Our forwards. (1 Viewer)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
When I was watching our game against Sampdoria I started to realise our forwards aren't on the same wavelength whatsoever. Whereas Zlatan IMO was playing a pretty good game, Del Piero and Trezeguet weren't. The reason for this, I think, is that Del Piero was giving some great through balls, but neither Zlatan nor Trezeguet runned after them. Thanks to Zlatan's more egocentric way of playing he was the only one to at least accomplish a couple of chances. On the other hand I did see a Del Piero that was trying to do some great things, but the forwards just don't understand each other.

I guess Del Piero will probably go after this season, if we find an adequate replacement, which Mutu isn't. So in the long run it's perhaps not that important to reintegrate Ale in to the team, but I cannot see us beating Real Madrid with this predictable, boring team. We need Del Piero as a playmaker and we need a more creative frontline.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
So...

DP and Zlatan don't understand each other at all, they played lots of matches together and it never really worked.

DP and Trez have done really well together in the past but to say anyone of them is in form right now would be a stretch. And Zlatan is knocking pretty hard.

Finally Zlatan and Trez don't work either, there have been moments when they combined but nothing really special.

All hail Zalayeta! :star:

Edgar

Feb 2, 2005
I think Mutu and Zlatan would work very well together. Mutu is fantastic as "seconda punta" with a strong athletic striker like Zlatan. I just hope Juve won't trade him for Cassano.

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
No way is Zlatan mutu the future i realli dont think that Zlatan will last at Juve i realli believe Moggi will trade him for Cassano. The reason they were letting Zlatan play so much is to get his value up so when the end of the year comes him and cassano are priced around the same area. But this is just what i think

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Look, you have seen the game. But remeber, that Juve were playing without Nedved, Olivera. If we could play with a mid with Camoranesi, Emerson, Olivera, Nedved, we would for sure be more creative. Let us not make problems out of one game. We have to wait, and I don't understand why everyone fears Real?
They are weaker than Samp :LOL:

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Real Madrid has won 6 of their last 7 games...

And what has Juve done? Loss, two wins, four draws in five matches...

I think it will be tough... very tough...

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #13
    I would always say DP-Trez is the way to go, but I have to admit Zlatan was the only visible forward last game.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by delp_07 ] ++
    No way is Zlatan mutu the future i realli dont think that Zlatan will last at Juve i realli believe Moggi will trade him for Cassano. The reason they were letting Zlatan play so much is to get his value up so when the end of the year comes him and cassano are priced around the same area. But this is just what i think

Yes. Del Piero is the future.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #15
    Face it, Zlatan isn't world class. Whereas Del Piero has to go because he isn't world class anymore, Zlatan never was.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
    Face it, Zlatan isn't world class. Whereas Del Piero has to go because he isn't world class anymore, Zlatan never was.
    True, but Zlatan is European class while Del Piero isnt, and Zlatan is 23, whereas Del Piero isnt, and Zlatan has the potential to become world class in the next two or three years, whereas Del Piero doesnt.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #19
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

True, but Zlatan is European class while Del Piero isnt, and Zlatan is 23, whereas Del Piero isnt, and Zlatan has the potential to become world class in the next two or three years, whereas Del Piero doesnt.
    All I know is that at 23, Del Piero was the world's best player. Zlatan is nowhere near. Zlatan indeed is European class and he's a good football player. But for Juventus he simply won't do. We need a new, great, creative player that makes us look lively again.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    OK, lets get one then. At 23 Del Piero was the worlds best player (debatable), but he isnt now, so lets get rid of both Zlatan and Del Piero and Get Adriano and Kaka. Sounds good? Now, lets' just find 300 mil € to finance the deal.

In the meantime, lets' just stick with Zlatan - Trezeguet up front.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)