Paul Pogba (60 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
I wouldn't be surprised at all if we sell him for 120mln, I wouldn't do it but won't lose any sleep either.

What we are going to do with that money worries me more.

And I don't get it, why would he go to MU, they are a historically big club but right now they are shit and it will take them a while to become great again.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Hist, what you are basically saying is that Pogba simply needs to correct tactical support.

True. Let the other two cm's play to support him
Yes he needs the correct tactical support, and he also needs to toughen up mentally. Even if you are played out of your best role, he should still not go casper like that. We played him as an LM sometimes which is far from his comfort zone but he never went casper like that on us back then.

He was played out of position AND the pressure got to him in this tournament in general and in this match in particular.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
not sure if you noticed, probably dont even watch Chile, but Vidal plays with a midfielder whos great offensively, Aranguiz. Pogba doesent have such type of player in his France team, all of them except Cabaye are box to box mids with some questionable passing. in fact, both Diaz and Aranguiz would suit Pogba much more than this midfield of France that is a complete mess. moreover, the 2 NTs play completely different, so you cant compare them, and the roles of the 2 players for both teams are miles away. saying that Vidal would perform better than Pogba in this midfield, where he would be expected to be the ball distributor and attack starter, while covering for the 2 other mids is pretty baseless assumption. seriously, im starting to question if you even watch games or just talk out of your ass

- - - Updated - - -

:lol:

he almost single handedly screwed our final vs Barca last year with his stupid tackles. hes not mentally strong, just a complete idiot
Yeah Vidal has heart and lots of it but he isn't mentally the most stable player nor is he the smartest.
Yeh, he is kind of a brute derp sometimes... definitely not the leader people makes him to be. He is alwas one tackle of commiting a stupidity.

He crashed a ferrari while being drunk ffs.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we sell him for 120mln, I wouldn't do it but won't lose any sleep either.

And I don't get it, why would he go to MU, they are a historically big club but right now they are $#@! and it will take them a while to become great again.
Yeh...stupid from his part, but if thats what eh wants we can do nothing.

Now, what we will do with the money... thats a good question.

Jun 6, 2015
He is also the guy who was a key player in two back back coppa wins and was a key protagonist in the CL for us under Conte (remember chelsea?) and was an important player for bayern in the CL this season (against us actually). He lost his nerves once but proved himself on the bigger stages plenty of time.

This is compared to Pogba who was largely a no show in this tournament and especially in the final. We also so him choking for us at the start of the season and it was dybala that lifted us out of this mess until marchisio came back and pogba eventually recovered form. Pogba has not yet proved himself on the big stage and this euros was a missed opportunity.

Vidal is definitely more of a big game player than Pogba so far and is definitely more of a leader. Pogba has time though because vidal is old so thats kind of expected.
I hope Pogba leaves Juve just so he gets your full appreciation :) Can't wait for the Pogba is much better and is mentally stronger than Dybala arguments ;)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

And I don't get it, why would he go to MU, they are a historically big club but right now they are shit and it will take them a while to become great again.
I dont think he is going to MU. He has a good shot at the CL with us this season and he could always go to MU the next year when they are in Europe.

Madrid or Barca are the only teams that might make sense imo because they can pay him well, compete for everything plus with Madrid there is no next year because they will be banned from transfers.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Aranguiz, Medel, diaz and fernandes vs Payet, Griezman, Matuidi and Sissoko are you fucking kidding me? Not only are the french players much more solid defensively and a lot more potent offensively, but the Chileans have won 2 coppas back to back in convincing fashion. The chileans arent good enough for Roma ffs.

Payet and Griezman are creative as fuck. Matuidi and Sissoko do fuck loads of defensive work and Matuidi is usually a pretty good Box-to-Box player.

I'd rather Pogba played with some aggression and took the game by the neck even if that involves some risks than make a complete no show and spend the game passing back to umtiti and koscielny. He provided no service whatsoever. Sissoko took matters into his own hands and it worked. Koman did the same to less effect and Payet to even less.

Pogba has a very poor game even by the standards he set during this tournament which are nothing special. I dont understand why you want to defend his abilities as a DM/Regista he just not cut out for it. And yes vidal is more cut out for it than he is judging by his superior defensive qualities and work ethic.
are you fucking kidding ME? why bring Payet and Griezmann into this :lol: and Medel :lol:

1st of, we are talking about the central midfield. while Matuidi, Kante and Sissoko are better players and more established ones, they arent really players that work well together. youre not stupid, you should know this. Pogba is the only guy in this midfield that can create something. the only one. Vidal has a solid DM behind him in Diaz that is NOT a terrible passer and has Aranguiz next to him who has more offensive skill in his left toe than these 3 combined. thats a working midfield because you have structure, players that not only run their socks off each game, but arent Momo Sissoko level passers, and know exactly what their roles are. and they play together for years. that helps a lot you know. Medel plays as CB for them btw.

Matuidi and Sissoko are good in carrying the ball upfront, but they arent players that will make game deciding passes and are not players you want organizing your attacks. put Vidal in behind them and you get a midfield that of no use offensively against a Portugal team that defends deep. Pogba took the role of the ball distributor in this team and he didnt impress, but not even Pirlo would have helped this France team today, because they are clueless as to what to do without the ball, the team has no real game plan and are playing like crap the whole tournament. if you watched them you would notice this maybe. Payet was bellow average, apart from shooting FKs, he has no real ability it seems. hes not a playmaker and neither is Griezmann. Giroud couldnt hold off the ball if he was surrounded by kids, yet alone Portugal CBs, and this is supposed to be their target man (even when he manages to hold the ball, his decision making is as good as Arsenals trophy record last 10 years). this whole France team is a complete mess despite all the talent they have, and it would definitely NOT help them if they had Vidal in place of Pogba

- - - Updated - - -

You can see that DD restrained his attacking forays. Allegri allows him to push further up the pitch and make things happen on the periphery of the box.

He didn't have a good game no doubt, but DD's instructions hindered him.
DD is an idiot, mediocre coach

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I hope Pogba leaves Juve just so he gets your full appreciation :) Can't wait for the Pogba is much better and is mentally stronger than Dybala arguments ;)
unless he grows (mentally) or dybala regresses or chokes next season, I doubt this will happen.
The data has to change for me to change my mind. The data now is against him in that comparison of mental strength.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He is also the guy who was a key player in two back back coppa wins and was a key protagonist in the CL for us under Conte (remember chelsea?) and was an important player for bayern in the CL this season (against us actually). He lost his nerves once but proved himself on the bigger stages plenty of time.

This is compared to Pogba who was largely a no show in this tournament and especially in the final. We also so him choking for us at the start of the season and it was dybala that lifted us out of this mess until marchisio came back and pogba eventually recovered form. Pogba has not yet proved himself on the big stage and this euros was a missed opportunity.

Vidal is definitely more of a big game player than Pogba so far and is definitely more of a leader. Pogba has time though because vidal is old so thats kind of expected.
:rofl:

youre an idiot, even bigger one than Deschamps

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yes he needs the correct tactical support, and he also needs to toughen up mentally. Even if you are played out of your best role, he should still not go casper like that. We played him as an LM sometimes which is far from his comfort zone but he never went casper like that on us back then.

He was played out of position AND the pressure got to him in this tournament in general and in this match in particular.
:lol:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
are you fucking kidding ME? why bring Payet and Griezmann into this :lol: and Medel :lol:

1st of, we are talking about the central midfield. while Matuidi, Kante and Sissoko are better players and more established ones, they arent really players that work well together. youre not stupid, you should know this. Pogba is the only guy in this midfield that can create something. the only one. Vidal has a solid DM behind him in Diaz that is NOT a terrible passer and has (1) Aranguiz next to him who has more offensive skill in his left toe than these 3 combined. thats a working midfield because you have structure, players that not only run their socks off each game, but (2) arent Momo Sissoko level passers, and know exactly what their roles are. and they play together for years. that helps a lot you know. Medel plays as CB for them btw.

Matuidi and Sissoko are good in carrying the ball upfront, but they arent players that will make game deciding passes and are not players you want organizing your attacks. put Vidal in behind them and you get a midfield that of no use offensively against a Portugal team that defends deep. (3)Pogba took the role of the ball distributor in this team and he didnt impress, but (4)not even Pirlo would have helped this France team today, because they are clueless as to what to do without the ball, the team has no real game plan and are playing like crap the whole tournament. if you watched them you would notice this maybe. Payet was bellow average, apart from shooting FKs, he has no real ability it seems. hes not a playmaker and neither is Griezmann. Giroud couldnt hold off the ball if he was surrounded by kids, yet alone Portugal CBs, and this is supposed to be their target man (even when he manages to hold the ball, his decision making is as good as Arsenals trophy record last 10 years). this whole France team is a complete mess despite all the talent they have, and (5)it would definitely NOT help them if they had Vidal in place of Pogba

- - - Updated - - -

DD is an idiot, mediocre coach
(1) :lol:

(2) They aren't. Matuidi certainly isn't. When he is playing with an actual regista he has no problems being great at PSG be it with verratti and motta or motta and rabiot. Diaz certainly isnt more creative.

(3) Thank you. What we are disagreeing about is whether he didnt do well because of a lack of skill to play that role with these midfielders or because the pressure got to him. I am saying it is both. I don't blame him for the former because that wasn't his call it was DD. I blame him for the latter. He didn't look like he was even trying today neither in creating play nor in defending. There is a difference between being involved in play but things not working out for whatever reason and walking around looking bored.
(4) Pirlo would have stringed that midfield together majestically. Pogba was supposed to do that but didn't do it at all and didn't look like he was trying to influence the game. Sissoko was fighting and almost worked. Payet was fighting but failed. Pogba was not fighting he was spectating in comparison.

(5) It would have helped but I am not sure Vidal would have made them win the match. When I say imagine vidal in that role I am not saying France would have won. With a young Pirlo or a Marchisio or a modric they might have won but I doubt they would have won with vidal. However, I am saying vidal would have been fucking everywhere and fighting till the last minute. He would have done much more defensively and would have tried to contribute more offensively because that is his character. The point is not that vidal would have made them win, it is that vidal would have fought much harder and pushed his mates forward regardless of whether they ended losing or winning. Neither of them is suitable for the deep playmaking role (though pogba has a better passing range). But Vidal fights like an animal while pogba was a lama today. Put fucking guttoso there who cant pass 5m away and you'd have seen more fighting and leadership from that.

So again, yes DD gave him a bad role. yes he didn't impress and part of it is because of that. But his performance was disgraceful from a mental standpoint. Had he shown up today and gave his 100% the way sissoko did despite his limitations, then maybe france would have still lost. but at least then no one can blame him. You played me out of position in a role that doesnt suit me and I gave it my 100%. I'd have been proud of his performance if he had done that but he didn't. He did not try his best in that role. Vidal would have. Pogba tried his best as an LM for us and no one blamed him for not being a genius winger. Marchisio tried his best as a RW against Real (conte days) and no one blamed him even though he wasn't robben-good at it. We recognized he gave it his all and respected him for that. Today he did not. Even compared to the rest of his tournament today is a whole lower level of motivation from him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 59)