Paolo De Ceglie (35 Viewers)

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Here's the report in English from Channel4

Juve bring back De Ceglie

Juventus have bought out the remaining half of talented young midfielder Paolo De Ceglie’s contract from Siena.

The Bianconeri youth product spent the last 12 months at Siena, where he impressed and proved decisive in keeping the club in Serie A.

This afternoon Juve announced they had bought out the remaining 50 per cent of his contract “at a cost of £2.8m, which will be provided by Juventus during the 2008-09 campaign.”

The two clubs also agreed to hand Andrea Rossi over to Siena in the entirety of his contract for £700,000.

De Ceglie is an Under-21 international who can play as both a left-back and on the left side of midfield.

Slow_Roll

In Love with a Feelin'
Mar 4, 2008
Well Imo there are two ways to look at this. We know that if our youngsters impress enough they'll get a chance to play for Juve, a chance they wouldn't get if they kept on playing for primavera. I admit it's sort of stupid spending on something you already owned but you can't really evaluate how much experience is worth now can you. If you like stupid examples then think of giving someone car parts for 10000 and then buying it as a car for 35000.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
So, we payed 3.5m eur to bring De Ceglie back to Juve.
I wonder is we'll still go for new LB to replace Molinaro ?

I had no objections keeping Molinaro as a sub, but since DC is definitely back i'd prefer Juve buying a new LB, keeping DC as a sub and Molinaro to be sold.

Albertmare

Idea Maker
Mar 24, 2006

I had no objections keeping Molinaro as a sub, but since DC is definitely back i'd prefer Juve buying a new LB, keeping DC as a sub and Molinaro to be sold.
Exactly my thought , :tup:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We sold De Ceglie for that similar amount already, so we didnt overpay. He wasnt an unknown minor rated talent like when we loaned Lanzafame to Bari and giving them a cheap fee in the clause.

De Ceglie has been a Azzurrini player for 2-3 years, and the co-own with Siena is more or less like a loan, we sell them a stake so they have incentive to play him instead of maybe not care about no one they have no stake in. And then bought him back for similar amount. They arent like a more ambitious Genoa which we have to haggle with to get back our half. The fees are mostly pre-determined.

pierrelb

May 9, 2008
happy to see de ceglie back. don't think they're going to replace molinaro, but hopefully de ceglie will make that spot his own next season so we won't have to buy a LB at all.

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
Great to have De Ceglie back,hopefully his presence in the team means that Molinaro now moves to the bench.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004

Thank you God:ultra:

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
yea was just about to say that, we haven't had a really dynamic LB in a long time...Zambro was pretty good there, but was not really a natural

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)