Paul Pogba (41 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Not defending anyone. Just saying there is a philosophy that I don't agree with, and that is to let players leave when they ask. The point of remake here is actually a pertinent one, because essentially, that is what last summer was about. And that is what a couple of summers from now will be about when the old guard moves out. This summer was just about adding the cream of the crop, with our core need gaps.

This isn't about letting Pogba, the superstar leave, it's about letting Pogba, the key midfielder leave. I have no qualms on cashing in whatsoever, but it would suit us much more had we let him leave next season than this one, because the impetus is essentially Europe, not Serie a. Now, when we go looking for a replacement, Allegri has his work cut out. And this is assuming Mandzukic doesn't ask to leave, coz if he does, you're looking at an all new attack, save Dybala.

It's great to keep building on a project, and laying the foundations for the future, but sometimes we got to be still, to give the team continuity. In fact, the season we made the CL final, was the one in which we made the least market moves if my memory serves me correctly. I love the players we have bought this summer, pretty much everybody's wish list, but that does not detract from the fact that our project for Europe would've been better served with less changes.

Why do you think I am defending trolls? :lol: Don't care about those cretins bruv, but if there is a point I pick up on, I think it's worth discussing.
I'd say either Zaza or Mandzu leaves. Definitely not both. Neither will be starters now, so that doesn't really matter.

We had continuity for 4 years, up to that CL final, and then Tevez and Pirlo basically retired, and we've been reshaping the team ever since, to set up for the push of Buffon and Barza's last couple years. We have a perfect mix of experience, prime years, and youth right now, imo.

The only mistake was selling Vidal if we didn't have guarantees that Pogba would stay at least until 2017, if not 2018 and the end of Buffon's era. Selling Pogba is just fine and dandy... only we should have kept Vidal if we were planning on selling Pogs.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Juventus is the most successful Italian club, if that is not continuity i don't know what is.
Vidal is the one that hurt but I'm pretty his accident had a lot to do with him leaving.
As for pogba, like i said once his image right issue got settled he had to go cash in.
Two ways to look at this. We have no real rivals in Serie a due to how well organised we are as a club. But for that same success to translate in Europe, the team needs to keep building on their experience. If two years running we have a heavy influx of recruits, then we are going through the same journey with those recruits as we did with the ones before them. I have no qualms about the Pogba deal. I fact, it was perhaps expected, but we are too soft with the ask and you can leave stance. Not going to work for us if we want to win in Europe.

Mar 3, 2014
I'd say either Zaza or Mandzu leaves. Definitely not both. Neither will be starters now, so that doesn't really matter.

We had continuity for 4 years, up to that CL final, and then Tevez and Pirlo basically retired, and we've been reshaping the team ever since, to set up for the push of Buffon and Barza's last couple years. We have a perfect mix of experience, prime years, and youth right now, imo.

The only mistake was selling Vidal if we didn't have guarantees that Pogba would stay at least until 2017, if not 2018 and the end of Buffon's era. Selling Pogba is just fine and dandy... only we should have kept Vidal if we were planning on selling Pogs.
Honestly would prefer to sell Mandzukic. He is better than Zaza, but Zaza is younger and less likely to be upset with a substitute role.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)