Palladino and Volpato (4 Viewers)

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Rami ] ++
Isha what does ur avatar say??

It's a banner of the Juve-Cagliari game last may. It says: "Fumata Bianconera, Habemus scudetto" - "Black and white smoke, we have scudetto"

When a new pope is to be elected, the only way to know the results of the various votations is to look at a chimney in Piazza San Pietro. After each votation, the cardinals burn the voting papers and a colored substance in that chimney. If the smoke that comes out of it is black, it means that the votation wasn't successfull, if it's white it means that "Habemus Papam" (We have the Pope).

In this case the smoke was b/w and we have the scudetto ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by isha00 ] ++

It's a banner of the Juve-Cagliari game last may. It says: "Fumata Bianconera, Habemus scudetto" - "Black and white smoke, we have scudetto"

When a new pope is to be elected, the only way to know the results of the various votations is to look at a chimney in Piazza San Pietro. After each votation, the cardinals burn the voting papers and a colored substance in that chimney. If the smoke that comes out of it is black, it means that the votation wasn't successfull, if it's white it means that "Habemus Papam" (We have the Pope).

Ah, interesting. :)

OP
djleli

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #144
    ++ [ originally posted by isha00 ] ++

very intresting avatar :D way to go for palladino

OP
    djleli

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #148
    yeah i saw the whole match it was very broing until palaldino came in he really has a bright future in front wow he did a move the commentator said like maradonna does it he went in the box the ball in his left foot turned his right foot behind the left and he shot the ball with the right .... WOOOW and the goal was great yeah

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    U-21: Palladino sinks Moldova Tuesday 11 October, 2005

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A late goal from Raffaele Palladino concluded Italy’s European Under-21 Championship qualifying campaign with a win over Moldova.

The Azzurrini were already assured top spot in Group Five and a place in the play-off to enter the Finals, so they fielded an experimental side in this last qualifier.

The deadlock was eventually broken in the final minutes, as Graziano Pelle’ shrugged off three challenges and placed a perfect angled pass for Palladino to spring the offside trap and nutmeg the goalkeeper.

It was a splendid goal for the Livorno striker, although much of the credit must go to Lecce man Pelle’. Italy end their qualifying campaign with eight wins, a draw and a defeat on their way to defend the European Championship title.

“It wasn’t an easy game because Moldova still had a chance and were motivated, while we had several new faces, but the lads wanted to win this game and they achieved that,” said Coach Claudio Gentile.

“We allowed them far too much space to begin with, but that’s understandable for a lot of players, especially as Giorgio Chiellini was in a new position. I’d like to praise Pelle for his part in the goal and overall I was pleased with the performances of these players.”

On Friday the draw will decide who Italy must challenge in November for the right to enter the European Under-21 Championship Finals.

“Now we await the play-offs and in two games we’ll gamble with the two years of hard work it took us to reach this stage.”

Chiellini returned to the Azzurrini after a spell in the senior side and was handed the captain’s armband, even though he found himself in another unusual role.

“The Coach needed a midfielder due to the suspended players, but it was just important for me to play football! There were many youngsters here from the Under-20 side and we all gelled together, trying hard to help each other out,” said the Juventus benchwarmer.

Livorno’s Palladino is pushing for a starting place in those play-offs, as he has now scored two goals in three games for the Azzurrini.

“It’s a good time for me and I know these games are important to prove my worth to the Coach. A striker’s lot is an odd one, as there are times when you can’t score from a yard and others where you almost net by accident.”

Italy 1-0 Moldova

Scorers: Palladino 85 (I)

Italy U-21: Berni; Dellafiore, Coda, Canini, Marchese; Defendi, Chiellini, Cigarini (Donadel 82), Rosina (Galloppa 54); Pepe (Palladino 59), Pellè

Moldova U-21: St Damasco; Golovatenco, Bordian, Epureanu; Porfireanu, Sigaroas (Frantuz 84), Se Damasco, Bolohan; Bugaiov (Picusciac 46), Bordian; Calincov

Ref: Kralovec (Cze)

source: channel4.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)