Pakistan v India 2005 [Cricket] (2 Viewers)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Well i think it's time. The greatest rivals in cricket, or perhaps in all of sports, are about to clash. Only few people have had the opportunity to witness this rare match up.

Here's the schedule:

Test Match Series

8 March 2005
Mohali

Second Test Match
16 March 2005
Calcutta

Third Test Match
Mar 23 2005
Bangalore

One Days

1st ODI
Apr 01 2005
Cotchin

2nd ODI
Apr 05 2005
Vishakapatnam

3rd ODI
Apr 09 2005
Jamshedpur

4th ODI
Apr 12 2005
Ahmedabad

3rd ODI
Apr 15 2005
Kanpur

6th ODI
Apr 17 2005
Delhi

Here's a video from a match in 1986. Pakistan was playing in India. Pakistan was batting last, and was 4 runs short of a win, and there was only one delivery remaining...just watch

http://www.khandana.com/forums/harris/miandaad.WMV

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
There are several tournaments and few teams that participate in, and then they go on tours...

actually why they play against each other is as complicated as the rules of the game itself

OP
Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #10
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
    I am sure this rivalry is as big as Real-Barcelona...

We still have the Kashmir issue open...
    exactly, but yea, it's bigger than that. And we don't play each other all the time. Last time India was in Pakistan was last year after 14 years, and this time we're goin there after 6 years. During the 60's and 70's i believe, there were no matches at all because the countries were at war. So that's 20 years of no cricket between the two.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Yeah, I remember last year's encounter and how it made the headlines all over the world. (I do not remember who won though :D)

But I am really excited about this encounter. It should bring people of both nations closer to one another.

OP
    Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #12
    Yeah, I remember last year's encounter and how it made the headlines all over the world. (I do not remember who won though :D)

But I am really excited about this encounter. It should bring people of both nations closer to one another.
    Yea it was huge last year. Pakistan :down: lost, 2-3 in the One Days ,and 1-2 in the Test. And you're absolutely right, in the end it's the people who win, not any team. Both countries have made it easier to get Visas and stuff, and many have crossed the border to watch the games and to visit family they haven't seen since the partition in 1947!

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by iBianconeri ] ++

Yea it was huge last year. Pakistan :down: lost, 2-3 in the One Days ,and 1-2 in the Test. And you're absolutely right, in the end it's the people who win, not any team. Both countries have made it easier to get Visas and stuff, and many have crossed the border to watch the games and to visit family they haven't seen since the partition in 1947!
    My God!

This reminds me of the Germans in the East and West after the unification. They did the same thing.

OP
    Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #14
    Man look at this picture. People are getting on trains either to leave India or to go to India.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Do these countries play EVERY year?
    No, unless of course they end up clashing in a world cup or icc knock out tournament. However, we did play Pakistan last year, and went there for the first time in 14 years, and ended up winning both the series.

Relations between both countries were sour for long periods over the last two decades, but now peace has prevailed and everyone is getting along, lets hope it lasts.

But getting back to the cricket, hope we whip the Pakis again. What say, Ibianconeri? :p

PS: And yes, this rivalry is probably the biggest across most sports, because it brings together a lot of intensity, passion, and most importantly equal amounts of talent on both ends. Its Barca V Madrid, except on a larger scale.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Well, there is a lot of people in India :)
    Yea, and that picture was taken in black and white, so imagine what the population has gone up to in technicolour times. :)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Well, the population of India passed 1,000,000,000 people in 2001, and by 2020 India will bypass China if current rates of population growth are in place.

OP
    Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #19
    ++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
    But getting back to the cricket, hope we whip the Pakis again. What say, Ibianconeri? :p
    man i dono. We have probably the weakest squad in years. I wouldn't be suprised if you guys won again. LOL, if there's a war, it'll be the best thing for pakistan, they wouldn't have to play. But who knows!! Pakistan is the most unpredicable team on earth. You've got to agree to that!?

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)