Paolo De Ceglie (1 Viewer)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I knew he had it in him, unlike some people in this thread :)

Lol knew I would read stuff like this in this after todays game, so typical hehe. De Ceglie was De Ceglie as we allways known him, can go forward decently with some momentum of speed and make crosses, but cant defend for shit, the exception of todays decent outing is that he wasnt tested defensively at all. So yeah nothing new.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Could work out like Marcell Jansen worked out to be a decent winger in that position. I think he could make a good squad player in either position. Don't get all the flack he gets anyway, he doesn't complain and does his best when called upon; everything you want from a squad player imo.

mabuchaq

Nov 30, 2011
I said it before and I will say it again, I would like to try him as the left forward of a 4-3-3.
Ranieri used to play him as LW in a 4-4-2, he wasn't that impressive.
The guy needs space to make good runs and cross, otherwise he'll be stuck in 1 to 1 situation where he can't really do much.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
What's so typical? You had it know it alls like Badass saying this guy sucked, couldn't cross, couldn't attack, couldn't defend etc. He definitely isn't good enough to be a starter but he is good enough to be a sub for this position.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
See here is the thing about Tuz..if a player is good he's a Messi reincarnate .. if a player is bad he's the next motta. We all do that and I do as well.

However , I think some of the flak De Ceglie gets is very undeserved. He's a solid LB and thats where it ends. No need to wrtie him off, when called upon he'll do the job adequately .

RAVANELLI

it was all a dream
Jun 4, 2011
See here is the thing about Tuz..if a player is good he's a Messi reincarnate .. if a player is bad he's the next motta. We all do that and I do as well.

However , I think some of the flak De Ceglie gets is very undeserved. He's a solid LB and thats where it ends. No need to wrtie him off, when called upon he'll do the job adequately .
Yep.
Oh, and fuck Messi.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Did brilliantly with the cross for Pepe’s goal, showed poise and elegance in turning to shoot in the area and constantly supported the offence with quick bursts forward. I am pleased for him. But…at the same time, I did not see him make even one decent tackle. A couple of useful blocks, but mainly, as expected, Giaccherini did his tackling, and Chiellini was occasionally forced into the LB area to cover him. Great assist and wonderful enthusiasm, but the jury remains out on his ability to defend, especially against stronger opposition than from what I have seen, the worst team to visit Turin this season

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Better than Molinaro. Better than Motta. Better than Grosso. Better than Ziegler.

And still not good enough for some of us. I never got why. I'd be more than happy with PDC and Caceres being cover for Licht and Cissokho/Tremoulinas/Who else are we linked to?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)