Patrice Evra (5 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Beppe: “Evra is still with us. He was not called up by mutual agreement, as he is considering his future,” director of sport Marotta told Mediaset Premium.

“It’s only right he’s taking a moment to reflect, as his contract will expire in June, he is 35 years old going towards 36. We’ll see next week.

“I don’t think we need to find a replacement, as we have internal options like Kwadwo Asamoah and Federico Mattiello.”

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
We had Evra, Asamoah, Padoin and Mattiello (for 6 months) in 2015. We were lucky Evra was healthy through out the year as Asa missed half the season and Pado looked not terrible the few times he played (atleast defensively). Last season we had AS, Evra and Pado (Asa again missed a lot of games). Now AS is injured (no idea until when) and a broken Asa and Mattiello are his only backups if Evra leaves. Could be ugly if we are without AS for a while or worse, if he gets injured around March/April. So wat do if Pat leaves? I dont believe we will leave it as it is. Kolasinac wont come before June most likely. Loan someone is an option but whos gonna give us a good LB on a loan at this point? If we buy someone we will most likely overpay and that, with Kolasinac coming in in summer, would make no sense. So i definitely hope Evra stays till June

Aug 1, 2003
evra needs to stay or we find someone good stat. He's the only reliable alternative if Alex sandro is not available. I would cry tears of disappointment if we are stuck with asamoah and matiello for CL this season

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I don't think Assamoah is that much worse than Evra in LB, at least he hasn't made a tournament exiting mistake recently like Evra has, so I'd say pretty reliable. Sandro-Asa-random CB/CM might be ok enough for LB, it's unlikely Sandro will be out for much longer anyway. Besides, playing BBC in a 4 man defense would not be that bad, Barza used to do ok at RB, I'm sure Chiello could pretend to be a LB again if the need arises.

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
I seriously don't mind that, only problem would be is if Sandro were to be sidelined for a very long time. But even then, Evra's become too unreliable to make a difference in that situation, in the important games that is. Asamoah and Mattiello will provide cover if need be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)