Paolo De Ceglie (30 Viewers)

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
De Ceglie won't leave, there's no club in Serie A that would want to sign him unless he comes on a free. DC is a Serie B player and I'm not exaggerating , I wonder if he rather plays in B than playing 10 games per season with us?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
De Ceglie won't leave, there's no club in Serie A that would want to sign him unless he comes on a free. DC is a Serie B player and I'm not exaggerating , I wonder if he rather plays in B than playing 10 games per season with us?
You think Motta is a significantly better player than De Ceglie?

Motta hasn't had any trouble finding Serie A clubs.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I agree with Red, shouldn't be a problem finding De Ceglie a club and securing a fee of 4m or something like that.

Personally, I don't ever feel at ease when he's playing for us, he has a striking capability of distancing himself from the wingers he is supposed to mark, despite them not doing anything to throw him off. He doesn't know how to commit to challenges.

His only plus side is his crossing, but he rarely gets in positions and almost never wins his 1 on 1's, even when attacking.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Fee of 4m would be pushing it.

That would be putting him almost on a level with Peluso.

Juve would be doing well to get 2m for De Ceglie just now.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Fee of 4m would be pushing it.

That would be putting him almost on a level with Peluso.

Juve would be doing well to get 2m for De Ceglie just now.
De Ceglie is younger, has a longer contract and people know that he is a better player than what he has been showing this year. I think 4m would be about right, but I would settle for less of course :)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
How many fees of more than a couple of million are spent by bottom-half Serie A clubs in any given summer?

Not many, and I doubt any of them who can afford to spend that are going to choose De Ceglie as their big signing.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
How many fees of more than a couple of million are spent by bottom-half Serie A clubs in any given summer?

Not many, and I doubt any of them who can afford to spend that are going to choose De Ceglie as their big signing.
Why wouldn't they? He's a perfectly good LB / LWB / LM for most bottom half Serie A teams, and he's only 26.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
How injury prone he is.

That Juve will be keen to get rid of him and there may well not be much competition to get him.

That his tiny Juve wage ain't so tiny to a lot of the sort of clubs who'd be interested.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Why wouldn't they? He's a perfectly good LB / LWB / LM for most bottom half Serie A teams, and he's only 26.
In his career so far he has proven only that he can be, on occasion, a useful left winger. Asking of him any defensive or covering duties is suicidal, precisely because he has zero positional intelligence/awareness and less tackling ability than even Giovinco (because Sebastian at least has a fully functioning brain). We will be very lucky to get 4m for him. 1-3m would be more realistic. It would be of little surprise to see him leave on a free. Essentially...i'll be happy when he finally leaves. For he is a ticking bomb whenever he plays.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
He may be crap, but still better than Molinaros and Pelusos.
It would be extremely unwise to sell him before we secure a proper LB, we made this mistake with Balza, who was just mediocre, but after nearly a decade, we have yet to find a LB anyway close to his value.
Italy lacks decent LBs and for some strange reason, we want our LB to be Italian, so we have to compromise.
DC is part of our option and for the matches we want an offensive orientated left wing back, DC can do that job better than Asamoah or Peluso...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)