Paul Pogba (195 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abrakadaver07

Jul 8, 2008
He even has the tenacity to get frustrated over them as though he pops em in every time in training or something.
Haha exactly, I barely remember him taking a free kick for us up to this seaason and now he's all over our set pieces for some reason. Should have learned something from Pirlo these years.

It's like Forlan with Uruguay at WC 2010. He took every corner, penalty kick or free-kick. I remember one game Uruguay had a free-kick from the half-way line, the ones that defenders just randomly pump into the box, but no, Forlan had to come all the way back and do it himself. And yeah, he was pretty bad at it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
I'e said it before, pogba is not worth 100m, we would be in far better position to cash on him for that ridiculous amount of money and add 2-3 wc players than gambling on him to become zidane or platini, which he will never be

This cash cow opportunity does not come often and as a club we desperately need that cash rather than his presence on the field.

If he's only worth 30m or such sure we can keep him, but 100m? Nope, quick find the loser who will fall for the hype and bait, and get that 100m asap then reinvest on players who can more consistently providing us the extra edge

Qwisto

Oct 5, 2010
I'e said it before, pogba is not worth 100m, we would be in far better position to cash on him for that ridiculous amount of money and add 2-3 wc players than gambling on him to become zidane or platini, which he will never be

This cash cow opportunity does not come often and as a club we desperately need that cash rather than his presence on the field.

If he's only worth 30m or such sure we can keep him, but 100m? Nope, quick find the loser who will fall for the hype and bait, and get that 100m asap
Not saying you're wrong but the thing with receiving a €100m fee is that it has to be reinvested properly. Despite last year's ChL campaign and our domestic titles, it's hard for me to see us improving the squad, simply because the quality players are out of reach. If we sold Pogba today, we would end up with the Lamelas of today. Which WC players do you have in mind? Imo we would need to make a few deals beforehand (or at least seek assurance) to even consider selling an asset like Pogba. And with the current management on the case that could be a huuuge obstacle keeping in mind the search for our no. 10 this summer (rest was done quickly to be fair).

Personally, I hope he stays... I really like his attitude in general and - unlike others on here - it doesn't bother me one bit that he gets angry with himself whenever he fucks up. I tend to do the same in my sunday league matches :)

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Not saying you're wrong but the thing with receiving a €100m fee is that it has to be reinvested properly. Despite last year's ChL campaign and our domestic titles, it's hard for me to see us improving the squad, simply because the quality players are out of reach. If we sold Pogba today, we would end up with the Lamelas of today. Which WC players do you have in mind? Imo we would need to make a few deals beforehand (or at least seek assurance) to even consider selling an asset like Pogba. And with the current management on the case that could be a huuuge obstacle keeping in mind the search for our no. 10 this summer (rest was done quickly to be fair).

Personally, I hope he stays... I really like his attitude in general and - unlike others on here - it doesn't bother me one bit that he gets angry with himself whenever he $#@!s up. I tend to do the same in my sunday league matches :)
With 100m from pogba, plus say 30-50m from chl, we should be able to bring someone or two... Marco reus + De bryune for example

Okay maybe they are not exactly the top of wc like messi, or near last liverpool year suarez or even our own tevez last season in term of the ability to consistently single handedly lifting the team to the highest level

But neither is pogba atm and IMHO he would never be.

However, again IMHO marco reus + de bryune is a better package any team could have than pogba alone

If we cannot get such players with 120-150m+ spare cash, then something is terribly wrong with the club

Qwisto

Oct 5, 2010
With 100m from pogba, plus say 30-50m from chl, we should be able to bring someone or two... Marco reus + De bryune for example

Okay maybe they are not exactly the top of wc like messi, or near last liverpool year suarez or even our own tevez last season in term of the ability to consistently single handedly lifting the team to the highest level

But neither is pogba atm and IMHO he would never be.

However, again IMHO marco reus + de bryune is a better package any team could have than pogba alone

If we cannot get such players with 120-150m+ spare cash, then something is terribly wrong with the club
Ok, this is where we have different views. If bringing in players like Reus and KDB for that money was possible, I would do it anyday. But with all the difficulties we seem to have with attracting and signing players of that calibre, I think we will have to settle for something less, just like other teams have been forced to do so after selling big. Wages are still a big obstacle too. Even with the Pogba money, there's is close to no chance that we will break or destabilize our wage budget in the way we probably have to in order to bring in top players that'll improve the squad immediately.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Pogba seems to not be enjoying his footie right now. Is very weird to see him as pissed off with himself as he is.

Do you remember how he played when he had cheesio pirlo and vidal around?, the guy was cool as ice and always showboasting and being effective....

right now he seems pressed as hell, and eager to do i dont know what...but whatever he is trying to do is not working.

Needs to keep it simple.

v1rtu4l01

Oct 5, 2015
Pogba seems to not be enjoying his footie right now. Is very weird to see him as pissed off with himself as he is.

Do you remember how he played when he had cheesio pirlo and vidal around?, the guy was cool as ice and always showboasting and being effective....
That's what they call selective memory. Pogba very often had scenes with lack of concentration where he played bad balls into back of a player instead of playing it into the direction of the players run and so on. I always thought "never mind, he has Pirlo around him all day at training. He will grasp it in the end."

Now Pirlo is gone and he still makes play harder for us than necessary. The fact you never noticed that in the past just showed how much b Pirlo could even out those bad passes by playing passes that would let you drop your has to the floor and quickly forget the rubbish of Pogba before.

I do not get the hype around de Bruyne. When you guys hyped him I watched av few games of his for Wolfsburg and he really flopped for me. You would not see that from watching only highlights because they probably only show the good stuff but I saw him fail at stuff a real quality player would not fail at. A few one on ones with the keeper out good scoring situations where he simply failed. Kind of reminded me of the many fails of del Piero for the squadra azzurra . on top of that de bruyne did not do shit against us when he came into the field against us this season. Do you guys want somebody that has less effect on a game than cuadrafo or dybala to put your future hopes on?

I will sound like a broken record, but the most sensible (if possible) replacement for Pogba would be Verratti. Going from black clown with useless step overs to midget Pirlo v2 who would elevate our midfield to another level. A level we would not even be on if Pogba played like the best he played for us. My selective memory tells me that Pogba never had all around near perfect games but had those screamer goals out of nowhere that made everybody say he is the next big thing. Screamers are all good but not the primary thing a midfielder should be measured by.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I will say we need to give him time. He is in a bad patc, but he has the talent to overcome it. Its way too soon to call it quits with him.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I love black players full of muscle so I love Pogba :heart: (no homo)
Eto'o was my biggest heartbreak. One of my favorite african players of all times and he wore two of the twenty shirts I despise the most! I'd still take him in here today in a heart beat! The man was a slicker and more lethal than a panther!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 182)