Our Attractiveness: Chained by Our Tactics (1 Viewer)

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

I do not think the system we have is a "gambling system." I think it is more efficiently stated as a "secure system" with the players we have.
Define "secure".....

My definition: playing 0-0 under the siege 120 minutes and then win/loose on penaltys(allready seen that somewhere:groan: ). Or try to not allow goal whole match and pray the got that a lucky shot comes in.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++

Define "secure".....

My definition: playing 0-0 under the siege 120 minutes and then win/loose on penaltys(allready seen that somewhere:groan: ). Or try to not allow goal whole match and pray the got that a lucky shot comes in.
Well, I mean "secure" as in not letting any cheap goals get scored on us. Also when I say "secure" I mean that the system we have is simple and the players we have can fit into it. Can you imagine us playing a 4-3-3 with the players we have, trying to emulate Barcelona? That is not secure..

OP
Primo

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #25
    I think Emerson is good enough to handle the defensive duties of the midfield.

We can certainly do this on weaker opponents and give more freedom to our "talents".

Emerson is a monster and he can do all the dirty work.

But of course, against bigger teams, we can always revert back to our conservative formation.

Mar 14, 2004
    Can you imagine us playing a 4-3-3 with the players we have, trying to emulate Barcelona? That is not secure..
    That Is the problem.......all thae players we have are good players,but they are the best when they have better player beside them,a leader. Nedved is no leader,neither is DP,neither is Emerson. We need a leader in midfield that can carry the team when is needed,someone that can connect few usefull passes. We lack that kind of player since Zizou. Arsenal has Vieira/Pires,Chelsky has Lamprad/Duff,Barca has....everything but heights,Real has....everything but DM,Valencia has Aimar/Vicente,Inter has everything but luck,Milan has everything but a will to beat Palermo.

Another problem rises from the ground then. Trezeguet problem. If we lack players that can provide quality trough-balls for "best finisher" in the world.....then we should: buy 2 new midfield players or buy an all-round striker like Gila,Drogba,Klasnic,Adriano(ok,let me dreaming) that can create chances when needed.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++

That Is the problem.......all thae players we have are good players,but they are the best when they have better player beside them,a leader. Nedved is no leader,neither is DP,neither is Emerson. We need a leader in midfield that can carry the team when is needed,someone that can connect few usefull passes. We lack that kind of player since Zizou. Arsenal has Vieira/Pires,Chelsky has Lamprad/Duff,Barca has....everything but heights,Real has....everything but DM,Valencia has Aimar/Vicente,Inter has everything but luck,Milan has everything but a will to beat Palermo.
    What do you mean Nedved and Emerson are not leaders? They are very much so, certainly more than Aimar, Pires, and Duff. Nedved and Emerson are world class players who both were the Captains of their National Teams. So the problem is not leadership, it is simply creativity. We lack a creative influence in the side.

Another problem rises from the ground then. Trezeguet problem. If we lack players that can provide quality trough-balls for "best finisher" in the world.....then we should: buy 2 new midfield players or buy an all-round striker like Gila,Drogba,Klasnic,Adriano(ok,let me dreaming) that can create chances when needed.
    Before Trezeguet was injured this season he was scoring a lot of goals even though the service was sometimes limited. I do not think he is the problem. I would rather find a natural playmaker instead of trying to buy another Shevchenko...

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++
    I think Emerson is good enough to handle the defensive duties of the midfield.

We can certainly do this on weaker opponents and give more freedom to our "talents".

Emerson is a monster and he can do all the dirty work.

But of course, against bigger teams, we can always revert back to our conservative formation.
    thats what i think too. but we saw it how we conceded 2 goals against the "smaller" teams

baggio

Jun 3, 2003

What do you mean Nedved and Emerson are not leaders? They are very much so, certainly more than Aimar, Pires, and Duff. Nedved and Emerson are world class players who both were the Captains of their National Teams. So the problem is not leadership, it is simply creativity. We lack a creative influence in the side.
    Before Trezeguet was injured this season he was scoring a lot of goals even though the service was sometimes limited. I do not think he is the problem. I would rather find a natural playmaker instead of trying to buy another Shevchenko...
    The deeper we move in to the season, the more i long for us to play with some more flair. Yes, we're extremely effective at grinding out results. But i think Nedved himself no longer can bring game day in and day out. I'd love for us to switch focus from our defensive needs, and go out in to the market and import some south american flair, from Brazil maybe. At least, once if not more.

Jul 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Len ] ++
    DP is the captain we need.......look at how he inspires the team...;)
    dp is botht the captain we need and the flair we need. He jus needs to get his ass in gear.

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    i would prefer someone creative there with emerson but as andy said, Oliviera is not ready
    Alright. As i said, I'm glad mr Hat tried it.

As would I, its obiviously that's where the problem lies. I want Fiorentina's share of maresca back. :( Or one of the players stated below, but I don't think its possible Moggi would buy any unleast its a crisis. And I really can't call undefeated in CL and #1 in Serie A a crisis. Maybe we can expect Montolivo from Atalanta or something like that. :undecide:

Mar 14, 2004

I ment Robben.....whateva :)

Anyway......Emerson wherever he was in the past,wasnt first....even second leader in the team. Lever,Roma,Brazil.....you choose it...and then he was the best,when the focus wasn't on him. Nedved too.....from his Lazio days,I onley remember 1 good season for him.......rest was purely average. He is simpley no leader,he cant hold-up ball,he cant dictate tempo,he get-rids of the ball too soon when we must keep ball-posession. Both of them are hard workers,not leaders of midfield. They simply can't dictate tempo of play....

And about Pires or Aimar.....I would trade everything for one of them....class.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    Something have happened to Aimar though, he isnt the same. Maybe Ranieri has fvcked him up at Valencia and we can buy him? I would love to see that :D about Pires, he is just great. But isnt he old? I would be glad to see Ljungberg in Juve :D

Mar 14, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
    Something have happened to Aimar though, he isnt the same. Maybe Ranieri has fvcked him up at Valencia and we can buy him? I would love to see that :D about Pires, he is just great. But isnt he old? I would be glad to see Ljungberg in Juve :D
    Dont get me wrong...you're sweede and so......but Ljungberg is like....biggest crap in whole world? He has finishing and nothing else. Henry,Pires,Viera and Bergkamp feed him with balls and he scores....that's ok....but rest? crap.

And for Aimar.....i really have deepest doubts over Ranieri's style. He manage to destroy Veron and Mutu in england....and now he's trying to do the same with Mista,Vicente,Aimar in spain. For sakes of football game...let someone assasin him PLZ!!! BTW,both Aimar and Mista played good yesterday. Mista "scored"(referee's error).

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    I admit Ljungberg isn't that skilled with he's feet. But he's a wonder physically. He runs about 11 kilometres per game and is also one of the fastest in EPL. And he's really good when it comes to crossing.

He's a big help for Henry and Reyes when he comes running into the penalty area, as well as he help alot in midfield and even in defense if necesarry.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

Agreed on both counts. Nedved and Emerson are superb leaders and world-class performers, they are by no means the problem.

Trezeguet is one of the best finishers in world football and not only would buying a creative midfielder to support him aid him it would also aid his strike partner, whether it be Del Piero or Ibrahimovic. It would be wonderful to have a player like Adriano, Shevchenko or Henry who can make chances for themselves and bang them in too, but those kind of players come few and far between and it would be simpler and more beneficial to the team to get a playmaker. This would take alot of weight off the shoulders of the wide players and the support striker as the AM would supply them with better service and make their jobs easier.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    Until now, our not-flaired, boring style of play has us in top of serie A and qualifing easily for CL. Also, has prevented us to fall in situations like Barsa-Villarreal showoff... game against Livorno was a good example of the risk to play with an offensive CM : we had more offensive options, but we were clearly more vulnerable.

The more you make depend the team play in Creativity, the more uncertain you will become about the results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)