Paul Pogba (56 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Yeah I agree. Also, their stats are inflated because of la liga. But Ronaldo's CL track record is still insane.
No doubt. Those two and especially Ronaldo have that marketability factor that Pogba also excels in. Their positions on the pitch also make it possible for them to make quantifiable and countable impact on games. As a midfielder Pogba won't have to hit those kind of numbers to win a BdO because there is a certain amount of respect for the less easily counted contribution which his position implies.

However if Man United build a CL winning team Pogba will be the one winning the Ballon d'Or because he's the star. All the flashy turns and flicks, the record price tag and his screamers will get it for him even if he isn't their best player. Sure he will contribute but he's more of a cherry on top rather than the sponge or even the icing.

Most here would agree that our defenders' ability goes like Barzagli>Bonucci>Chiellini but if you asked an average Joe in London they'd probably say the exact opposite order. I can remember not being able to vote for Barzagli for FIFA TOTY and maybe Bonucci not being there either. Chiellini was there due to his reputation.

...once again I've forgotten my point and how that last part was related. It's been a hard week. Maybe you can find some kind of link in there :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i found out about verratti yesterday by searching for football skills compilations .... true story

- - - Updated - - -

No doubt. Those two and especially Ronaldo have that marketability factor that Pogba also excels in. Their positions on the pitch also make it possible for them to make quantifiable and countable impact on games. As a midfielder Pogba won't have to hit those kind of numbers to win a BdO because there is a certain amount of respect for the less easily counted contribution which his position implies.

However if Man United build a CL winning team Pogba will be the one winning the Ballon d'Or because he's the star. All the flashy turns and flicks, the record price tag and his screamers will get it for him even if he isn't their best player. Sure he will contribute but he's more of a cherry on top rather than the sponge or even the icing.

Most here would agree that our defenders' ability goes like Barzagli>Bonucci>Chiellini but if you asked an average Joe in London they'd probably say the exact opposite order. I can remember not being able to vote for Barzagli for FIFA TOTY and maybe Bonucci not being there either. Chiellini was there due to his reputation.

...once again I've forgotten my point and how that last part was related. It's been a hard week. Maybe you can find some kind of link in there :D
[zizinhu]your point was, that you think barzagli is a better player than pogba, so we all see that you have no clue [/zizinho]

but kidding aside, your point was, that the publics reception about who is a good/valuable player is probably different from somebody that knows about football

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
:agree:

I don't see how anyone can see Pirlo as anything less for his time here.

Vidal is 50/50... I could go either way on him.

Pogba. Not even within a country mile.
He spent a decade at Milan. And then he won four scudetti with Juve. It's tough to consider him a club legend for either club. He's just a legend in his own right.

Yeah, Pogba is a very marketable athlete and you need that to win the Ballon d'Or. If Utd win the league next year and Pogba plays somewhat decent he'll be the hero for sure.
Cristiano has 93 CL goals, and 44 knockout round goals. It's insane.

He also has the second most CL assists of all-time (26), behind only Ryan Giggs (30).
He's so easy to hate and even today I can't say I really like Ronaldo, but there is truly very little keeping him from being greatest of all time. Or at least if you were asked to rationally explain who you'd choose as GOAT, you'd automatically end up with this guy.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Verratti is better but Pogba has a higher ceiling and is a more complete player. Pogba will probably reach a level that Verratti wont be able to reach with his talent.
If he stayed at juventus or team with similar excellent midfield backup, yeah.

he's gonna ruin his career beeing a money dab ho driven by self promotion and cash

I absolutely love on each facebook post he makes, the top rated comment is always the freeway picture, with juve going towards CL and pogba taking the other turn towards money

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
If he stayed at juventus or team with similar excellent midfield backup, yeah.

he's gonna ruin his career beeing a money dab ho driven by self promotion and cash

I absolutely love on each facebook post he makes, the top rated comment is always the freeway picture, with juve going towards CL and pogba taking the other turn towards money
He'll end up just like Zlatan. And for Pogba that's actually a desirable career path.

He'll win a lot of national titles, might even compete for the CL, but will change clubs frequently.

You just know people would get tired of his shit anyway just like Zlatan is a whole lot of fun for three seasons or so.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i think he will end up a little lower than zlatan if only for the fact that zlatan seems more like a professional caring for performing first and not instagram/tweeting whatever. i think he is a pretty private person

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
He'll end up just like Zlatan. And for Pogba that's actually a desirable career path.

He'll win a lot of national titles, might even compete for the CL, but will change clubs frequently.

You just know people would get tired of his shit anyway just like Zlatan is a whole lot of fun for three seasons or so.

He's the new David Beckham.

Beckham was absolutely perfect at United. Then the united posterboy went to real madrid. Who just sold makelele so had no cdm, short forwards and far to much unbalance in the midfield.

Pogba went from extremely well suited juve to United who doesnt have a midfield.

All he now needs to do is put his cock in a celebrity. Why not Kim Kardashian

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
i found out about verratti yesterday by searching for football skills compilations .... true story

- - - Updated - - -

[zizinhu]your point was, that you think barzagli is a better player than pogba, so we all see that you have no clue [/zizinho]

but kidding aside, your point was, that the publics reception about who is a good/valuable player is probably different from somebody that knows about football
Yes indeed and I couldn't have ever condensed it into so few words, thanks :)

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
He's the new David Beckham.

Beckham was absolutely perfect at United. Then the united posterboy went to real madrid. Who just sold makelele so had no cdm, short forwards and far to much unbalance in the midfield.

Pogba went from extremely well suited juve to United who doesnt have a midfield.

All he now needs to do is put his $#@! in a celebrity. Why not Kim Kardashian
(23)UTD> (26)REAL > (31)PSG

cool story bro!

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Obviously they are on similar level. Pogba has times in a perfectly functionning team where he'll rise above, as PI said. Verratti makes his team function perfectly all season round. Just Imagine him with excellent players to boost.

Again, you are focussing on "but mane, pogba is so insane crazy good, here are some stats in a game where someone else carried the midfield and he was decisive"

thanks. Thanks for proving my point right there mate :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

I know you were a huge fan of Pogba from day 1 and have been trashing Marchisio extensively, but you need to get down to earth on this one.

And get a diary, so you can remember your hurtfull feelings when he was dogshit for the first half of the season twice.
you seem to think that Pogba only plays good in a perfectly functional midfield, even though you saw a number of games even last season where he was perfectly fine playing in a midfield that has neither Marchisio or Khedira in it. go ahead, check those games and then say to me again how he sucks if he doesent have 2 WC midfielders next to him, because the only one you will be lying to is yourself. when you take off your pink glasses and see the situation as it actually was, you notice a few things.
- Pogba was out of form since his injury late February that saw his performances drop even the season before when we had Pirlo, Marchisio, Vidal next to him. so he did actually have a period where his form dropped, as you have been saying numerous times back then. which you "forget" now
- Pogba only really sucked for 2 games, the rest he wasnt on his usual level but wasnt terribad, both were with Padoin as regista, which was by far Allegris biggest mistake in his time here. and honestly, if you expect anyone to pull WC performances next to a fullback playing the distributor role then think again. an out of form Pogba had to do it all, drop back to distribute the ball as well as be decisive in the final 3rd, which he couldnt do. unless you would have cloned him that was impossible, especially vs Roma since its so easy to defend when you know exactly that you have to really close down just one mid. as soon as Allegri put Hernanes into the starting 11 his level improved. later Marchisio returned and Pogba started regaining form which saw him finish the season in brilliant form, which he kept even when Marchisio got injured which again proves that he can play on a high level without "Marchisio babysitting him". we also played better vs Bayern without Marchisio than without him, so that much for him being much more important for us
- we not only had 10 (few of which arrived very late into the mercato and 4 of which were later starters) new players and lost 3 key ones entering the season, we also had bunch of injuries. Licht, Morata, Barzagli, Marchisio, Khedira, Pereyra, Asamoah... all of which suffered injuries at different times during the opening months. and not only that, we struggled to find the right formation too. from 4312 until Pereyra got injured, to 442, to lopsided 433, to 352 again once Licht returned. in short, it was a complete mess which was shown in the results in the opening months.

about Verratti i wont say much as i already pointed out that PSG completely outplayed CIty even without him, so that much for his importance to make his team function

- - - Updated - - -

#1) This admiration is not "sudden". A lot of us have been fans of his since his days at Pescara while we were following Ciro Immobile's exploits

#2) No one is expecting him to come to Juventus. That ship sailed 4 years ago, and it's not coming back anytime soon.
we are all Verratti fans here, there is not one Juve fan on the planet who would say no to him at the moment. the problem is if you suddenly (as off August 7th) start saying stuff like Verratti is better than Pogba or influences the game more or is more important or whatever else, when what you previously said is completely different. i get the anger for Pogba but lets not suddenly make it look like he was as important as Giaccherini was here

- - - Updated - - -

(23)UTD> (26)REAL > (31)PSG

cool story bro!
thats how i see it too. maybe not PSG because they arent adidas, but maybe they will change in a few years

- - - Updated - - -

I love how people here say Verratti is better or makes his team better when they only watch 1 or 2 games of PSG per year

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
also this. but some seem to think Pjanic is incredibly consistent too and puts in regular WC performances. just shows how people like talkung about players they almost never watch

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
your statements already told the whole story. what you seem to see is not what is supported by the numbers.
Numbers? 8 goals and 12 assists in the past season (Serie A only) more than back my argument. He racked up some impressive numbers over the years. But you really should have known that since most of your football knowledge stems from comparing stats from football related sites.

for you pogba is the most skillfull player who will dribble past anyone and should be the target and verratti on the other side is cack, even though the numbers say verratti gets dispossed less and has only 30% of the bad ball controlls that pogba has.
If you could find where I stated that feel free to share? Or your mind is playing tricks on you, again?

gets dispossed less and has only 30% of the bad ball controlls that pogba has.
This tells me why I shouldn't have even bothered with you. But here we go; Veratti's position requires from him to play it safe, as being played as deep lying playmaker/DM any mistake he does in this area would get his defense exposed. Therefore he won't try fancy dribbles like Pogba, or slick pass that would split opposition's defense apart, but if failed could make more harm for his team. The risk isn't worth the reward. Consequently he's having less assists and goals to his name, but gets less dispossessed. But I guess it's difficult to know this if you only look at stats,, instead of watching a game or two.

there is no point in discuss with guys that do not go for reason and measurable things but just what their brain fabricates them to believe. it is like the people on the internet that spew wild shit and say "but i have the RIGHT TO BELIEVE what i believe and you can not take away my right to feel that bla bla bla". Today every mad man can say what he wants and it's not even something rare anymore.
I agree and you need to stop doing this.

you can not heal mental conditions by talking to people, for some people it is just too late and there are only meds that can help.
So there's hope for you, still? Keep it in there, stay strong. You internet warrrior, you.

thanks for making me revisit that game on youtube. i couldn't laugh harder when i saw how he dab'ed (1:42) after getting fouled and standing up
i guess we just see totally different things, you obviously filter out the amount of times his actions either gets his team mate or himself dispossed, but it would be funny to know how many times you see him get dispossesed or playing a ball that does not meet the recipient... i would like to evaluate if it really is some kind of different evaluation of football actions.

how many times do you pogba fans see pogba lose the ball to the opponent in that video ? (from start to finish)
Yes, I look at goals and assists. In that game Pogba had amazing assist for Mario. ktxby

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
After how abysmal money dabs hos was for the first half of the season and then again at the Euros, I'm just happy we were able to trick United into paying 105M for this abysmal twat.

Maybe because we already have abysmal Arturo we can do something like piss-poor Paul for Pogba?

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Pogba is another example of today's modern footballer. A Real player would actually think, " you know what something big is gonna happen this season at Juve, I'll stay around" but no Europa league and women with bad teeth are more appealing. Fuck you and your poxy call of duty dance celebration. Hope your career goes down the same road as your fat real bro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)