Pablo Armero - LWB - Udinese (118 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He had 12 assists last year, so that is encouraging :D
Not taking that away from him, but I saw plenty enough Udinese games, the main reason he got so many assists is because he was the only attacking wing outlet and almost only way to get final balls through to Di Natale with low crosses/counter attacks. Rest of the midfield were more defensive and central, or their part of the build up wasnt the final balls since they didnt penetrate behind the defence as Armero did with deep runs. Especially since the other main wing productive player Isla moved to the CM position (plus injured 2nd half of the season), the task of assisting and attacking fell almost entirely on mainly on Armero's left flank. Basta scored some good goals, but he isnt really a good player or much of a crosser/dribbler so barely assisted on the right, nor were likes of Torje, Abdi, Floro Flores remotely competent in any shape or form to share the offensive/creative burden with Armero.

In comparison the previous two seasons before that when Isla was playing on his usual right wingback position and they were attacking on both flanks, he was the one who had most assists and naturally easily impressed more then Armero. In a nutshell, I expect Armero to be good enough on his task, but dont look at those numbers and expect too much from him. He wont be the main offensive outlet which to rely almost all the crosses/and final passes for in Juve to say the least like he was last season (thankfully not as limited, one track minded as last seasons Udinese, mainly 2nd half of ze season Udinese). Though I expect alot of great runs behind the opposition defence in which Pirlo can easily feed too.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Armero on the left, Isla on the right with Pirlo's killer passes :shocked: the opposition defenses won't know what hit them.

All we would need is someone who can put the ball in the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 117)