Osama Bin Laden is dead! (15 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
This morning, I read the most stupid article I read since a long time. It is from a stupid Saudi newspaper that says that Bin Laden was killed because the second man in Al-Qaeda Al-Dhawaheri (Egyptian) wanted to get rid of him because he wanted the Egyptians members to control the whole organization. This is too stupid theory, but it is too normal coming from a Saudi newspaper that has nothing to do with credibility.

Here is the news in Arabic:
http://www.alwatan.com.sa/Politics/News_Detail.aspx?ArticleID=52664&CategoryID=1

Anyway, I tried to ask people around me about what they believe that took place regarding Bin Laden. The majoirty now think that man has died for natural reasons, and the Americans knew about that, so they decided to make his death one of their achievements although they could not kill him.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
I didn't know him so I can't really say. Why would they make that up?
You know he was millionaire. right? Why would he leave his millions and go to mountains to smoke weed? If he was so passionate about weed, why didn't he smoke weed in his villa wherever he wanted in the world without going to Afghanistan and Pakistan?

Why would they make that up? To sell more papers maybe?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'd encourage, or no, I demand everyone to listen to this following interview. Dr. Steve Pieczenik is a member of the Council of Foreign Relations, an Army War College Lecturer, served as Senior Policy Planner under Henry Kissinger, and is a consultant for the Department of Defense. He's also the real Jack Ryan from all those Tom Clancy novels.

Disregard Alex Jones and listen to what Pieczenik says here. This guy is NOT a tin foiler. According to him, Bin Laden has been dead since 2002 and all this nonsense is for financial and political gain.

In 1969, Dr. Pieczenik was drafted into the United States Public Health Service where he eventually obtained the rank of USPHS Captain (O6). He was sent to run three psychiatric wards at Saint Elizabeth's Hospital in Washington, DC. After receiving one of four prestigious National Institutes of Mental Health scholarships allowing him to attend any psychiatric residency program in the United States, he enrolled in a residency program in Psychiatry at Harvard Medical College at the Massachusetts Mental Health Center. Dr. Pieczenik became board certified in Psychiatry and was a board examiner for ten years in both Psychiatry and Neurology.

During his residency program at Harvard, Dr. Pieczenik simultaneously got a Ph.D. in Political Science and International Relations at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). Toward the end of his residency he received two Harry C. Solomon Awards for his research on Hierarchy of Ego Defense Mechanisms in Foreign Policy Decision Making and Cognitive Behavioral Determinants for the Treatment of Borderline Patients. This latter paper became the foundation for utilizing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) in patients with Borderline Personality Disorder. No one else in the history of Harvard Medical College has ever received two Harry C. Solomon Awards. Historically, recipients of the award go on to become chairmen of academic departments and major leaders in Psychiatry. However, Dr. Pieczenik's career took a different path.
[edit]Government Work

Dr. Pieczenik received the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) fellowship where he was recruited by Lawrence Eagleburger as Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Management. In that position he created the Office to Combat Terrorism and the Family Liaison Office. He reorganized the medical department within the State Department, and merged and reorganized the Department of Cultural Affairs and US Information Agency into one organization: the International Communications Agency.
Dr. Pieczenik created first hostage survival courses in the US government and became famous for developing the strategy and tactics for rescuing hostages around the world. Through his hostage negotiation skills he helped save many lives. He developed the basic tenets for psychological warfare, counter terrorism, strategy and tactics for trans-cultural negotiations for the US State Department, military and intelligence communities and other agencies of the US Government.
Dr. Pieczenik served as Deputy Assistant Secretary of State and/or Senior Policy Planner under Secretaries Henry Kissinger, Cyrus Vance, George Schultz and James Baker. Dr. Pieczenik continues to consult to the Department of Defense.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
I'd encourage, or no, I demand everyone to listen to this following interview. Dr. Steve Pieczenik is a member of the Council of Foreign Relations, an Army War College Lecturer, served as Senior Policy Planner under Henry Kissinger, and is a consultant for the Department of Defense. He's also the real Jack Ryan from all those Tom Clancy novels.

Disregard Alex Jones and listen to what Pieczenik says here. This guy is NOT a tin foiler. According to him, Bin Laden has been dead since 2002 and all this nonsense is for financial and political gain.

I did not see the Youtube as it is not allowed in my work, but his viewpoint makes sense.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Facts are facts

And if you're trying to downplay the events on 26/11 then that is just ridiculous. Calling what happened in Mumbai "pathetic" - seriously?? Without knowing you one could come to the conclusion that you supported what happened - even condoned it.

As for the most harm being done to Pakistan by these terror groups -- they use Pakistan as their safe haven, why don't they choose elsewhere unless they are being allowed to stay?

You need to really open your eyes and stop trying to justify whats happening and stop making Pakistan as an innocent pawn/victim in all of this that is unable to control anything.
:howler:

You make it sound like Pakistani is doing nothing for the war on terror. FYI we have more than 30 000 killed since 2001, that's ten time more than the victims of 9/11 (don't take it wrong, 9/11 had huge losses as well)
Which country in the world has captured most Al Qaida members and handed them over to the US?
I'll tell you, Pakistan.

Abu Zubaydah in Faisalabad - March 2002
Ramzi Binalshibh in Karachi - September 2002
Khalid Shaikh Mohammad in Rawalpindi - March 2003
Ammar Al Baluch - 2003
Abu Faraj Al Libi in Mardan - 2005
Umar Patek was captured recently.

Don't make it sound like Pakistan is safe haven for terrorists, we are working as hard as any other country if not more in this war.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010

Thanks a lot Andy, this sounds interesting.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
You know he was millionaire. right? Why would he leave his millions and go to mountains to smoke weed? If he was so passionate about weed, why didn't he smoke weed in his villa wherever he wanted in the world without going to Afghanistan and Pakistan?

You don't have a point. Him having money is irrelevant as cannabis is not a strictly lower class drug. He doesn't have to be "passionate" about it to smoke either. The guy was living in a secluded compound for years, stressed and probably bored out of his mind. They also mention that he likely had health issues which symptoms could have been alleviated with cannabis.

they don't need to make this up to sell papers, Bin Laden's death is already all over TV and the media. It's the biggest story in months. Him smoking cannabis/ having pepsi is really not a big deal.
I think he was talking about the Pepsi and Coke?
Mainly that yea. If he's so anti-west then why is he drinking Coke?

Seems like he's holding other people to standards that he himself did not follow.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Whoops, folks aren't getting their stories straight!

With the elite commandos now back on U.S. soil, giving their own accounts of what happened, those details are now coming into greater and greater focus -- and the picture emerging differs significantly from the initial version to come from the White House.

What the administration initially said was an "intense firefight" leading to the al Qaeda chief's death, The New York Times on Thursday dubbed an "extremely one-sided" attack. Officials briefed on the operation, says The Times, indicate the only bullets every fired at the SEAL team came from bin Laden's trusted courier -- the man who inadvertently led the U.S. to the compound -- in the first minutes of the raid. After that, once the SEALs entered the three-storey block-like structure, they were never fired upon again.

On Tuesday, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters the U.S. troops "met with a great deal of resistance," adding that many people in the compound were armed.

Carney said the raid led to a "highly volatile firefight" and said those involved in the raid "handled themselves with the utmost professionalism."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_162-20059960-503543.html

"Anyone can just go in there and kill someone, but you can't get information from a corpse."

- SEAL motto

Apr 12, 2004

Maybe he was a big Willie Nelson fan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)