Paolos special homecoming (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Paolo De Ceglie aims to shake off his European Championship disappointment by beginning his preparations for the 2012/13 season on home soil.
The Aosta-born full-back, whose consistent displayers were rewarded with a fresh five-year deal in March, saw his Euro 2012 aspirations dashed by an injury picked up towards the end of the campaign.
“Unfortunately the slight injury put a stop to any possibility of being involved,” admitted Paolo in a lunchtime press conference. “I hoped I’d make it, but that’s how it went. We’ll now get going again and I hope there will be other opportunities to make my international debut."
But De Ceglie is no stranger to overcoming hurdles. After making a full comeback from the ligament injury sustained at the San Siro back in 2010, the full-back found himself up against Reto Ziegler and Marcelo Estigarribia in challenging for a first-team place at the start of last season.
And the defender believes the fierce competition for a place in Antonio Conte’s starting line-up is good for all concerned.
“It’s always a motivation for us. There are never any guarantees here at Juventus and it’s right that there’s more than one player for every role. Healthy competition for places allows the manager to select those who are in form and deserve their spot at that particular time.”
The Bianconeri’s return to Val d’Aosta for the first time since 2003 represents a homecoming for De Ceglie, who regularly visited Chatillon as a starry-eyed youngster to watch his boyhood idols in action.
“It’s nice to be back here. When I was younger I used to come here with my dad. It’s exciting to now be part of it as a player and see all my family and people I know from Aosta.”
The second press conference of the week drew to a close with Paolo confirming that he will be in peak physical condition come the dawn of the new season.
“I can do almost everything. I still need to get a bit of strength back because an operation, however small it may be, always takes a bit away from you. So I’ll work on that but I’m available from now onwards.”

Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)