Patrick Vieira (19 Viewers)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Capello hails Vieira-Emo union Saturday 16 July, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boss Fabio Capello believes he now has the best central midfield pair in world football after Patrick Vieira joined Emerson at Juventus.

The Frenchman signed for the Turin giants from Arsenal on Thursday, in a £13.75m move, to significantly strengthen the Italian champions.

"The Emerson-Vieira partnership is the best in circulation and not just in Italy," raved Capello on Saturday.

"Vieira is an important signing, a natural born leader. He will also settle in fairly easily thanks to the other Frenchmen at this club.

"He has great quality, both technically and also as a person. He has matured over these years but he still has a great desire to keep on improving."

Capello, who bossed Vieira for a brief spell at Milan, is more than happy with what his club have achieved on the transfer market so far.

"This is what today’s Juventus is," added the tactician. "We have signed (Robert) Kovac in defence, Vieira and (Giuliano) Giannichedda in midfield and (Adrian) Mutu in attack.

"We are fine as we are, we have got the players we wanted and we are competitive for the new campaign."

Juventus ended the last campaign as champions of Italy but the pressure is now on for them to conquer Europe after such illustrious arrivals.

"I’m not scared by the responsibility," Capello responded. "After all, I prefer to have ‘real champions’ in my squad."

Buy on AliExpress.com

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
i admired him long time ago , i always talk about him in the forums , even i used his pic for my avator for long time ..

he is a leader , he can handle pressure , he runs all the time , he uses his body well in covering , he can pass throug the middle no only the flanks , i love his chips in one vs one situation

he wasn't at his best physically in the last 2 seasons , he even stated once that he needed a break , his legs were heavy , but on the other hand many aspect of his game improved , he adapts perfectly .

he left because he wanted a new challenge , 9 seasons is like whole career for a regular player , he knows that he went to a great team that can gain from his charachter , he is for sure an added value to the team i can't wait to see him play with juve especially in a big match

Blind

May 8, 2005
I think all that Viera needed was a change of settings
Last season he appeared not to care anymore
I am pretty sure that coming to Juve turned his engines on

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
He looks really good in our colours and you can tell he's really chuffed at this decision to join us!

Vieira + Emerson= A brick wall

Vieira keeps Juventus door open
07 Oct 2001

Arsenal star midfielder Patrick Vieira could be set to quit Highbury for the Juventus and the Italian Serie A.

The 25-year-old French international told an Italian newspaper that the Serie A giants, Real Madrid and Manchester United are all chasing him, but out of all three the lure of Turin and Juventus "is a very big attraction". Should he decide to quit Arsenal, the move would end a troubled period for Vieira who openly criticised manager Arsene Wenger and the club for its lack of ambition, slamming the summer signings of goalkeeper Richard Wright and winger Francis Jeffers.

He told Tuttosport: "Juventus, Real Madrid and Manchester United are all chasing me. But I can't deny the Juventus offer is the really interesting one. I'm a professional and as a professional my mind is open to all kinds of options for the future."

"I can't say that the road back to Italy for me is closed, especially when the team that looks for me is Juventus. The 'Old Lady' is a club built to win and projected to win. And a player there, whatever his religion, colour or nationality, is sheltered for 365 days a year."

"Turin may not be the same as Paris, London or Milan, but Turin is Juventus and Juventus is a very big attraction. Juventus looked for me last spring but Arsenal said no and didn't want to let me go. And so I am here waiting for some news."

This was way back in 2001, so i knew he was a some stage juve bound.

Jul 2, 2005
hmmm vieira personally i never like him, but i don't like alot of great players of which vieira is,

however he isnt nearly as good as he used to be, he used to be a brick wall by himself and now i don't know i think hes lost it. But him and emerson should be good although i think that we would of been better off getting a more attacking minded midfielder like rosicky or van der vaart, which would of cost us about the same and lead to a more creative and also younger midfield

but ah well i'm not gonna complain about getting a player like vieira even if i dont think he was the best option

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Vieira will be back, no matter how terrible he plays, he's just one of those guys who don't make big mistakes, he may perform average and not as awesome as two years ago, but partnered with emerson, that is enough for a very solid midfield.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Vieira impresses boss Capello Monday 18 July, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patrick Vieira made his debut for Italian champions Juventus in a 5-1 friendly win over Serie C1 outfit Pavia.

The big money signing from Arsenal played 45 minutes in the Bianconeri’s second friendly of the summer.

"We are working hard on a daily basis but these matches are important for us," said boss Fabio Capello.

"We still haven’t got the right vitality at the minute but it is just key that nobody is getting hurt in these games. Things are going well.

"Vieira? He is very quick in midfield, he always plays first touch football," added Capello. "There is no doubt he is a great player."

Things didn’t start too well for the Old Lady though as Pavia actually took the lead thanks to Fasano after 20 minutes.

Juventus levelled things up 16 minutes later with a Gorini own goal before Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Adrian Mutu and Marcelo Zalayeta rippled the net.

There was also glory for Lorenzo Spagnoli, who is training with the side after winning an Italian TV reality show.

The midfielder earned a penalty in the closing stages and had the temperament to pick himself up and net the spot-kick himself.

Meanwhile, Juventus transfer target Antonio Cassano wasn’t welcomed with open arms by the Roma fans on his return to training last night.

The Italian international was greeted with calls of "go to Capello" by some disillusioned supporters.

Cassano, who has just one year left on his contract, has been strongly associated with the Turin giants.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)