Paris attacks (1 Viewer)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@Ocelot

Here's a companion piece to that Atlantic article, where Bernard Haykel expounds further and clarifies some of the more ambiguous bits of the article. Stuff that Wood left out in making the article at times a little more one-sided than it needed to be.

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2015/02/20/3625446/atlantic-left-isis-conversation-bernard-haykel/

It's conclusion is simple. Yes. But honest.

Taken together, Haykel’s comments appeared to argue that effectively combating ISIS will require more than discerning what “ISIS wants,” theologically speaking. Instead, it also requires a deep, abiding dedication to providing what most Muslims in the region want, and what Wood only briefly addresses in his article: stability, jobs, education, and, most of all, peace.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'd say those three things are certainly there... But in essence I do agree with their point, even if the way they go about presenting it leaves something to be desired.
It also reads like an evergreen article they just pull out of the vault when the opportunity in the news presents itself.

delrey

Jan 5, 2009
Deport all imigrants to Africa and middle east where they belong
I agree about deporting them, BUT, this was false flag operation by DGSE. They need excuse to intervene in Syria because terorist are starting to lose there. They must do anything to prevent Russia and Asad win the war.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Iirc, the original plan for the 9/11 attacks hoped for the west to respond brutally to muslims in general, leading to a general muslim uprising against the west. I can't find the source right now, but I think it was either a high-ranking Al Qaeda member or leaked documents that came out a few years ago.

Now Al Qaeda is not ISIS, but I do believe that their strategists aren't too unhappy about further confrontation and distrust between muslims & non-muslims in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw @Ford Prefect @Post Ironic @Maddy @Osman concerning the topic of the sanity/insanity of those commiting such horribly acts in general, I can highly recommand you the movie "The radical evil" by Stephan Ruzowitzky. It concerns itself primarily with German soldiers in the German occupied territories during WW II, and deals with exactly those questions discussed here. I don't know if there's a version with English subs available, but if you find one, watch it. One of the most interesting documentaries I've ever seen.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...he-film-that-nobody-wants-to-see-9959093.html
Cheers.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Why would a suicide bomber carry a passport with him? Also, how did they find the damn passport if the fucker blew himself up?
Just letting you know the following before any thoughts of conspiracy gets out of hand. Hollande and the French government have absolutely no interest in linking a 'refugee' with the terrorist attacks.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Just letting you know the following before any thoughts of conspiracy gets out of hand. Hollande and the French government have absolutely no interest in linking a 'refugee' with the terrorist attacks.
My God.. If this turns out to be true that's a disaster..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)