Paolo De Ceglie (67 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Guys, no one impressed yesterday, stop being gay about it and looking for victims, we win as a team and we lose as a team.

Paolo is De Man!

PS or as Romans would say, Memento Moli :D

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
No, it was DC's responsibility. He should mark players on the left side of the pitch. He was guarding the wrong player, which made nedved step in.

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
No, it was DC's responsibility. He should mark players on the left side of the pitch. He was guarding the wrong player, which made nedved step in.
No, it was Giorgio's responsibility.
a) He is the one supposed to organize the defense, and
b) He should have marked the player DC was marking, or
c) he should have marked the other player, because he was nearer than Neddy.

You can argue that DC should have marked the scorer, which is most likely true, but still, if Giorgio would have done his work, we wouldn't have conceded. And thus, he bears more responsibility for the goal.

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
Btw. Cyril, your logic perfectly underlines what Andy was saying: WE ARE NO TEAM. If one player makes a mistake, like DC did, it's only natural that your teammate steps in, as Giorgio should have.

JuveYank

Juve Ultra :D
Jun 29, 2008
I mean every player has his bad days, and yesterday it was De Ceglie. The kid is a talent and he should learn from his mistakes. Give him time and he will be awesome at Juve. Molinaro should never play for Juve in my opinion, he is dreadful!

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Name me one defender that made less mistakes against BATE
or one that had a better contribution upfront, than DC.
From the right side we had Giovinco's dribbling/passing and from the left side we had DC's crosses. Neddy cannot play 90' every two days anymore and when he was tired someone else had to do the running and crossing.
If not DC, then whom??
Besides Neddy was man marking Stasevich and followed him across the pitch, up and down, that was the very reason he was marking him at the goal.
Chiellini as the LCB, guards the left half of our box and he usually interceptes singlehandlly everything that comes near his sector...

There was no attacking plan, almost no players respect the existent or non existent attacking plan, positioning and tactical covering, or any traces of teamwork...

DC was really the last problem we had and it is silly to overlook the real and permanent problems/issues our team has...
If our champions were as good as DC was, then we could get a positive result,
or if our tactics had a reasoning, then we could be more efficient,
this team has no tactical plan, every does what he sees fit, we depend on individual efforts and not on teamwork and clear roles,
if our players dont even try to user the strengths, then we have absolutely no change in hell...

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
It's because Ranieri rotate DC with Moli too often
He still need to adapt to our defensive system alongside Chiellini, Legro, and Grygera..
Also besides that BATE second goal, DC is play well overall and not make a simple mistakes like Moli usually did

I still have hope in him

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Yes he seems to be a fantastic attacking option,I feel some people diden't reliase it was his Champions League debut and perhaps he was a tad nervous?.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Yes he seems to be a fantastic attacking option,I feel some people diden't reliase it was his Champions League debut and perhaps he was a tad nervous?.

Might well be but hope his jitters are over before the double showdown with Real and the intimidating Bernabeu awaits and I not optimistic with Molinaro starting.

pierrelb

May 9, 2008
i'd still prefer de ceglie to molinaro at the bernabeu. and i don't see why people are trying to lay blame to individual players for goals. it's not like chiellini or de ceglie did what pique did against shaktar donetsk and headed the ball into the forward's path. these guys are young and will only improve, and more often than not, they play well.

dogsarecute

Aug 7, 2008
Young players are likely to be inconsistent. You certainly do not hear Wenger criticising his youngsters everytime they lose to a lousy team. They need time to mature and asking for instant results usually do not work.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
i'd still prefer de ceglie to molinaro at the bernabeu. and i don't see why people are trying to lay blame to individual players for goals. it's not like chiellini or de ceglie did what pique did against shaktar donetsk and headed the ball into the forward's path. these guys are young and will only improve, and more often than not, they play well.
Young players are likely to be inconsistent. You certainly do not hear Wenger criticising his youngsters everytime they lose to a lousy team. They need time to mature and asking for instant results usually do not work.
:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 67)