Patrick Vieira (1 Viewer)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
A player that was developed by a tactician, came to be under the command of another tactician, I can only see him improving.

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
I´am Happy!
I think we have now with Emerson and Viera the best central midfield on the planet!

very nice!
I think 29 is good, and he played 9 years in england, so that means he is like a Wall!

Forza Juve

OP
/usr/bin
Mar 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #48
    First words as a Juve Player..:

Vieira picked Juve over Real
    Friday 15 July, 2005
    Patrick Vieira has spoken for the first time as a Juventus player after the Italian club beat Real Madrid for his signature.

The French international joined the Bianconeri last night in a £13.7m move from Arsenal and is delighted with his choice of destination.

"I'm really proud and happy today, because it's a really special day," he said at the club’s headquarters in Corso Galileo Ferraris.

"For me, in the last few years, Juventus has always been at the top, not only in European football but also national as well.

"So for me to join Juventus is a fantastic achievement in my career. I'm really proud and really happy.

"It's going to be a really big challenge but I'm going to be ready for that.

"Juventus has been a really stable club in the past few years and when I look at myself as a human being and as a player, and I look at Juventus, it's the perfect club for me.

"I took this decision without being influenced by either (Juventus defender Lilian) Thuram or (Real Madrid’s Zinedine) Zidane. This is my decision because it is my life."

Juventus were first linked to Vieira a few weeks ago and the club admit it was tough landing the 29-year-old.

"The player is not aware of what a battle we had with Real for him," stated director general Luciano Moggi.

"But we insisted and in the end Vieira chose us. I can assure everyone though that Arsenal didn’t sell him voluntarily because he is a champion.

"We’ve dug deep to get him but that is only because we are certain that Vieira will know how to pay us back."

The former Highbury captain added that it was a tough decision to turn his back on his wonderful years in London.

"When you spend nine years somewhere it's always going to be difficult, but when you make a decision you think about what you want to achieve," he added.

"It was quite difficult, but that's life. I achieved a lot with Arsenal, in the nine years I spent there we won a lot of trophies.

"What I want is just to keep going and keep winning trophies for my new team. I’ve not come here to just win the Champions’ League but for everything."

The combative midfielder will now link up again with his former Milan boss Fabio Capello, who once likened him to Frank Rijkaard.

"I was just 19 back then," explained Vieira. "Rijkaard is one of my idols and I’m delighted with the compliment. Capello was a great motivator and he still is now."

The player was also questioned about the possibility that he could be targeted by racist chants in Italy.

"I did evaluate that aspect when I signed but I will deal with that if it ever arises," he concluded.

Meanwhile, Moggi seemed to put away the club’s chequebook following this latest capture.

"We will now look to sell," he stated. "There is an agreement with Sevilla for Enzo Maresca even if he needs to give his OK. We will then place Stephen Appiah and Fabrizio Miccoli."
    Channel4.com
    We beat Real AGAIN! :D:D:D

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    A serius upgrade for our team,
    we strenghen our weakest point in the maximum possible degree!
    he have now a high concentration of world class material,
    we are ready for big things,

Vieira will help us to become even more solid
    and we had already the best def in europe,

Vieira is one of the players that may give us that extra smth we were looking for

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    The player was also questioned about the possibility that he could be targeted by racist chants in Italy.

"I did evaluate that aspect when I signed but I will deal with that if it ever arises," he concluded.

Hope Serie A wont turn out to be like La Liga.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Vieira just seems like the type of player to settle in nicely at Juventus, and that's not just because he has his buddies Thuram and Trezeguet next to him on the pitch. It will be interesting to see whether Emerson or Vieira will take a more advanced role in the straight 4 midfield, and if I had to pick one it would be the Frenchman because IMO he has better ball skills than Emo. Can't wait to see Patrick in action with Juventus.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Vieira just seems like the type of player to settle in nicely at Juventus, and that's not just because he has his buddies Thuram and Trezeguet next to him on the pitch. It will be interesting to see whether Emerson or Vieira will take a more advanced role in the straight 4 midfield, and if I had to pick one it would be the Frenchman because IMO he has better ball skills than Emo. Can't wait to see Patrick in action with Juventus.
    Me too, and as many say that Vieira is more defensive than Emerson, I believe that he can pass better and create plays for the attackers better than Puma.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

Me too, and as many say that Vieira is more defensive than Emerson, I believe that he can pass better and create plays for the attackers better than Puma.
    I concur with that as well. IMO Vieira is also better with the ball at his feet than Puma.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

I concur with that as well. IMO Vieira is also better with the ball at his feet than Puma.
    I also believe that his number of fouls and red cards (that was a big one) will drop drastically due to good covering by Emerson.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Chxta ] ++
    Anyone with pictures of the press conference?
    Is it fun to see pictures of Vieira along with the team officials sitting behind a table full of microphones?

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    I disagree Jeeks and Andy. To me, Emerson should be given a more advanced role. Emerson is the more polished- and better alround player. The brazilian has better all round technique and much more smarts, he rarely makes a wrong decision when passing the ball forward. Anyone judging from his roma days and especially Leverkusen days would agree.

The Vieira singing will see a more 'loose' Emerson next season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)