• Thuram

• Del Piero

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

He's better than Dino Zoff. It's ridiculous to rate someone higher just because he's a legend. Zoff was a great goalie in his time, but I'm pretty sure Buffon is better.
Gee,thanks for proving my point :wallbang:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++

Gee,thanks for proving my point :wallbang:
Your point was pretty ridiculous to begin with. I hate it when so called "legends" are placed miles above today's athletes. Look at Pele for example, would he be anything out of the ordinary today? I don't think so. He wasn't THAT impressive, you know.

Menace

Apr 22, 2005

Your point was pretty ridiculous to begin with. I hate it when so called "legends" are placed miles above today's athletes. Look at Pele for example, would he be anything out of the ordinary today? I don't think so. He wasn't THAT impressive, you know.
:thumb:

MeRs0

Jun 26, 2004
What a list ?

Why did you add so many players that isnt even considered as overrated ?

Nedved and Del Piero yes, but the rest... ? Nah !

Btw, my vote went to DP, but I realize that Nedved is our most overrated player.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

You are arguing without supporting your argument, comparing with Pele is not a good way to support it. Do you consider Maradona a legend? Do you think he is? This is another player where your theory fails.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

You are arguing without supporting your argument, comparing with Pele is not a good way to support it. Do you consider Maradona a legend? Do you think he is? This is another player where your theory fails.
What I mean is that, although certain players are legends it's quite possible to better than them. It's not because you're a legend you have to be the best.Buffon will never reach the status Zoff had and still has, but he's probably better in a lot of areas of the game. He goes down quicker to begin with and always stays calm. He's more sure of himself.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
Jeeks,

I went through this about a year ago. There is absolutely no point of arguing with Seven. Period.
You know what is his problem, he might be a nice person and good and whatever, but when it comes to argument if someone points out something wrong he immediately replies that he meant otherwise.

Then when you point out that he will tell you that you are a loser.

Anyway, the best thing is when you feel this is happening try to focus somewhere else, it is better for the health.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

You know what is his problem, he might be a nice person and good and whatever, but when it comes to argument if someone points out something wrong he immediately replies that he meant otherwise.
I never reply that I meant otherwise. I just simplify things.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Do what makes you feel better Se7en, but know that your way of arguing is not appreciated by the majority on this forum.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Do what makes you feel better Se7en, but know that your way of arguing is not appreciated by the majority on this forum.
Perhaps. But that's probably because English isn't my native language. I'm a pretty good speaker in dutch and I debate well, but sometimes it's hard to translate arguments correctly.

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
Other teams would dream to have Nedved, Zlatan and Zambrotta in their team, and they are overrated in Juve ??? God, some people can never be pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)