Paris attacks (10 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I do know the words but won't be singing it. They are putting the words up on the screen for the home fans. What they've done is a nice touch really.

I suppose Belgium is a higher risk given the background and situation in areas like Molenbeek. But Wembley is still crawling with armed police.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011

States saying no. Finally.
Way to go Cam.
I swear the USA is the most hypocritical piece of shit nation in the world, all the principles your exceptionalism is built on have long been abandoned, with marching pace your country is becoming the miserable drunk in the back if the bar shouting " I couldve been an astronat" while drinking up his child allowance. Fuj. Measured on responsibility the US should be taking in more of these poor souls than the rest of the world combined.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Way to go Cam.
I swear the USA is the most hypocritical piece of shit nation in the world, all the principles your exceptionalism is built on have long been abandoned, with marching pace your country is becoming the miserable drunk in the back if the bar shouting " I couldve been an astronat" while drinking up his child allowance. Fuj. Measured on responsibility the US should be taking in more of these poor souls than the rest of the world combined.
:tup:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Way to go Cam.
:tup:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Motherfuckers are arming Al Qaeda again and refuse to takd in any of the refugees this creates.
The ignorance is incredible. Guys like Hustini or Andy who seem so normal on the surface go batshit crazy over these things. That's what relentless indoctrination does..

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I do know the words but won't be singing it. They are putting the words up on the screen for the home fans. What they've done is a nice touch really.

I suppose Belgium is a higher risk given the background and situation in areas like Molenbeek. But Wembley is still crawling with armed police.
Belgium is a higher risk, but you can't cave this way. What's next? Cancelling the Euros?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
The ignorance is incredible. Guys like Hustini or Andy who seem so normal on the surface go batshit crazy over these things. That's what relentless indoctrination does..
I feel they are so much isolated from the rest of the world which makes them give less importance to what's happening. Technically, there isn't much individuals like Hustini and Andy could do considering how States functions and how things are viewed from there, but I would expect some sympathy and acknowledge the fact that these refugees had two options (fight and most probably die or run) no other choice, and the chances are you're going to run when you have a wife and kids. This is simple to look at really.

Europeans (Russia included) and Americans consider that they have no obligation to have their doors open for refugees (I would somehow understand this if not most of them are involved in the chaos, example: The Lebanese made a mistake to open their doors to the Palestinians refugees 50-60 years ago when our political condition wasn't the best and add to that is the fact that Palestinians refugees came with their arms and were fighting the Israeli's from Lebanese territory) This example is something I would understand if it was the case with the West, but when you are involved in the chaos and the refugees who are running towards you are mostly women and children but still refuse the idea of opening your door to them is nothing but proving how hypocrite one can be. They would probably care more if the dog is slaughtered in China than thousands of civilians.

Andy, Hustini my friends, and others as-well who are isolating themselves from this, your countries have obligations to open their doors for being part of this politically (at least for women and children), Europe (Russia included), States, China, Gulf countries all have obligations.

Anyway, the whole refugee issue could have been solved if the war in Syria was/is put an end to it, again it's simple math, if you are worried about the possibility that couples or tens of the refugees will turn out terrorists ask your governments to stop fueling wars because I am sure no one loves to leave his home or land in a 50$ plastic made boat and risk the lives of his and his family and starve for few days until they have reached a safe soil just to kill people.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Functionally talking:

I'm European, I come from a country that was a colony for roughly four centuries and experienced everything bad that oppressed people get done to them, I have comparatively no obligation to any refugee from a post colonial situation as I live in one myself. My state is the third most generous country in Europe and is significantly poorer than the two countries ahead of it. My country has never invaded anybody, we have sheltered people from many wars (including Bosnians, whose football fans wouldn't even observe a minute's silence in our national stadium last night). If none of this matters, then why does the nuance of the Middle East matter?

Yet, we all contribute to exploitation in the world, we all have a human responsibility to each other, this is completely correct. However, when we deny the functional differences we come up with dysfunctional solutions. So whatever this 'European' obligation is, you must start with a place like Ireland and more upwards from there, not apply blanket obligations on 'European' states.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Functionally talking:

I'm European, I come from a country that was a colony for roughly four centuries and experienced everything bad that oppressed people get done to them, I have comparatively no obligation to any refugee from a post colonial situation as I live in one myself. My state is the third most generous country in Europe and is significantly poorer than the two countries ahead of it. My country has never invaded anybody, we have sheltered people from many wars (including Bosnians, whose football fans wouldn't even observe a minute's silence in our national stadium last night). If none of this matters, then why does the nuance of the Middle East matter?

Yet, we all contribute to exploitation in the world, we all have a human responsibility to each other, this is completely correct. However, when we deny the functional differences we come up with dysfunctional solutions. So whatever this 'European' obligation is, you must start with a place like Ireland and more upwards from there, not apply blanket obligations on 'European' states.
Your own citizens committed "terrorist" attacks for years, against the British occupiers, and at times in the name of religion Catholic vs Protestant...

How is that any different than Islamic people committing terrorist attacks against nations they see as occupiers?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Functionally talking:

Let's not even talk about history and moral obligations. The USA and all European states are member states to the Refugee Convention. It's as easy as that really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)