Paul Pogba (90 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
The first thought that came into my head, seems like an attempt to keep him for more than one season. And to be honest Pogba has spoken along those terms, but we all know that it changes very quickly in football.
I think the thing is no matter what number Pogba will wear, when he leaves he will cause a stir. So it doesn't really matter. He is the most worthy of the 10, given his characteristics and talent so I have no real problem with it. I hope one day we see a young Italian come through and take it. Someone like Gotze or Draxler I wouldn't give the 10 to anyway.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I think the thing is no matter what number Pogba will wear, when he leaves he will cause a stir. So it doesn't really matter. He is the most worthy of the 10, given his characteristics and talent so I have no real problem with it. I hope one day we see a young Italian come through and take it. Someone like Gotze or Draxler I wouldn't give the 10 to anyway.
Next year Mimmo is coming here :D

jakku7

Jun 29, 2011
This does not mean he will play the no 10 position guys, and it has nothing to do with us buying an AM.
Exactly. Even if we buy Draxler and he will be our icing on the cake, he won't get #10. Maybe he should, but from merchandising point of view Julian is nowhere near as recognizable as Pogba.

In addition, by such a move, paradoxically we have much better negotiation position while dealing with Schalke. We are giving the signal that we are not cornered anymore because we can always use Pogba as our playmaker and don't need to buy Schalke player at any price.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Exactly. Even if we buy Draxler and he will be our icing on the cake, he won't get #10. Maybe he should, but from merchandising point of view Julian is nowhere near as recognizable as Pogba.

In addition, by such a move, paradoxically we have much better negotiation position while dealing with Schalke. We are giving the signal that we are not cornered anymore because we can always use Pogba as our playmaker and don't need to buy Schalke player at any price.
That's all true but Schalke won't be impressed. This is business and they know they can earn much more on Draxler if the keep him. He's in the right environment to get back on his feet and drive up the price tag by playing good for them.

But you're right abut taking off that pressure connected to lack of number 10 which we're supposedly after. Pogba with #10 makes sense but it could also mean we shouldn’t expect any top class name coming here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 90)