Ouasim Bouy (1 Viewer)

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
It's easy to put the blame the players, easy way out, but when we fail to develop youngsters on a consistent basis, then most likely there is a problem in the system.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
95% of young players don't make it through big clubs to the first team, on average. We are clearly trying to copy the 'Barca/Bayern model' with our own young players, and we do have some very interesting ones, just not in our first team squad.

Only super talents like Pogba break right through into teams, and even then it doesn't happen right away. Look at him with United. Depends on the coach, tactics used, and whether the team can afford to allow them time to integrate.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Haven't see the Primavera recently. I wasn't specifically talking about them, anyway. We have good ones at other clubs who we should see back here sooner.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Doesn't his contract end at the end of this season? If he's not signing I don't think we owe him any game time, and I think he's rather lazy and I don't rate him. I rather give game time to Marzouk or Donis to showcase their talent for probably a next season loan.

- - - Updated - - -

Only super talents like Pogba break right through into teams, and even then it doesn't happen right away. Look at him with United. Depends on the coach, tactics used, and whether the team can afford to allow them time to integrate.
Pogba's problem at United was that homegrown + eligible for national team criteria for Champions League, which is why Cleverly was given the first chance, imo. I am worried we might do similar mistakes with some of our youngsters.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
It is unfortunate that our youth development hasn't been up to standards.
If you ponder that Youth signings take far longer to soak before showing their true value, the work of Beppe and hatchet man Paratici need a while longer to be judged. The older players we have bought stakes in are doing well enough...Berardi, Boakye, Zaza, Gabbiadini...and the younger ones are still looking promising.
What did happen to this guy? I remember hearing a lot of great things about his potential.
He was doing fine and dandy with Brescia last season until he suffered a very similar injury to the nasty one which crunched Quagliarella for so so so long. He was not yet fit enough in the summer to send him to another loan club so he stayed with us and has been training with the seniors, appearing in the odd friendly. I expect him to go out on loan in January. His story is not finished...especially with Raiola as his agent.

How is sakor going?
My major hope for the future, young Vajebah is doing well. Playing regularly for our primavera, also continuing to represent his country at international youth level. Zanchetta seems still working out his best line-up and he has a very large squad to play with. Sakor remains on course to progress...As does Garcia, Gerbaudo, Marzouk and Soumah. Others of course, but they can wait for a write-up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)