Our first gig! (1 Viewer)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
This Saturday 24th of April. It will also be one of our most important gigs ever because we might get signed by one of the big 5 record labels. Read this article they published today about it on a local newspaper and wish us luck :D:

http://www.timesofmalta.com/core2/article.php?id=152041

Bands and singers vying for international fame

Sixteen local bands and singers are keeping their fingers crossed that their names will be among those selected during the coming weekend's Awaken Events Showcase, a nomination that promises to propel them onto the international scene.

The event will be held at The Alley, in Paceville between Friday and Sunday, at the end of which Mike Galaxy, president of Indy Hits, will handpick eight acts.

He will be in Malta scouting for bands that he believes can make an impact abroad.

Mr Galaxy's job is to scout for talent for the big four record labels - Universal, Emi, Sony/ BMG and Warner Bros.

Invites for the showcase were sent to 132 acts in total, of which 42 submitted their marketing promotion pack, including a CD of their songs.

The list was whittled down to 16 after the contestants satisfied a number of criteria - from music skills to marketing to attitude.

The bands or singers shortlisted and vying for a place are: Miriam Christine Borg, Lethal Injection, IQ, Ozzy Lino, Toby, Winter Moods, Sidereal, Ryzing, Weeping Silence, Stillair, Nicky Gravino, Colourblind, Syrup, Boys Next Door, Stone Shiva and Bitterside.

Indy Hits was founded in 1997 to promote and showcase bands and artists to the music industry. Over the years, Mr Galaxy helped up and coming bands and artists to obtain record deals, licensing deals and exposure. Among the recent acts promoted by him is Linkin Park, the hip-hop band that has taken the music world by storm.

"This is not some battle between the bands. It's a professional event which promises to recognise the quality of musicians," local representative Nik Grima said.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Awesome Glenn! No wonder you haven't been around ;) Be sure to talk about me all the time when you're famous. Remember, I was your inspiration and the only reason you kept making music :D

OP
Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    Hehe I will don't worry. I haven't been much on here also because of the SA work so I have had a very busy schedule lately.

Thanks for your encouragement guys...I'm already shitting in my pants, so I can't imagine what I'll do on Saturday! Hopefully beer will help me.

Aug 27, 2003
    yeah and afte ru heard and saw that graham has no talnts in the music sector made u feel so good about urself and u always use to tel urself that if graham can do it i can too..loool :p

i know i know graham u aint in the music buisness..
    and j.k..loool..

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    Hopefully beer will help me.
    i was about to give you an advice but it seems you know your stuff.

congrats and good luck. and promise me subscribtion of your albums for life. and when you get famous and split up gimme a call if you need a bassist.

OP
    Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10
    Thanks guys I really really really appreciate it :)

I'll post pics (I'm sure there will be people taking pics) so that should be cool.

We also finished all recording, with just one song left to be mixed so our promo ep is almost complete too.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    Take a shot of rum just before you go to the stage, its supposed to help your voice and the alcohol will help you to be more relaxed

Aug 27, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    Thanks guys I really really really appreciate it :)

I'll post pics (I'm sure there will be people taking pics) so that should be cool.

We also finished all recording, with just one song left to be mixed so our promo ep is almost complete too.
    when u become famous u could awlays higher me as ur "offical photographer " lool..im free;) :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)