Paolo De Ceglie (15 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
We have the best defensive record in Serie A despite having 2 good defenders (Chiellini and Licht). Bonnuci (a very bad defender) has been starting almost regularly and yet we have looked good. Why? because of our midfield. Our midfield has been the key behind our form this year.

Conte taught the team how to keep the ball and how to retrieve it once its lost anywhere on the pitch. This leaves our defense less exposed and less tested than ever before and now whoever plays (even bonucci) looks better than what he would look like if we didnt keep the ball and apply pressure so well.

If we get a really good CB and FB in defense for the first team, the difference in quality would show but not by the extent one would expect.

Our main priority should be to Maintain if not improve the quality of that midfield in addition to upping the strike force.

Buy on AliExpress.com

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
and perhaps a backup RB too, Martin has done so well at CB, we should perhaps utilise gim there ezclusively.
I think Bonucci eventually will improve. So we have, Barza, Chiellini and Bonucci at CB. Martin and Licht at RB, and PDC and Chiellini at LB. Just bring back Ziegler as Back up he won't be that bad I suppose.
Te tere Shqiptaret ashtu jan :p
True but not sad ahha!
one thing I like about PDC is he comes off as a person who works really hard to earn his place in the team again
He really works hard. Did you see the pass pirlo gave to him it was almost impossible to reach and reached it. And I think he is faster now for some reason. He can take on defenders.

Sep 30, 2006
We have the best defensive record in Serie A despite having 2 good defenders (Chiellini and Licht). Bonnuci (a very bad defender) has been starting almost regularly and yet we have looked good. Why? because of our midfield. Our midfield has been the key behind our form this year.

Conte taught the team how to keep the ball and how to retrieve it once its lost anywhere on the pitch. This leaves our defense less exposed and less tested than ever before and now whoever plays (even bonucci) looks better than what he would look like if we didnt keep the ball and apply pressure so well.

If we get a really good CB and FB in defense for the first team, the difference in quality would show but not by the extent one would expect.

Our main priority should be to Maintain if not improve the quality of that midfield in addition to upping the strike force.
i agree with the midfield point..however you dropped Barzagli, who's definitely our best defender this season!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)