Patrice Evra (4 Viewers)

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Evra offers absolutely nothing on the pitch anymore, I'd probably even field Mattiello or Chiellini at LB over him at the moment, completely srs. He has been average or simply bad in all his games since last year started. He was the ONLY weak link in our 2015 CL final team and was the worst player of the French National team in the Euros, and had a hand in probably all goals France conceded. Anyone remember a game where he has been man of the match? A match winner or a decider? A game where he deserves a rating over a 7? A game where he has made a game deciding, last minute tackle? A game where he has scored/assisted an crucial goal? I can't. Seems like in every game he has been uninspiring, has made tons of mistakes and has absolutely no attacking impetus like he had in his golden years.

Off the pitch however, it's another story. He's a hilarious and fun persona, everyone loves him, he makes his new teammates feel welcomed, his social media posts has upped Juve's status and he is a leader to the young lads like a mini-Buffon. He has tons of experience of winning the CL and the PL, and has played with world class stars all his life.

It's a good time for him to leave.

Jun 6, 2015
Evra offers absolutely nothing on the pitch anymore, I'd probably even field Mattiello or Chiellini at LB over him at the moment, completely srs. He has been average or simply bad in all his games since last year started. He was the ONLY weak link in our 2015 CL final team and was the worst player of the French National team in the Euros, and had a hand in probably all goals France conceded. Anyone remember a game where he has been man of the match? A match winner or a decider? A game where he deserves a rating over a 7? A game where he has made a game deciding, last minute tackle? A game where he has scored/assisted an crucial goal? I can't. Seems like in every game he has been uninspiring, has made tons of mistakes and has absolutely no attacking impetus like he had in his golden years.

Off the pitch however, it's another story. He's a hilarious and fun persona, everyone loves him, he makes his new teammates feel welcomed, his social media posts has upped Juve's status and he is a leader to the young lads like a mini-Buffon. He has tons of experience of winning the CL and the PL, and has played with world class stars all his life.

It's a good time for him to leave.
:sergio:Let's not rewrite history. You are talking completely out of your ass which makes me question how closely you followed our CL campaign that season. He was one of our best performers.

http://www.juventuz.com/threads/39805-Patrice-Evra/page39

This and the next page are thoughts after the CL final.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
:sergio:Let's not rewrite history. You are talking completely out of your ass which makes me question how closely you followed our CL campaign that season. He was one of our best performers.

http://www.juventuz.com/threads/39805-Patrice-Evra/page39

This and the next page are thoughts after the CL final.
Yeah you got me on that one, he had some good moments in the 15-16 season (still the weakest player in the starting XI) but nonetheless, like I said in my original comment, his decline started since the beginning of 2016. After that it has been nothing but downhill and average/downright horrible games. Right now he offers nothing but memes and locker room spirit.

Jun 6, 2015
Yeah you got me on that one, he had some good moments in the 15-16 season (still the weakest player in the starting XI) but nonetheless, like I said in my original comment, his decline started since the beginning of 2016. After that it has been nothing but downhill and average/downright horrible games. Right now he offers nothing but memes and locker room spirit.
He was in no way our weakest player in the XI during that CL campaign, actually he was one of the best performers during the knockouts. Last season he was still decent but I agree he is past it now and is rightly replaced.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Has been a very useful signing. He still has something to offer but his services would be better off elsewhere both for him, for us, and the club he joins. He still has a year left on the higher level but we are stacked on LB, and with a four man backline he wouldn't be good enough to be used as a CB. Thanks for everything and wish you the best wherever you go.
Saying he is a poor player is just exaggerating, he is not as good this season as the last but he is still a good LB if not for a starting LB then for a rotational LB. Our squad is just too big and we need to cut legs if we want to stack up our midfield.

InterMerda

Feb 9, 2016
At United he is promised a manegerial and maybe that's why he is still thinking, Valencia is in the picture as well. He has all the right to think and decide what to do.
He would still get a managerial roll at united even if he decides to stay with us until his contract runs out but of course that would not be convenient for anyone. Valencia would be the option if he still wants to play but he´ll probably end up at manure as that is his "home". Good luck Patrice and retire already.

Jun 6, 2015
Gaya isn't in anyway a certain starter for Valencia. From what I've heard he has been very underwhelming (just like most Valencia players) and that has led to Siqueira being played in recent games instead. Even this old Evra is defensively better than either of the aforementioned players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)