Patrice Evra (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
Evra is currently one of the best left-backs in the world and wouldn't be against him joining us, but I just don't see it happening. IMO i think that Secco will bring back De Ceglie and also buy Grosso, which I hope he does.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
pay a third of the cost for grosso, bring back de ceglie and develop him under grosso...we should be looking to spend the larger amount on a centre back.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Juve Eye Up Evra

Juventus could be set to launch a transfer bid for Manchester United full back Patrice Evra, according to Il Giorno.

The Bianconeri are almost certain to sign a new left back for next season, as Christian Molinaro has failed to convince that he has the quality available to be a regular in this position.

Juve have been linked with a number of players, and transfer chief Alessio Secco’s shortlisted players include Catania star Juan Vargas, Lyon's Fabio Grosso, and Fiorentina's Manuel Pasqual.

Il Giorno says that Juve could be set to make an ambitious move for Man Utd star Patrice Evra.

The French international has established himself into one of the best wing backs in Europe since signing for the Red Devils from Monaco in January 2006.

However Evra’s contract at Old Trafford runs out in June 2009, and talks over a new deal have failed as yet to bear any fruit.

With this in mind Man Utd may be forced to sell Evra this summer, rather than risk losing him on a Bosman transfer next year.

Juventus are looking to take advantage of this situation, and it is believed that a bid of around €12.5m could be enough to sign the player.

The Bianconeri were actually heavy linked with the Senegalese-born 26-year-old before he moved to Manchester.

goal.com

soulslider

Rregula sound
May 16, 2006
Juve Eye Up EvraThe Bianconeri were actually heavy linked with the Senegalese-born 26-year-old before he moved to Manchester.
yeah , i remember that, i was really hoping he might come then, but we had Zambrotta so i guess he wasn't necessary

he would be a fantastic purchase but somehow i don't see it happening

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
12.5 million. thats alot for a LB.
If you added after LB "who's out of contract next year" then I would agree. But Evra is one of the best leftbacks in the world. He's great in both attacking and defensive play. Normally 12,5m for him would be a good price, but in this situation it could be a bit too high.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
If you added after LB "who's out of contract next year" then I would agree. But Evra is one of the best leftbacks in the world. He's great in both attacking and defensive play. Normally 12,5m for him would be a good price, but in this situation it could be a bit too high.
:agree: but i can't see Man Utd not offering him a bumper new contract sometime soon

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
But anyway I dont think it's gonna happen

EDIT: Gazzo, I agree. It would be very stupid if they dont.
They said the exact same thing about Wes Brown as well, even Fergie was resigned to losing him and then Man Utd simply dug into their deep pockets a little more

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Hell yeah. But if I had to choose between Vargas, Pasqual, Dossena and Evra, I'd gofor the latter.
He is the best player player out of those you have mentioned but as i have said i'd be hard to get him and ur forgetting a lot of factors that Secco would have to overcome

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Evra is miles ahead of Clichy imo.
care to elaborate??

Other than the few mad weeks where Clichy was as clumsy as Senderos on a bad day, he has been one of the most consistent players in the league. Imo the fact he's a much better defender than Evra gives him the slight edge.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Clichy was bought for 300,000 now thats a steal!!

But yeah, Vidic especially has been a shrewd signing by Fergie, imo the best centerback in the league.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Rio? :howler:

come on man, he's too prone to lapses of concentration, and if we're talking pace, Vidic is actually faster than Rio.

Imo Vidic, Carvalho and Terry (not on this seasons form though) are all better defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)