Our central midfield (2 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
The difference between Milan and Juve right now is that Milan can coast against the smaller teams and still consistently scrape wins without even playing that well. We haven't really shown that yet.
Like I said: Ibrahimovic.

I agree. Ibra is player who can win a match by himself. And this is something which is very useful against small teams like Cesena.
Yeah that's what I'm talking about, he's their ultimate game-changer. If he doesn't score himself, he assists.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Suns

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
  • Thread Starter #22
    Suns fapping over some of our players instead of everyone else's :tuttosport:
    I never had the chance to fap over our players since as long as I've been in this forum we've finished 7th twice.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Like I said: Ibrahimovic.
    It's not just him, although he is important. For some reason several teams are beaten by Milan before they step on the field. We need to win a title first before we can get that back, we used to have it.

I never had the chance to fap over our players since as long as I've been in this forum we've finished 7th twice.
    Although you do still fap over unproven players, signings elsewhere ;)

OP
    Suns

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
  • Thread Starter #26
    Although you do still fap over unproven players, signings elsewhere ;)
    I fapped over many of our signings, Diego, Melo, Lichtsteiner, Vidal. I see no point in this useless discussion, Jay.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    It's not just him, although he is important. For some reason several teams are beaten by Milan before they step on the field. We need to win a title first before we can get that back, we used to have it.
    Well, obviously, there are many factors, but I just firmly believe that he's the one they would've dropped more points not having, than any other player in their team.

The other thing you mention, with teams not giving their all against Milan, I see it too. It's fucking annoying. The Chievo's, Bologna's, Cesena's etc. give 200 % against Juve, and against Milan they just throw in the towel.

I really hope we can get that back too. These minnows irritate me like no other.

May 22, 2007
    Well, obviously, there are many factors, but I just firmly believe that he's the one they would've dropped more points not having, than any other player in their team.

The other thing you mention, with teams not giving their all against Milan, I see it too. It's fucking annoying. The Chievo's, Bologna's, Cesena's etc. give 200 % against Juve, and against Milan they just throw in the towel.

I really hope we can get that back too. These minnows irritate me like no other.
    Teams like Chievo, Bologna and Catania step onto the pitch with the belief that Juventus aren't intimidating. The 7th place finishes and Calciopoli have softened our image, Milan aren't so 'cuddly' for players like Pellissier.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Teams like Chievo, Bologna and Catania step onto the pitch with the belief that Juventus aren't intimidating. The 7th place finishes and Calciopoli have softened our image, Milan aren't so 'cuddly' for players like Pellissier.
    Well hopefully by the end of this season it will be Juve who are feared and Inter who the small teams feel confident against.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    yes it has been the main reason our team has been clicking so well. special mention to barzagli though who has been insturmental in the success and organization of the defense.

i won't even mention the importance of litchsetin as we all know how much he good he offers going forward and defending.

DVS

Must be patient
    Nov 13, 2008
    Love this thread and love some of the insight coming out of it.

Vidal has been surprising me every day. Every game I watch him I see a different gear in him. He is more just the grinta of the midfield he just fills in holes when he sees them unplug. I really feel this kid will start scoring more as the season progresses. He has gears he hasn't revealed yet I feel we won't see this guys ceiling for a couple years.

Pirlo we all knew he was a legend its just a joy watching him everyday.

Marchisio I'm not going to say more than I can't believe he is showing a gear like this so quickly.

This club finally found a base to work around. No more replacing the same positions over and over again. I really can't believe its happened this quickly.

I'll be watching game by game hoping for the best

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    It wouldn't be enough if they were strong individually but didn't balance each other out properly:

Pirlo - creative maestro, the radar
    Vidal - grinta, the motor of the midfield
    Marchisio - middle ground that glues the midfield.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    Our midfield seems to be our strong point.
    They are far from being the best players individually, but they are a solid, compact total and have the full support of our team.

Never before we had such a strong defense, in the past years, or so competent wingbacks, who efficiently, both defend and cover up and attack/support, the players up front. Such a solid defense, brings confidence to the guys upfront, and as they stop worrying about the rearguard, they are unleashed!

This gives our midfielders, the opportunity to focus at creating chances and keeping possession.
    That is the importance of a competent defense!
    Remember the first games, when the defense was still shaky, the midfield seemed lost and Conte opted for a bit more defensive and wide midfield schemes. But when the defense was stabilized and clean sheets start rolling, our team has found its way.
    This has reflected immediately upon the function of our midfield.

The major defense, is that we have completely scrapped the defensive midfielders and we can afford to play with creative/offensive midfielders only.
    And now put the pressure on our opponents, brilliant job by Conte and his 4-1-3-2, its an amazing thing,many coaches after DD have tried, but all failed and made many compromises, but they were futile. Hats off to Conte, for achieving were everyone else have failed!

This formation allows optimal use of Pirlo and this player has become an essential figure right away, in a degree, that we are already dependent of his instrumental gameplay.

Marchisio has re-found his motivation, kept his versatility and has also made some great contribution, esp by scoring some important goals and covering the left flank when needed, or do some DM work, occasionally.
    Vidal took his time to become a starter, but his enthusiasm drives him forward, but in a classy way,
    unlike Pepe who also has a great enthusiasm and workrate, but he rather offers more quantity, than quality.

Nonetheless, even Pepe's contribution have been proved crucial to our cause and despite his obvious limitations, he has done some marvelous actions, like the Maradona run, against Napoli!

Our SSs also have their contribution, on the function of our midfield, they create their own chances, swap players with the lateral midfielders, support them, return to acquire the ball, involve in the build up and form a multi-dimensional front, of a multi-faced forward line, that it is hard to control by the opposition.
    And many times, this wide front, creates so many wide open holes at their defense, that invites our midfielders to step in and finish them off, by scoring goals or delivering lethal passes.

Its a collective work, from the stability the super Gigi gives to our defense, to their competent support and the involvement of the SSs,
    our team now seems to overperform, deliver results, but also very beautiful shows as well!
    The most influental player, is arguably Pirlo, but the mastermind behind this, is Conte!

RAVANELLI

it was all a dream
    Jun 4, 2011
    Our midfield seems to be our strong point.
    They are far from being the best players individually, but they are a solid, compact total and have the full support of our team.

Never before we had such a strong defense, in the past years, or so competent wingbacks, who efficiently, both defend and cover up and attack/support, the players up front. Such a solid defense, brings confidence to the guys upfront, and as they stop worrying about the rearguard, they are unleashed!

This gives our midfielders, the opportunity to focus at creating chances and keeping possession.
    That is the importance of a competent defense!
    Remember the first games, when the defense was still shaky, the midfield seemed lost and Conte opted for a bit more defensive and wide midfield schemes. But when the defense was stabilized and clean sheets start rolling, our team has found its way.
    This has reflected immediately upon the function of our midfield.

The major defense, is that we have completely scrapped the defensive midfielders and we can afford to play with creative/offensive midfielders only.
    And now put the pressure on our opponents, brilliant job by Conte and his 4-1-3-2, its an amazing thing,many coaches after DD have tried, but all failed and made many compromises, but they were futile. Hats off to Conte, for achieving were everyone else have failed!

This formation allows optimal use of Pirlo and this player has become an essential figure right away, in a degree, that we are already dependent of his instrumental gameplay.

Marchisio has re-found his motivation, kept his versatility and has also made some great contribution, esp by scoring some important goals and covering the left flank when needed, or do some DM work, occasionally.
    Vidal took his time to become a starter, but his enthusiasm drives him forward, but in a classy way,
    unlike Pepe who also has a great enthusiasm and workrate, but he rather offers more quantity, than quality.

Nonetheless, even Pepe's contribution have been proved crucial to our cause and despite his obvious limitations, he has done some marvelous actions, like the Maradona run, against Napoli!

Our SSs also have their contribution, on the function of our midfield, they create their own chances, swap players with the lateral midfielders, support them, return to acquire the ball, involve in the build up and form a multi-dimensional front, of a multi-faced forward line, that it is hard to control by the opposition.
    And many times, this wide front, creates so many wide open holes at their defense, that invites our midfielders to step in and finish them off, by scoring goals or delivering lethal passes.

Its a collective work, from the stability the super Gigi gives to our defense, to their competent support and the involvement of the SSs,
    our team now seems to overperform, deliver results, but also very beautiful shows as well!
    The most influental player, is arguably Pirlo, but the mastermind behind this, is Conte!
    Great post, man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)