Paul Pogba (43 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
out of curiosity, if man city offered a crazy amount of money for pogba would you take it, I mean enough to buy a world class striker like suarez or van persie, or any other striker that is world class.

I would take the money
depends on how crazy.

20-30 mill nah. his age and how well he has settled means he can be an asset over the long term.

40m and above yes.

ideally though, marchisio is the one that should be sold

Buy on AliExpress.com

kronos

Aug 16, 2011
depends on how crazy.

20-30 mill nah. his age and how well he has settled means he can be an asset over the long term.

40m and above yes.

ideally though, marchisio is the one that should be sold
Tbh Marchisio will never be sold no matter how bad or good he plays.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
This guy is too good to be sitting on the bench next season. If Marotta fails in bringing us top player I can see Conte moving Pogba to forward position.

It's not unusual for Conte to move players from their natural position, he already did it with Asamoah and Marrone. In both of them Conte noticed some characteristics that could be useful in other areas of the pitch. IMO it's similar with Pogba: he's tall, physical, resourceful and has a powerfull shot. It certainly wouldn't hurt us if he tried this.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I'm not saying I agree with it :(

Like the hundreds of other players that come through the Juve ranks too.
I thought about that, but those players never got an extended run of playtime at Juve. I think it's more about making a statement imo. Don't want our academy to look like a failure. Marchisio is currently the only player who actually deserves to step foot out there.

OP
Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #3,569
    De Ceglie's proof for that. Neither will Gio probably.
    De Ceglie will be sold soon enough IMO.
    I'd agree with TrezJuve on this one. Conte is guided partly by his ego, partly by his passion, mainly by common sense and wanting us to win, improve, fight, win, improve, fight. He has seen how many of de ceglie's mistakes directly lead to goals, as will have the rest of the management. There is no space in the middle of the park for Asamoah and he seems happy and more than capable of playing at LWB. Peluso also is very capable in that role defensively with space easier to find there than at LCB with Chiellini to compete. Marrone seems the vice Bonucci, Caceres the vice Barzagli and vice Chiellini.

We don't play any system which makes use of De ceglie's only possible value; a left winger placed high up the field, who is never expected to beat a man, nor cover, nor come infield and pass, just run forward and put a cruling left foot cross in now and then. A luxury and liability we can do well without...Loyalty to players isn't high on Conte's list of priorities. Just ask Del Piero...However, Conte's loyalty to his own convictions is often all too high on that same list as Boriello will confirm with glee.

Difficult to tell, but I expect to see that hapless, demonic faced goon to leave the ranks this summer. Although I suspect the best we could hope for in exchange is a groundsman, or perhaps extra tea lady...

This guy is too good to be sitting on the bench next season. If Marotta fails in bringing us top player I can see Conte moving Pogba to forward position.

It's not unusual for Conte to move players from their natural position, he already did it with Asamoah and Marrone. In both of them Conte noticed some characteristics that could be useful in other areas of the pitch. IMO it's similar with Pogba: he's tall, physical, resourceful and has a powerfull shot. It certainly wouldn't hurt us if he tried this.
    Playing Pogba higher up the field makes no sense. He is learning his craft and excelling in the middle of the park. that is where he is at his best, that is where he is blossoming. The frenchman has still plenty to learn and with 3 of the finest midfielders in the world to learn from, the success he has already experienced this season, and the apparent humility of the player himself, I cannot see why anyone would like to see his situation changed in any way...Everything seems perfect for Pogba. No need to rock the boat.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Pogba is going to eventually want to leave even if he starts at Juve. There is no bond that'll keep him here. And it doesn't help having Raiola to pimp him around either. An offer in eexcess of 30m is as good as its going to get and we should cash in simply because Vidal and Marchisio are still relatively young themselves. And also because those funds would free up making a quantum leap on a starting position, namely, attack. If Pogba facilitated a move for Suarez, we should go all out. In fact, we should offer pogo in exchange if it brought the price down to a Marrotta negotiable level. Which is under 10m :D

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    With FFP kicking in, there are going to be very few people spending in excess of 30m as they are now. There is more evidence to suggest that Pogba would leave than stay because even being as good as he is, he is not going to displace any of our starters in midfield bar a severe injury. He left United to come to Juve for the same reason, he probably did it coz he's 19. If he was older he would've probably gone to a stronger league than Italy. I love him and think he's a huge talent but if he helps us fill a starting place with a talent as big as his then I'm all for it.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
    I think you forget that there is a spot in our midfield opening up soon due to Pirlo's age. Pogba already seems of high enough quality to start. You think we can find a better CM for 30m? And even if we can, Pogba knows our system. No sale.

As somebody's just said, Raiola will no doubt be shopping Pogba around sooner or later. There's always a chance that Paul might stay though. Nedved did, right?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    With FFP kicking in, there are going to be very few people spending in excess of 30m as they are now. There is more evidence to suggest that Pogba would leave than stay because even being as good as he is, he is not going to displace any of our starters in midfield bar a severe injury. He left United to come to Juve for the same reason, he probably did it coz he's 19. If he was older he would've probably gone to a stronger league than Italy. I love him and think he's a huge talent but if he helps us fill a starting place with a talent as big as his then I'm all for it.
    Pogba has played PLENTY of games this season, and with Pirlo turning 34 in a few months, Vidal/Marchisio always getting yellow card accumulations and missing quite a few games throughout the season and Pogba's general strong and mature play at such a young age, will guarantee him plenty more playing time with us in seasons to come.

The only reason he left Man U was because old Bacon Face felt the need to bring Scholes back from retirement and play guys like Giggs, Park and one of the Brazilian twins over him in midfield.

I can see him staying with us for a while yet. When the time to sell him comes, then fine. I hope we take whoever it is (most likely P$G, Man Shitty or Real Madrid) to the cleaners with the transfer fee.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    I think you forget that there is a spot in our midfield opening up soon due to Pirlo's age. Pogba already seems of high enough quality to start. You think we can find a better CM for 30m? And even if we can, Pogba knows our system. No sale.

As somebody's just said, Raiola will no doubt be shopping Pogba around sooner or later. There's always a chance that Paul might stay though. Nedved did, right?

Bro, Nedved was a legend. You can't compare them as commodities either. The sport was different back then when Raiola himself was in the ascendancy. Pogba may even turn out to be a better player than Neddy but it's close to impossible that he'll achieve that status here or anywhere when players are only as loyal as their contract allows them to be.

Pogba has played PLENTY of games this season, and with Pirlo turning 34 in a few months, Vidal/Marchisio always getting yellow card accumulations and missing quite a few games throughout the season and Pogba's general strong and mature play at such a young age, will guarantee him plenty more playing time with us in seasons to come.

The only reason he left Man U was because old Bacon Face felt the need to bring Scholes back from retirement and play guys like Giggs, Park and one of the Brazilian twins over him in midfield.

I can see him staying with us for a while yet. When the time to sell him comes, then fine. I hope we take whoever it is (most likely P$G, Man Shitty or Real Madrid) to the cleaners with the transfer fee.
    I'd love for him to stay. But if an opportunity opens up monetarily, it will not hurt us if it allows us to make a quantum leap in another starting position. And I say this, because I genuinely believe of our midfield core Pogba is the most likely to leave, more so than Vidal and Marchisio obviously.

He is still young and unless we magically build a base of a couple more French players I just can't see him stay loyal to us in the long haul. Especially if he's lured with a betteer contract elsewhere, which is bound to happen seeing his ability coupled with the fact that the Serie a is no longer the talent retaining league it used to be.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
    Bro, Nedved was a legend. You can't compare them as commodities either. The sport was different back then when Raiola himself was in the ascendancy. Pogba may even turn out to be a better player than Neddy but it's close to impossible that he'll achieve that status here or anywhere when players are only as loyal as their contract allows them to be.
    Oh no way was I comparing Pogba to Nedved as players. I can't compare anybody to Pavel because for me he was THE footballer when I was growing up. His style of play and his philosophy influenced me not just when playing football but through life in general.

My point was that mabye it's not a foregone conclusion that Pogba will leave in the next 5 years or so. There'll be a starter spot in our midfield opening up when Pirlo hangs up his boots and why shouldn't Pogba claim it long term? If he likes it here (which he seems to at present) he can't be forced to move. Who knows?

Point taken about this Raiola being different and greedier than the one of a decade ago, though

HAZEM

L'architetto
    Apr 22, 2008
    when pirlo retires i don't see a replacement for him except for Verrati and Pogba and tbh at this age and this level i would gladly take pogba.. so the kid can stay as he will be the main midfielder at some point.. and the kid looks really happy here and looks like the management counts on him as the next big thing after zidane and pirlo.. and we aren't a selling team anyway.. maybe years ago but now we will take advantage at what we hold as we want the CL... all we should care is that fuckin' Raiola stops fuckin' around..

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Pogba will play in pirlos spot--- but of course he will not try to copy pilro in the role.. but do it on hiw own. Thy are different but both are class.

About the comparison with Nedved not leaving.... there were many factors. For example, he was an already full fledged footballer by the time he came to us... and the years he lived with us were very emotional and meaningful. His famili was settled in turin, he was an idol here, he loved the club and he lived his most emotional years here (Semi final soap opera against madrid, ballon dior, the calciopoli disaster, Serie B and the return to serie A).

Pogba on the other hand is VERY young.. he has no responsabilities as a family man, and is starting to live his career in full throttle. In a couple years he will aim for the top.. and if we are not on the top, he will go elsewhere... im 99% sure of that.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Pogba in Pirlo's spot in the longer term would be interesting.

Would mean Juve probably had the muscle in midfield that they could play Pogba, Marchisio/Vidal and a trequartista in midfield and adjust formation slightly.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    Pogba in Pirlo's spot in the longer term would be interesting.

Would mean Juve probably had the muscle in midfield that they could play Pogba, Marchisio/Vidal and a trequartista in midfield and adjust formation slightly.
    :agree: It would allow for more flexibility imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 31)