Paolo De Ceglie (71 Viewers)

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Yea...I'd rather invest in attack and one more mid in case Vidal\Cheesio\Pirlo get injured\suspended. PDC\Caceres\Chiellini for LB...isn't toooo bad.

Camurria

Oct 10, 2011
Sorry, but I disagree. I think we shouldn't keep him. No disrespect to De Ceglie, but he's had his chances in the past. And never made a name for himself. I know his injuries got into his way, but I feel the time has come where it's time to let him go. We just need a better Left back, someone who is in form, consistent and who has more class. Currently speaking, De Ceglie is just not good enough for this squad, especially when we compare him with the other players on paper. He's already 25 years old, and yet hasn't done anything to even prove himself to be good enough for us if you ask me. Sure, he still has a lot of time, but most of his time has been already wasted and its now gone.

Camurria

Oct 10, 2011
You wouldn't keep him as a backup? I mean, if he's alright with the idea of being a backup and he loves the club, it's all good.

But yeah, we need a better starter.
Granted we got Cacares, but let's be real here.. defensively speaking.. he's just not up to it, in comparison to Lichstiener. He's a great dynamic player who can even play as a CB or a wingback, but at the end.. I wouldn't depend on two offensive fullbacks. Cacares is a great starter in my books, and De Ceglie will surely be a great subsitute.

But a player like Kolarov for example.. would be the ideal choice for me. Seeing as we use to be linked with himself as well.

Camurria

Oct 10, 2011
we will not sell de ceglie, considering the offensive wingback option he gives us + good form this year
Very true, as he does come in handly in a 3-5-2, although I'm not the biggest fan for that formation. He did start off the season bad, as we all saw his horrendous tackle against Parma in our first game, but I'll give him credit with his current performances, he's surely proven me wrong.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Sorry, but I disagree. I think we shouldn't keep him. No disrespect to De Ceglie, but he's had his chances in the past. And never made a name for himself. I know his injuries got into his way, but I feel the time has come where it's time to let him go. We just need a better Left back, someone who is in form, consistent and who has more class. Currently speaking, De Ceglie is just not good enough for this squad, especially when we compare him with the other players on paper. He's already 25 years old, and yet hasn't done anything to even prove himself to be good enough for us if you ask me. Sure, he still has a lot of time, but most of his time has been already wasted and its now gone.
Eh? He's a pretty good and handy (read versatile) squad player and he has put in quite a few good performances for us this season. Why would we sell him?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)