Papa's got a brand new bag (2 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
swag said:
Nice, Z, and congrats on the upgrades.

I'm about to overhaul my whole mobile phone thing to something from this millennium as well ... probably a Treo 650 or 700.

The bigger shift for me (and I'm largely a techno dinosaur -- surprising given my day job) is that I decided to "clean house" in the audio department and go all digital with a Sonos system:

Pricey, yes, but I'll let anyone interested know if it's worth it. Should be arriving within a week to replace all my physical media/audio components.
Update: man, I hate what computer security has done to us.

I spent all day replacing my wireless network at home with a pre-N job. Then tried to get workgroup sharing stuff to work right -- made all the more complicated by firewall software configs that had to be changed. Ultimately, I got the Sonos system set up tonight, however. And I must say -- it's expensive, and it's not for monster-sized stereo fanatics, and it's less useful if you're not going all digital with your music collection ... but it's seriously badass. :D :thumbs:

Every component updates its software wirelessly off the Internet. And the software and design are really clever. And you can do amazing things -- such as synchronizing the music in multiple rooms (a real engineering challenge to do that without echoes, mind you).

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
swag said:
Update: man, I hate what computer security has done to us.

I spent all day replacing my wireless network at home with a pre-N job. Then tried to get workgroup sharing stuff to work right -- made all the more complicated by firewall software configs that had to be changed. Ultimately, I got the Sonos system set up tonight, however. And I must say -- it's expensive, and it's not for monster-sized stereo fanatics, and it's less useful if you're not going all digital with your music collection ... but it's seriously badass. :D :thumbs:

Every component updates its software wirelessly off the Internet. And the software and design are really clever. And you can do amazing things -- such as synchronizing the music in multiple rooms (a real engineering challenge to do that without echoes, mind you).
The Pre-N sounds amazing. How long will it take for the n to be ratified? Seems like finally we are getting somewhere in the wireless world. Am interested in the day to day problems you encounter with this setup so pls keep the update coming. :)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Ali said:
The Pre-N sounds amazing. How long will it take for the n to be ratified? Seems like finally we are getting somewhere in the wireless world. Am interested in the day to day problems you encounter with this setup so pls keep the update coming. :)
Will do. Pre-N seems to have great range and throughput, but you need the network adapters to be compliant as well to take advantage of it. And you bet I'm running it with WEP. I don't want half of Oakland starting spam cannon businesses on my network from across the Bay. :p

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
With an 8.9mbps at 160 feet range the spammers will have a field day without WEP. Did you get the Belkin Pre-N?

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Just got this baby!

Its got

1)3mp camera
2)3G - for video conferencing & high speed data transfer
3)Built-in Wi-Fi
4)Bluetooth,infrared
5)MP3/AAC Player
6)40MB internal memory,i bought a 2G mini sd card

Brillianty phone! I asked the sales lady if gave blowjobs but she offered her services instead! And NO i didnt take up her offer,she was damn FUGLY!

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Actually no,most people buy phones to show off with and cant even navigate through the phone other than dialling numbers.

Trust me jeeks 3G is great, my girlfriend & i have found it very useful!:p :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)