Outlandish (1 Viewer)

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
Truly 1 of a kind. They make mind blowing music. I dont have to go on because their music does the talking. Everyone should check them out.

Outland

With their debut album Outland’s Official, the Danish Rap group Outlandish is taking their stand. The group came into existence in 1997 with the single "Pacific To Pacific", inconnection with an Amnesty International charity. The year after came the single "Saturday Night", a song later to be included on the soundtrack for the Danish movie Pizza King.

Outlandish is in no way a typical Danish rap group. The three members of the group Isam Bachiri, Lenny Martinez and Waqas Qadri have different backgrounds: Morocco, Honduras and Pakistan respectively. And it is thus, bringing together these very different sources of inspiration, that the musical result is quite unique. The foundation is rap but it is ornamented with a very secure feel for a carrying melody that gives the listener a ‘hook-line’ experience...

...At the same time the heartbeat of the music beats with the traditions of Arabia, Latin America and Asia making it hard to label. Other than pop music from the whole world, in the whole world. And Broendby Strand, Denmark, the habitat of Outlandish.
The themes for the songs on Outland’s Official varies, but often touches on subjects like faith, tradition, culture, uneasiness, unjustice and love, selfconfidence and hope. There is in many ways a hue of social indignation in the lyrics much in the likes of artists like Common, Lauryn Hill and Asian Dub Foundation. The beat Outlandish produce is undisputable though; the flow of the vocals is so intense and rhythmical, it is possible to dance to the bare vocal tracks and sing along at same time.

The album is for a large part produced by Outlandish, Madness 4 Real, Ezi Cut
and Supa Flyas.

http://www.outlandmoro.com

download any of their songs, they dont have one track that you skip.
Here are some I like
-Belly Dance
-Aicha
-Fatima's hand
-Peelo
-Walou
-Love Joint
-Life Is A Loom
-The Bond Between Us
-Guantanamo
and all the others:cool:ez

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
MCPIERO

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    Walou is great, and Aisha is quite good too.
    These are both wicked tracks. Im glad you like them. These are the singles along with guantanomo. Check the other tracks, believe me they are great.

Aisha was nice but it's too monotonous for my taste
    This is the only straight R&B ballad song they have. Every track of theirs differs and dont sound alike.

OP
    MCPIERO

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    Same here. There is a new remix of Walou too done by Rishi Rich who is a Uk asian bhangra dj/producer. He did a britney spears mix on her recent Lp.

Aug 27, 2003
    I LOOOOOOOVE OUTLANDISH!!
    they just had a concert in dubai two days agoo :down: i couldnt attend cos of my stupid finals!!
    ahhh i love their song
    aisha is the best :D noooo and not becuase of ma name of anything but its niiiiice

martin who said walou's booring! its good! theyre next album is supposed to be out by now..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)