Patrice Evra (28 Viewers)

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
This guy is LB not LWB and you can clearly see it. Alex Sandro is on a different level and I wont ever understand why Evra started over him. I think Allegri should know by now that Sandro is a little monster on that left flank for me he is best rounded LB/LWB in the game and he has to start.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
This guy is LB not LWB and you can clearly see it. Alex Sandro is on a different level and I wont ever understand why Evra started over him. I think Allegri should know by now that Sandro is a little monster on that left flank for me he is best rounded LB/LWB in the game and he has to start.
With four at the back he is an offensive fullback. With a 3-5-2 he adds too little offensively imo.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Dafuk

- - - Updated - - -

He's not an offensive fullback either in a back four, be it for France or for us, but he's miles better and that suits him better since we don't rely as much on him offensively.
The guy started his career as a winger and was one of the best fullbacks going forward for United. He lost some of the speed he had but that doesent suddenly make him a Chiellini in offense

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
The guy started his career as a winger and was one of the best fullbacks going forward for United. He lost some of the speed he had but that doesent suddenly make him a Chiellini in offense
He's been a defensive fullback for a while, not being a Chiellini going forward doesn't make you offensive. He's not bad while going up, he's just not all around offensive in his approach

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He's been a defensive fullback for a while, not being a Chiellini going forward doesn't make you offensive. He's not bad while going up, he's just not all around offensive imo
He can't do much without space, hes not as fast as he used to be so he can't run past opponents or carry the ball into the box. He worked well with Pogba because Paul was great at creating space which Evra could exploit, with Asamoah it wasn't that easy, we will see how he does once Pjanic settles in. Hes also a good crosser so id like him to cross the ball more when he gets it in open space, instead of playing the back pass which he often does

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
Yeah I agree that Evra and Asamoah together on the left didn't work at all but we can't expect Alex Sandro to play 50+ games during this season.
I agree too. I could have lived with Evra starting if Pjanic also started because we have to rotate our wingbacks. Unfortunately we couldn't play Cuadrado and Evra v Sassuolo because Cuadrado returned late. Then we could have played Dani Alves and Alex Sandro v Sevilla.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)