Patrice Evra (1 Viewer)

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Yeah I agree that Evra and Asamoah together on the left didn't work at all but we can't expect Alex Sandro to play 50+ games during this season.
Could you please stop with this retarded argument. Nobody wants any of our players to play 90 min in every game. The argument is that Allegri should start hes best Line up in the CHL, and rotate in seria A. We are 4 games into the season, I am sure nobody would die if they played 4 games in 4 weeks, especially not AS who did not go on international duty.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 6, 2015
Could you please stop with this retarded argument. Nobody wants any of our players to play 90 min in every game. The argument is that Allegri should start hes best Line up in the CHL, and rotate in seria A. We are 4 games into the season, I am sure nobody would die if they played 4 games in 4 weeks, especially not AS who did not go on international duty.
We have a very busy schedule whether you like it or not. 4 games in 4 weeks would be like a dream but sadly we have a game every three days.

And this notion that Serie A games are somehow less important than CL games is stupid as well. We can't field a B team in a tough away fixture in Serie A and expect a win.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
It's start of the season so I think players are more than capable for 2 games a week. I'd expect tired legs around March/April and then we'd need to rotate more. Right now, especially in the crucial CL encounters where you play against your direct competitor for 1st place, the best team should play. The decision to field Evra was tactical one not to give AS more rest imho.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
We have a very busy schedule whether you like it or not. 4 games in 4 weeks would be like a dream but sadly we have a game every three days.

And this notion that Serie A games are somehow less important than CL games is stupid as well. We can't field a B team in a tough away fixture in Serie A and expect a win.
We played 4 club games in the last four weeks. And yes the first CHL game against probably our biggest competitor for first place is not the place to rest players. Do it against Seria A, against teams other than Napoli, Roma, Merda, Milan, Lazio, Fiorentina. If we do happen to loss a point because of rotation we have 38 matches to make up for it.

Jun 6, 2015
It's start of the season so I think players are more than capable for 2 games a week. I'd expect tired legs around March/April and then we'd need to rotate more. Right now, especially in the crucial CL encounters where you play against your direct competitor for 1st place, the best team should play. The decision to field Evra was tactical one not to give AS more rest imho.
It doesn't work like that. You want the players to remain in peak physical condition throughout the season. You can't just play them until they are physically totally done and risk injuries doing so. We will see a lot of rotation throughout the season at the wingback position because it's physically very taxing with most of the running being done on high intensity.

- - - Updated - - -

We played 4 club games in the last four weeks. And yes the first CHL game against probably our biggest competitor for first place is not the place to rest players. Do it against Seria A, against teams other than Napoli, Roma, Merda, Milan, Lazio, Fiorentina. If we do happen to loss a point because of rotation we have 38 matches to make up for it.
You are of course neglecting the international games and we have had a game every three days from Sassuolo onwards and we have Merda next. Three games in a week for a wingback who has to do all the work on the wing is quite a push.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
In important games only the very best should play and last night was one of those. There are very few opportunities in CL to make up points and last night's result might haunt us in the end. It could be the difference between finishing 1st and getting an easy adversary or someone like Bayern in the 2nd round.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
It doesn't work like that. You want the players to remain in peak physical condition throughout the season. You can't just play them until they are physically totally done and risk injuries doing so. We will see a lot of rotation throughout the season at the wingback position because it's physically very taxing with most of the running being done on high intensity.

- - - Updated - - -

You are of course neglecting the international games and we have had a game every three days from Sassuolo onwards and we have Merda next. Three games in a week for a wingback who has to do all the work on the wing is quite a push.
Neither AS or Evra was on international duty, and if AS should be rested it should
Have bin against Sassulo. I dont know why you go on about this, every other top team in the world understand that you play your strongest team in the CHL matches, and rest players against lesser opposition in the league. Its common sense.

Jun 6, 2015
In important games only the very best should play and last night was one of those. There are very few opportunities in CL to make up points and last night's result might haunt us in the end. It could be the difference between finishing 1st and getting an easy adversary or someone like Bayern in the 2nd round.
Five games is more than enough to turn the tide.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
:tup:

Jun 6, 2015
Neither AS or Evra was on international duty, and if AS should be rested it should
Have bin against Sassulo. I dont know why you go on about this, every other top team in the world understand that you play your strongest team in the CHL matches, and rest players against lesser opposition in the league. Its common sense.
Not true at all. Plenty of the big teams rotate in the CL too just like Bayern did for example. I don't understand the drama about fielding the said players although it turned out to be the wrong decision fielding both Asa and Evra.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Bayern in the same group with Atletico, we try to avoid them by finishing 2nd

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Not true at all. Plenty of the big teams rotate in the CL too just like Bayern did for example. I don't understand the drama about fielding the said players although it turned out to be the wrong decision fielding both Asa and Evra.
So you would be okay with resting Higuain and Dybala against Lyon for example so they could be ready to play Palermo or whoever in the weekend?

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Of course not. Completely stupid comparison and I'm pretty sure we won't find common ground on this so probably better move on.
So resting AS and Pjanic for Evra and Asamoah is completly different from resting Higuain and Dybala for Mandzu and Pjaca. How about just Mandzu for Higuain? Higuain cant play every game and Seria A is just as important as CHL according to your argument.

Jun 6, 2015
So resting AS and Pjanic for Evra and Asamoah is completly different from resting Higuain and Dybala for Mandzu and Pjaca. How about just Mandzu for Higuain? Higuain cant play every game and Seria A is just as important as CHL according to your argument.
Not happy that we rotated both Pjanic and Alex Sandro we could probably have gotten away with rotating just one of them. Same goes for the forwards rotating one of them for Mandzu/Pjaca would be fine. My point was more towards us facing Palermo or some other weak team on the weekend sadly we don't have that luxury this time around.

And naturally CL takes precedence the further it goes but week one at home against Sevilla will not be the most important game of our season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)