our defence . . again !! (1 Viewer)

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
Guys . .
i will make it very short cause i'm getting sick of repeating it so many times . . .OUR DEFENCE
Frankly speaking , our defenders look very old every time Juve play (or it's just me that i see it :down:) , & we can't win anything with this defence . . .getting older & older !!:frown:
Needs immediate changes or ELSE!!

FORZA JUVE

PS:Nice signature for the hater:
the difference between Juve & Inter is very simple :26/2=13:D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nick

Jul 12, 2002
it's kinda boring talking always about our defence,but i have noticed that most teams have that weakness.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
well usually its our strength...but it definitely seems like we need to take a more active approach in rearing/getting good defenders.

because in about 3-5 seasons we wont have pessotto, thuram, montero, iuliano, ferrara(for sure) and thats quite a big chunk to lose all at once.

we definitely have a need here...

Jul 12, 2002
So let us buy Bonero, Mexes, Chivu, Hofland, Armand, Van Buyten, or Marquez. I am sure that at least one of these players is coming to Juve before next year.

SpeD

Jul 14, 2002
If only Juve constantly reared great young defensive talent from the youth squads.

like. Nesta from lazio......

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by GonJ ] ++
If only Juve constantly reared great young defensive talent from the youth squads.

like. Nesta from lazio......
That would be nice except that Juve never give a chance to young talent from their own organization.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Nick ] ++
Don't worry they aren't neither stupid nor blind they will fix it.
Nick, when you least expect it, a board will prove that they are BOTH stupid AND blind...trust me, I've seen it...

nevertheless I dont think Juve will be like that. My post was kinda off-topic...

OP
Huzi

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    thnx for the GREAT ANSWERS gusy . . .
    just forget everything about this thread . . .sorry to bother

FORZA JUVE

DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by huzi ] ++
    Guys . .
    i will make it very short cause i'm getting sick of repeating it so many times . . .OUR DEFENCE
    Frankly speaking , our defenders look very old every time Juve play (or it's just me that i see it :down:) , & we can't win anything with this defence . . .getting older & older !!:frown:
    Needs immediate changes or ELSE!!

FORZA JUVE
    I completely agree. This is very scary because our midfield is certainly not top level either. So we are only well covered in GK, and offense. Very scary!!!

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
    Jan 11, 2003
    Marquez and Mexes is fine with me.

But i dont think that our defense is THAT bad...

OK! We have old players, they are kinda slow, but they are experienced and they know how to use their brain.

Belive it or not its still world class players we have in defense, Montero, Thuram, Juliano

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++
    Marquez and Mexes is fine with me.

But i dont think that our defense is THAT bad...

OK! We have old players, they are kinda slow, but they are experienced and they know how to use their brain.

Belive it or not its still world class players we have in defense, Montero, Thuram, Juliano
    Iuliano is only world class at times. Most of the time Ferrara is the superior player. Also, Tudor really is world class and all of them with the excpetions of Ferrara and Thuram are injury proned. Something absolutely needs to be done before next season if not sooner. There are plenty of good players out there who we could get. It is simply a matter of buying them:

Bonera, Hofland, Chivu, Marquez, Mexes, Armand, Van Buyten, there are more, but I can't think of them.

Dharurat

Oct 16, 2002
    Actually our defence isn't that bad IMO. I mean we have the best goalkeeper in the world in Buffon, the best right-sided defender around in Thuram... Add that with the vast experiences of Montero (he alone is better than 80% of most defenders), Ferrarra and Iuliano (PS: Ferrara IS superior to Iuliano), I think our defense is quite up to mark. The latter three defenders maybe getting old and slow, but their experience counts a lot. Add that with the quite superb performances of Birindelli this season we have quite an enviablr defense. In the Champions League first stage we only let in, what, 3 goals in all, and the last two doals let in were against Dinamo Kiev in the last game when we already qualified (and we used a 2nd string side)..

Plus, we also have Tudor... And Davids, Zambrotta and Tacchinardi often helps our defense a lot. Even with injuries, our defense has held up pretty well for me... It is not outstanding as in the past, but the Juve defense is still one tough nut to crack... I say our weakness is in our midfield.. Methinks we need another playmaker... someone like d' allessandro maybe???

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    well, we're getting zaccardo (or trying to) , an italy u-21 international, so Moggi obviously is aware of the problem.

I like how instead of going for the touted names that would cost a lot (Mexes, Chivu, MArquez) he goes for a young ITALIAN defender with Serie A experience, and is likely to cost just 6 million, or less plus Birindelli

good thinking for once Moggi!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    some of you may accuse me of being nonsensical or for not doing the sensible thing,but i do think we need someone who at least has made a name for himself or is a hot prospect everyone wants.

zaccardo is not exactly famous or anything but if we go for chivu,mexes etc. we will be getting some positive publicity for pipping other clubs to get this player and that blah blah blah......

this may sound stupid but someone foreign and good,in other words we need a big money transfer.not just for publicity but also to send a message to the other clubs,amongst other reasons.

have you ever thought about a club made of purely home-grown stars?what i am saying is,if a superstar goes,one must come in,simple as that.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
    have you ever thought about a club made of purely home-grown stars?what i am saying is,if a superstar goes,one must come in,simple as that.
    and what superstar is going?

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    montero,who else?

everyone is saying he is.

and even if he isn't,we still should get a superstar cos montero dosen't play enough,ferrara's too old and apart from thuram we don't have anyone in the defence we can actually name among the world's best.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    well firstly nothing is confirmed about Montero leaving!

and secondly he is not a superstar. Nobody except serie A fans seem to even know who he is, he's certainly no nesta, thuram, cannavaro etc in terms of 'star' status.

And why waste loads of money on a star name when a young defender for one of serie A's most consistent teams is available at £6 million?

the old saying, stars don't make Juve, Juve make stars, who knows in a few years we can make Zaccardo into a superstar!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)