Past Times/ Hobbies/ (1 Viewer)

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
Hey folks, still a few weeks left till the new season begins.

To fill in the time, I'd love to know if anyone has any particular hobbies or past time that they would like to tell the rest of us about.

Anyone into football memorabilia, collecting movie stuff, or something like conspiracy theories, the occult, and so on?

Anything and everything would be interesting to me:D

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #2
    Only fair to kick of with my own stuff.

Love all that conspiracy theory bunk, if just for the ingenuity that some devotes can come up with, if nothing else.

Clasic books are also a love of mine, together with short stories and cult movies.

Any one else like to contribute?

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    I didn't realize until recently that buying CDs has become a passion for me. Since 1993 music has been my best friend and accompanied me through all kinds of ups and downs.

When I was little I used to collect post stamps.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Photography, in fact I'm waiting for my new camera to arrive right now.

I also do some occasionaly reading, about 2 books a year. :D

OP
    Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    ++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
    I didn't realize until recently that buying CDs has become a passion for me. Since 1993 music has been my best friend and accompanied me through all kinds of ups and downs.

When I was little I used to collect post stamps.

How many CD's you got Pendir? and any particular type of music/bands/performers?

OP
    Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    Photography, in fact I'm waiting for my new camera to arrive right now.

I also do some occasionaly reading, about 2 books a year. :D
    I was really in to photography about 7 - 8 years ago...really just to take pictures of the family...but before I knew it I had an EOS 250n SLR, and a Kodak DC210 digital.

Digital is certainly catching up with film, some say it's now better, but I still prefer 35mm.

The Canon Powershot S1 IS looks a real cracker...3.2 Megapixel magic...and it looks very similar to an SLR body...expensive item Martin:eek:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by kurvengeflüster ] ++
    I consider to take a Kodak DX6490. Which features convinced you to choose the Canon Powershot?
    Numero uno is the image stabilizer. No matter what camera I have, a lot of my images are always blurry, apparently my hands are shaking like an epileptic :D The image stabilizer is supposed to compensate for hand movement so that your pictures are clearer, also considering the 10x zoom. :)

Rover, I ordered mine from adorama.com but since I'm not a US resident, I don't have to pay their sales tax. :D On the whole I have a feeling analog photography is still better on quality. It's not really a fair comparison cause I've done most of my shooting with digicams but it's my impression anyway. However the number one reason for going digital to me is the convenience, I'm not exceedingly patient so when I come home from vacation I don't want to wait to develop the shots. And it's cheaper in the long run. :)

OP
    Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13

Rover, I ordered mine from adorama.com but since I'm not a US resident, I don't have to pay their sales tax. :
    If I was to try that here the British Cutoms men would personally deliver it to my door, with a demand for the full import duty tax:(
    This means there's no point ordering from the states as the import duty makes it just as expensive as ordering here.:down:

So, is it different in Norway then, or have I got you wondering?. :confused::dontcare:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Actually I lead you on.. ;) I'm not exactly sure what I'll have to pay for the import, but it's likely that they will have me pay for it. Still, thanks to the piss poor position of the old USD at the moment it's at least 20% down from the price I would pay in Norway.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    My hobbies? I play chess, read voraciously, write for a few small publications, and watch movies. Oh, and when I get a new disk, Championship Manager will once again rule supreme amoung my pass-times!

OP
    Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #16
    Actually I lead you on.. ;) I'm not exactly sure what I'll have to pay for the import, but it's likely that they will have me pay for it. Still, thanks to the piss poor position of the old USD at the moment it's at least 20% down from the price I would pay in Norway.

Lucky burger.

Have fun with your new camera.

Will you be using it for general things, or do you have something special in mind?

OP
    Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #17
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
    write for a few small publications

Hail Mikhail:cheesy:

What are these publications?

Anything on line that I can read?

Did a little writing when I was younger; once wrote a novel and part of a follow up. Never took it any further than proof reading it and passing it round some friends and family. In fact I wonder where those discs are now:confused:

Oh well:frown: Just have to write something new I guess to fill in the time till the start of the season:cool:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++
    What are these publications?

Anything on line that I can read?
    Student newspapers, local club's match programme and fanzine, nothing serious. Some the the fanzine stuff should be available on the web in the coming months - we're setting up a website.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++
    Lucky burger.

Have fun with your new camera.

Will you be using it for general things, or do you have something special in mind?
    Nah, just the usual casual no purpose shots I always take. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)