Our Attractiveness: Chained by Our Tactics (1 Viewer)

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
It's been quite the topic of discussion in the forum for some time now, and I think I wanna start a forum as to what is the real cause of all this.

Many people say that we lack flair and attractiveness: TRUE

But what I am confused about is that others among us claim that we don't have players who are the same calibre of the Kakas, Ronaldinhos, and Zidanes of Europe.

After giving it some thought, I actually came up with the conclusion that our players are too limited when it comes to playing tactical football.

Even Cassano brought this up in one of his latest presscons. Okay, Cassano might not be the best ambassador of Serie A, but I think he's got a point when he said that he wants the freedom in other leagues because Serie A is too tactical.

I think this is true because tactics need discipline. If one player wished to come out on top of their team's tactics, the whole squad will crumble.

Forgive me for not being able to explain it as well as I want to but I'm in a bit of hurry in writing this topic because I've got errands to run right now.

To sum it all up, I think players such as Nedved, Zambro, and Camo may have this flair that none of us ever imagined. But because of the intense devotion of this squad to "team tactics", these individuals' brilliance don't sparkle enough to get recognized with the likes of the previous players I mentioned.

So if we were to satisfy the call for attractive play, how do we do it?

Del Piero has flair, on his good days.

Zlatan, he's all about it.

But for the others, how do we unleash them?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Capello is all about tactics, that is why he has been such a successful coach over history. This Juventus side is built to win even though we do not play well because of the emphasis on defense. The straight 4-4-2 is a controlled formation and for it to work defensively players must be in the right positions at all times. Essentially with this 4-4-2 two walls are created in front of Buffon, with the wing midfielders having an obligation to mark the opposing team's wingers. Since our two outside midfielders, Nedved and Camorensi, must be back defending all the time, they basically have leashes on them and are restricted from attacking to some extent. Capello wants the defense to be secure, and with this system it is mandatory to have the wingers back defending, covering the flanks. With this 4-4-2 the center of the pitch is secure and when the wingers are back defending the flanks are secure. This system is great for stopping the opposition, but of course we are going to be lacking creativity in attack.

With this system there is no way to satisfy the certain players talents because they are so restricted. But the players are still capable of producing a moment of magic, as in the case of Nedved in many important matches. This system we have will not wow the crowd, but it will make the side compact and secure defensively. For the talented players we have to become more involved with the matches, they would have to be given more freedom by Capello, or change the system completely. I am not sure if I would be willing to take the latter after the success of the team thus far in the season.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Still, I got a glimt of hope when Oliviera started next to Emerson today. It proves Capello knows we need someone who throws shit forward better than backwards.

I hope we'll start with the same lineup except Trez in for DP against Cagliari too. Still needs some training though, Livorno shouldn't be able to score twice against us.

I didn't see the game. Ive seen the goals and read a couple comments. How did Oliviera do and how was our midfield today?

ibra trez
neddy oliviera emo camo
zambro canna thuram zebina
buffon

Looks much better imo than Blasi/Appiah/Tacchi.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++
Still, I got a glimt of hope when Oliviera started next to Emerson today. It proves Capello knows we need someone who throws shit forward better than backwards.

I hope we'll start with the same lineup except Trez in for DP against Cagliari too. Still needs some training though, Livorno shouldn't be able to score twice against us.

I didn't see the game. Ive seen the goals and read a couple comments. How did Oliviera do and how was our midfield today?

ibra trez
neddy oliviera emo camo
buffon

Looks much better imo than Blasi/Appiah/Tacchi.

we difently suffered a little from Oliviera and for now, he isnt worth it. he can improve if he keeps playing though.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I do not know if Olivera has the defensive skills to play center midfield for us yet. After some work with Capello, that could all change. Against the better teams, though, I would stick with Blasi until Olivera can adapt to Capello's tactics. Ruben looks very promising.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++

ibra trez
neddy oliviera emo camo
buffon
guys..I really want to know your idea about Olivera in the match against Livorno.I watched it and IMO apart from his assist for Alex he showed a poor perfromance.also in great matche we need 2 defensive midfielders.so I prefer Emerson-Blasi and after today match I think we can count on Emerson-Tacchi too.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by king Ale ] ++

guys..I really want to know your idea about Olivera in the match against Livorno.I watched it and IMO apart from his assist for Alex he showed a poor perfromance.also in great matche we need 2 defensive midfielders.so I prefer Emerson-Blasi and after today match I think we can count on Emerson-Tacchi too.
Agreed, Olivera didn't do much apart from set up Del Piero's goal. Imo he's better when playing wide because Capello's system doesn't allow for the centre midfielders to rampage forward and that is one of Ruben's strong points.

Why do you feel that playing with two defensive midfielders is necessary? Chelsea, Barca, Man United, Inter and the likes only use one and they've been winning so I don't see why we can't be like them. Dropping a DM for a more creative player ensures that we're more fluent in attack which I'm all for. Olivera may not be the right man for the job, but we can find someone to fill the role on the market, and Nedved and Maresca may be able to play it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Stuart, one of Nedved's strengths is making surging runs up the field and then cutting into the center. Nedved would be even more restricted playing central midfield. Keep him on the wing, and bring Maresca into the center of the pitch.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
@Primo: That's a good point. Kaka has a freedom at Milan which enables him to be as effective as he is, and when Nedved had that freedom under Lippi in 2003 he went on to win the Golden Ball. Last season Lippi allowed Zambrotta to maraud down the left flank and we all saw how brilliant he was and he showed that brilliance today, getting involved in the attacks and delivering dangerous crosses, but in certain games it is clear to see that Capello has given Zamboy instructions to stay at home and make defending his priority.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Stuart, one of Nedved's strengths is making surging runs up the field and then cutting into the center. Nedved would be even more restricted playing central midfield. Keep him on the wing, and bring Maresca into the center of the pitch.
Yeah I know, that's why Nedved was so great as a playmaker. He had all the freedom in the world to roam wherever he wanted. Maresca would suit the role brilliantly as I've said in the past.

Mar 14, 2004
And what....we are idiots and can't play AM-DM central midfield? Whole world plays 4-4-2 like that and we play it like fckin bunker.
I would buy a creative CM/AM and play it with Emerson as creative destroyer cuz that what he is. If Milan can play it why can't we?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
And what....we are idiots and can't play AM-DM central midfield? Whole world plays 4-4-2 like that and we play it like fckin bunker.
I would buy a creative CM/AM and play it with Emerson as creative destroyer cuz that what he is. If Milan can play it why can't we?
We do not have players like Kaka, Pirlo, or Gattuso for that matter. Like I have said before the straight 4-4-2 is a sound system for winning even though you might not deserve to. Capello likes to have that defense secure...

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

We do not have players like Kaka, Pirlo, or Gattuso for that matter. Like I have said before the straight 4-4-2 is a sound system for winning even though you might not deserve to. Capello likes to have that defense secure...
II dont like gambling systems......luck is sometimes there,sometimes isn't....we had luck anagins Milan last time but what are the guarantees that we'll have it next time? Cup competition in CL does not allow gambling.....

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And about Capello......his teams played great eye-catchy football in the past,Milan,Real,Roma......and now he plays Juve like a Normandy defence. Reasons? I bet on lack of quality players. Sth else?
Of course thats the reason. As I stated above we really do not have creative players a la Kaka, Pirlo, and Totti in the team, and that is the difference. There is no sense in having a creative lineup when you lack creative players. Since we lack creative influences, Capello makes do with what we have, and that is strong defensive players.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

II dont like gambling systems......luck is sometimes there,sometimes isn't....we had luck anagins Milan last time but what are the guarantees that we'll have it next time? Cup competition in CL does not allow gambling.....
I do not think the system we have is a "gambling system." I think it is more efficiently stated as a "secure system" with the players we have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)