upfront. On paper Dybala and CR7 are a good pairing for a forward line.

On the other hand we definitely need more a Pogba than a Dybala. It's due to our midfield being that poor though.
Yes, Pep is just one of the candidates, forgot to bring up others. Would Conte play Ronaldo-Dybala? Perhaps in a 3421, if he had 2 strong mids. In a 352 i think hed prefer a targetman next to Ronaldo. Inzaghi? So far hes only coached Lazio for a couple of years. He plays Immobile whos an attack the space CF more than a targetman with an AM behind him in Alberto. He had Keita before as well and sometimes Caicedo, so you could say he just worked with what he had. Cant tell you how hed line up with us, if hed try to have the best players out there or try to install a system. Sarri, i believe this dude would play Ronaldo-icardi/Higgy-Dybala in his 433. Miha i have no idea. Pocchettino depends on how he perceives Ronaldo, whether he thinks he works as a lone striker in a 4231 with Dybala as "AM" or that he needs a CF partner

I think he likes promoting young upcoming players, but perhaps hed like a 3rd option besides CR and Kean as well. Dybala technically fits the reserve striker role but id rather cash in than have him as a sub. Guys like Felix and Kean fit more into the timeline of an aging and declining CR while they slowly take the spotlight.

Im not claiming i know what he would do if he came here but based on his work in Bayern and City this is the conclusion i get. On papar thats a Pep attack. But will he sacrifice pace on the wings, a mid or a defender for it?

Last edited:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
You see Dybala put in the work Villa/Muller did? Even if he was willing to, hes too physically fragile to justify playing him next to Ronaldo. And contrary to popular belief, Pep cares about balance, he wont sacrifice a 2 way wing or CM/AM for a low workrate shoot 1st SS
Dybala did a good job marking De Jong out of the Ajax game before he got injured (and coincidentally Ajax dominate the second half). Dybala covers a lot of distance per game. This idea that Dybala is lazy is a complete myth.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Dybala did a good job marking De Jong out of the Ajax game before he got injured (and coincidentally Ajax dominate the second half). Dybala covers a lot of distance per game. This idea that Dybala is lazy is a complete myth.
And got subbed at halftime for being out of gas :baus:

Dybala is nothing else but a striker for Pep. Its his missfortune though that Ronaldo is also one

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Alright, how about the fact that Dybala marked De Jong out of the game before he got injured, and then Ajax destroyed us once Dybala was subbed off due injury. Does that tell you something?
Marked out of the game? For someone who likes calling whatever he disagrees with myths, you sure are quick to call your bs as facts. Dybala was crucial in the build up, thats the big advantage he had over Kean. But on the defensive side, we didnt lose anything with that sub

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Marked out of the game? For someone who likes calling whatever he disagrees with myths, you sure are quick to call your bs as facts. Dybala was crucial in the build up, thats the big advantage he had over Kean. But on the defensive side, we didnt lose anything with that sub
Yes we did. De Jong completely took over the game in the second half. Ajax were carving through us at will.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 88)