Patrice Evra (5 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
There's a level of experience which you reach when you don't over respect. Not justifying but only he knows what he was trying to do. He had a good game but it's a team effort and don't think it's fair to put all blame on him.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Simply not good enough for a night like yesterday. Too old. AS got dis.

- - - Updated - - -

you guys are overreacting, he did one costly mistake, but he wasnt as bad as you are saying
He was bad in the first leg and probably gave a better account of himself because he didn't have Robben to contend with and had Sandro protecting him. He played for his experience and if that don't come handy then I don't see why he deserves to start a game like this. Injuries aside, Sandro should always start a game of this magnitude.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
He was destroyed by Robben in the first leg and was good for large parts of this game but he should have just booted the ball away.

Don't renew his contract and AS takes over at LB/LWB

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I love him and I generally think he had a good game for most of the 90 mins but...

Trying to dribble out of defence in the 90th instead of hoofing the ball away absolutely fucked us and killed the game off. Inexcusable and someone of his experience really should know better.
No. It's easy to say that now. But truth is if you do hoof it away for 45 minutes the balls come back just as fast. A good side tries to keep some possession. What he did was completely understandable. He shouldn't have just hoofed it away. He should have done what he intended to do, but better. It was an easy dribble. The mistake was not not kicking the ball to Mars. The mistake was not doing what he wanted to do better.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
No. It's easy to say that now. But truth is if you do hoof it away for 45 minutes the balls come back just as fast. A good side tries to keep some possession. What he did was completely understandable. He shouldn't have just hoofed it away. He should have done what he intended to do, but better. It was an easy dribble. The mistake was not not kicking the ball to Mars. The mistake was not doing what he wanted to do better.
I'm sorry, but a tired defender attempting to dribble the ball 20m from his own goal and being swarmed by a team with their tails up is never the right decision. It was a high risk move that didn't pay off.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Agreed, but it was 91st minute and no one would have held it against him if he just hoofed the ball.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Agreed, but it was 91st minute and no one would have held it against him if he just hoofed the ball.
Yeah it was the 91st minute, not the 80th or 70th.
If you're in that mindset it is tough to get out of. Also, hoof it away in the 90th, it comes back within 10 seconds. Keep possession and you might play out the remainder of the game. It was completely understandable. It's the poor execution that bothers me.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
If you're in that mindset it is tough to get out of. Also, hoof it away in the 90th, it comes back within 10 seconds. Keep possession and you might play out the remainder of the game. It was completely understandable. It's the poor execution that bothers me.
Are you serious with this? Dude, he lost the fuckin' ball right in front of our box in 91st minute of the game, coupled with the fact that he went away from his position in the process, which opened up space for Costa to make a cross.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Cannot get over what he did last night. I know it's unfair to single him out for criticism, but that was just inexplicable. I liked Evra a lot, but that was a black mark that cannot be easily erased unfortunately.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Are you serious with this? Dude, he lost the fuckin' ball right in front of our box in 91st minute of the game, coupled with the fact that he went away from his position in the process, which opened up space for Costa to make a cross.
So? My point is that he shouldn't have lost the ball. You lot blame him for not being a moron. That's just silly. Blame him for not executing what he intended to do correctly. Also, one mistake and you're all saying how he's getting old and should be replaced.. You lot are ridiculous. I've seen him play so many good games, even this very season. Sure, Alex Sandro is an absolute monster. But why we'd have to get rid of Evra is beyond my comprehension.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)